Craigslist comes through again with a snow blower and a 3-point receiver.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I saw a Land Pride SB1574 snow blower on Craigslist a couple of days ago that was advertised as being three years old and having around 20 hours on it. I noticed that it had hydraulic chute rotation and hydraulic deflector angle and looked to be in good condition. I called the local dealer to see what a new one would cost. They actually have one in stock and I could add it to my new MX6000 order, but after hearing the price of almost $6,000 (with hydraulics), and learning that the $500 implement rebate had already been applied to the FEL, I decided to contact the Craigslist seller and arrange to take a look.

I didn't want to insult the guy but asked him what his lowest price would be but he was firm at $3,500. I committed to buying it soon after taking a quick look and went back out this evening with my trailer and cash, and a Dan Wesson 1911. We agreed on $1,200 for the pistol and $2,300 cash. He's happy, I'm happy so all is good.

When I went to look at the snow blower earlier in the day, there was a 3-point King Kutter "trailer mover with ball" laying next to the blower. He mentioned that he never uses it so I casually said "I'll give you $50 for it" to which he replied, "sounds good". It's a heavy piece. I don't know much about King Kutter but a quick search shows that this model sells for around $250. Even if they can be found for half that it's still a good price.

The blower needs a bit of TLC, not much, but I'll go through it. Not sure if the hydraulic couplers are standard but he was running it behind an L6060 which he sold recently. With the front hydraulic blade and now this 3-point snow blower I feel a little better about being prepared for this winter.

SB1574_02.jpg

SB1574_01.jpg

king_kutter_01.jpg

Reactions: 9 users

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Were you wearing a burgler's mask when you picked up those items? Terrific deal !!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Were you wearing a burgler's mask when you picked up those items? Terrific deal !!
Thanks. The seller kind of knew what the going price is for a new SB1574 but I think he was basing it on what he paid three years ago and adding a typical inflation value. I don't think he'd recently called a dealer to find out what the current price is. I was really happy to give him a pistol that I don't shoot and don't care about in lieu of $1,200 and he really liked it so he feels that he got a good deal.

He mentioned paying a couple of hundred dollars for the King Kutter 3-point gizmo but was more than happy to see it gone for $50.

I did check that everything rotated freely during the first inspection and it's faded a bit in the sun, but overall the blower is in 95% condition I'd say.

Reactions: 2 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
that is awesome, what great a deal for both of you!

Reactions: 1 user

Pony Doc

Lifetime Member

Equipment
SSV75 Kioti LK3054 Oliver 1250
Dec 15, 2020
Central Colorado
That 3- point hitch configuration may be for a goose neck 2 5/16" ball. Is there a receiver receptacle on the back side? If so you`ve got even more flexibility. You may need to switch to a 2" ball for a receiver type hitch.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
That 3- point hitch configuration may be for a goose neck 2 5/16" ball. Is there a receiver receptacle on the back side? If so you`ve got even more flexibility. You may need to switch to a 2" ball for a receiver type hitch.
I don't have a goose neck trailer but there is a receiver for a 2" square bar or tube. I have 2" and 2-5/16" balls that will slide into the receiver. This is the model and North40 wants $320 for it. With current steel prices it would probably cost that much to buy the raw material! 😂

It's a solid and heavy piece and fortunately I didn't weld the chain link "eye" back onto my current receiver yet (after I cut it off) so will weld it to this instead.

king_kutter_02.jpg

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
Nice find! Just a tip remove the hand guard on the shoot. It will clog with wet snow and is a bear to clean out when it does.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Nice find! Just a tip remove the hand guard on the shoot. It will clog with wet snow and is a bear to clean out when it does.
Thanks. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Typically our snow up here is fairly dry but it wasn't last year or the year before and I dealt with a clogged snow blower on the BX quite a lot and it sucked for sure.

I got the blower off the trailer (love the Land Pride pallet forks) and did some basic maintenance. I had to adjust the 3-point pin and top link bushings since my 3-point won't drop low enough to get under the bushings. There are two positions and the upper positions work great.

I hooked up the driveshaft and span up the blower and it's smooth as can be. I'll change the gear box oil and drain out any hydraulic oil in the system before hooking up hoses to my tractor. There are a few other basic maintenance items to take care of but overall this appears to be a very good blower at a great price. It's way more blower than I used to run on my BX and it's so much easier to react to an unexpected snow dump with the MX, front hydraulic blade and rear blower compared to the BX with the mid PTO driven front snow blower. I can now hook up what I need in 15 minutes without having to crawl around under the BX or having to commit to a winter setup prematurely.

SB1574_03.jpg

SB1574_04.jpg

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I hope you send this guy a Xmas card !

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Ha, I thought you were going to say that the Dan Wesson was for Craigslist protection...

That's how I go to look at stuff...but with a SIG. ;)

Nice score by the way.

Reactions: 3 users

gunnersguru

Equipment
L4701
Aug 12, 2021
SEMO
Ha, I thought you were going to say that the Dan Wesson was for Craigslist protection...

Nice score by the way.
i was thinking the same thing , seller knows you have 3500.00 + in pocket

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
"Hi ! I'm mcmxi. You know....dat guy dat called and said I'd take them goods you listed on Craigslist and any other valuables yuz got layin' around!" :ROFLMAO:
Burglar Mask.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana

Nice score by the way.
Thanks. I'm well pleased with the deal.

I'm always armed when I'm out and about and it was no different when I went to look at the blower yesterday. We were talking and the seller mentioned that he likes firearms so that's when I asked him if he was looking for anything in particular. I bought a couple of firearms back with me for the seller to look at when I went to pick up the blower.

I've been a SIG fan since 1992 which is when I bought the first of many. I still have that German made P220 that I bought back then, as well as a couple of German made P225s, a P239 and a bunch of P220s.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
TLC? Hmmm, not seeing it! :)
There are a few things to work on. I picked up new shear bolts today, will change the gear box oil as I mentioned, drain the hydraulic oil, grease up all the zirks (did that already), and apply some paint here and there. The steel is a bit bent where the snow goes into the second stage so will straighten and paint. Like I said, the blower is about 95% from where I sit and clearly has sat way more than it was used. It's in better shape than the blower I had on my BX for five years, that's for sure.

I asked the local dealer to run the serial number since I knew that they sold it and it checked out as having been sold to the person I bought it from.

WDF

Equipment
Kubota L2501 HST/FEL
Jan 4, 2021
Central Florida
Great deal. I have the same trailer mover and I paid $199. It's been a handy piece to have around the place.

Sounds like a nice 1911. One of those was my first handgun back in the day. Sitting in the safe somewhere.

jkrez

Equipment
Gr2120, LX3310, bh77 hoe, 64 inch commercial snow blower, landpride pallet forks
Apr 16, 2021
Berks County PA

Nice score by the way.
I was thinking the same thing

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
mcmxi said:
and went back out this evening with my trailer and cash, and a Dan Wesson 1911.
I was thinking the same thing
You guys are hilarious! 😂 I can see that it might be interpreted that way, but if I had a bad feeling about the seller and the idea of showing up with $3,500 in cash, I'd take a lot more than a 1911 even though my user name is MCMXI. If you follow NW Montana news, I've got more chance of being shot outside a fitness center than during a Craigslist transaction.

Reactions: 1 users