Craigslist comes through again with a snow blower and a 3-point receiver.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Nice find! Just a tip remove the hand guard on the shoot. It will clog with wet snow and is a bear to clean out when it does.
I should have listened! :giggle: I was trying to remove a couple inches of slush the other morning and didn't make much progress. I ended up using the front blade and blower to push the snow off the asphalt.

chute.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Live and learn from others' mistakes, and if you can't learn from others, then you are doomed to learn the hard way. When blowing slushy snow, the chute hood has to be as open as possible, and the finger guard belongs in the garage. You will now need to make sure that the slush doesn't turn to ice, so the best way to do that is to melt the snow with heat. Never ever put your hand into the chute. Always use a snowblower snow shovel or a piece of wood.

Reactions: 1 user

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Douse that chute down with your favorite snow cone syurp flavor. Grab a couple of spoons and your girl for a fun date night cleaning out the blower!!:ROFLMAO:

Edit: There'd be enough there to even invite the neighbors over!

• Haha

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
You will now need to make sure that the slush doesn't turn to ice, so the best way to do that is to melt the snow with heat.
That ship sailed a few days ago! It's a block of ice in the chute! :ROFLMAO: I was in a rush to get to an appointment the other morning so didn't clear the blockage when it was still soft.

I'll pull the guard off and beat on the ice with a 4lb hammer, or I can hook up the propane heater and melt that plug out of there.

BobInSD

Equipment
L5740
Jun 23, 2020
South Dakota
If we lived in a less litigous society somebody might just advise you to leave the darn thing off. Just sayin'>

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
If we lived in a less litigous society somebody might just advise you to leave the darn thing off. Just sayin'>
I removed the guard yesterday and cleared out the ice from the chute. I'll be blowing snow this morning and will see how it goes with the guard off. If all goes well I'll leave the guard off.

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
I removed the guard yesterday and cleared out the ice from the chute. I'll be blowing snow this morning and will see how it goes with the guard off. If all goes well I'll leave the guard off.
Just one more tip, Spray the chute with silicone and that snow will pass thru it like grass through a Goose! A tip from the snow Capital of the East Coast.

thebicman

Equipment
B2601 + BX2755HD + 50" box blade
Feb 2, 2017
Ottawa, ontario
One of the first things I did was line the three sides of the chute with PTFE, poor mans teflon. Nothing sticks to it and my gravel driveway doesn't beat up the paint on the chute.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Just one more tip, Spray the chute with silicone and that snow will pass thru it like grass through a Goose! A tip from the snow Capital of the East Coast.
Good suggestion. I used the blower today in 10F temps with the protective guard removed without any issues so will leave it off and buy some silicon spray if I don't have any in the garage.

This blower is a BIG step up over the BX5450 I used to run on the front of the BX25D. It's not necessarily "commercial" grade but it's definitely much more capable. I really hope for lots of snow this winter.

SB1574_07.jpg

• Love

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
One of the first things I did was line the three sides of the chute with PTFE, poor mans teflon. Nothing sticks to it and my gravel driveway doesn't beat up the paint on the chute.
I have heard about this being done, and I would love to explore the possibility of doing that to my blower. Can you supply some pictures and an explanation of how you cut the material and what you used to install it in the chute? Thanks, Dusty

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I took some video of the SB1574 yesterday while blowing snow. It's not easy to steer, control the chute and take video but you'll get some idea of how well this Land Pride blower works.

No annoying music, no talking endlessly about what's going on ... just the sweet sound of the MX engine, Land Pride blower and snow running through the chute. :giggle: