Compatible Front Mount SnowBlowers for BX

rosuallu

Equipment
BX23
Oct 26, 2022
maine
Im interested in getting a front mount snowblower for my new 2022 BX23, whether new or used. I was looking at a used 2750B but my dealer said to stay away from it as it was older and could be tricky getting the right shaft and subframe. Is there any resource that helps guide someone on what blowers and subframe work with the BX23? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

91diesel

Equipment
BX23S Homemade hyd toplink and pallet forks, Agriease/Nor-Trac snowblower
Dec 31, 2021
Fairbanks, AK
I think I ended up deleting the link in my 'favorites' folder, but...... I found a post on ? (tractor.net maybe?) and a guy there had got a 2750b and put it on a BX23s/80 series BX. Apparently, he just used the 70 series front attachment/shafts/etc and it just bolted up. The only downside is on an 80 series he said you can't open the hood all the way. I guess the differences in the 80 series mount is it pushes it out a bit further for the forward opening hood. ** full disclosure, this is what I recall I read..... take your chances if you are unable to find the post**
I had attempted to get a 2750B up here in Fairbanks from someone, it didn't work out, but that is why I was searching for this same thing. I ended up getting a rear mount blower. So I guess the hard part might be getting the 70 series mount kit?

rosuallu

Equipment
BX23
Oct 26, 2022
maine
I think I ended up deleting the link in my 'favorites' folder, but...... I found a post on ? (tractor.net maybe?) and a guy there had got a 2750b and put it on a BX23s/80 series BX. Apparently, he just used the 70 series front attachment/shafts/etc and it just bolted up. The only downside is on an 80 series he said you can't open the hood all the way. I guess the differences in the 80 series mount is it pushes it out a bit further for the forward opening hood. ** full disclosure, this is what I recall I read..... take your chances if you are unable to find the post**
I had attempted to get a 2750B up here in Fairbanks from someone, it didn't work out, but that is why I was searching for this same thing. I ended up getting a rear mount blower. So I guess the hard part might be getting the 70 series mount kit?
Much appreciated. I'll see if I can track it down. I'll have to look up what series mine is. Its brand new. I think this is what my dealer was warning me about. That it can work, but might require some work to make it do so.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
You have an 80 series tractor that uses the K connect system. If you were to purchase a used BX2750 A, B, C, etc. you will need to remove the mountings and purchase the K connect mounting parts. It can be done, but it is expensive. Kubota changed the numbering system when they went to the K connect on the 80 series tractors, but the basic snowblower remained the same. The BX2750 is a chain drive that runs off of an upper and a lower gear set to propel both the primary and secondary augers. I wouldn't recommend the older PTO system since the K connect is far superior and easier to use. If you keep your eyes open on Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist, you can find a used complete snowblower kit. I got mine used for 1 season from a dealer in NH, and the year before I located another used one for a friend at a different dealer in NH. It seems that when the dealers take in a trade they are willing to separate the optional equipment from the tractor and sell it off to the first customer that asks. I just checked Facebook Marketplace in Maine, but nothing showed up. Be patient and you will find one. In the meantime, should you want a snowplow that goes in place of your quick connect bucket, I have one that I am going to sell since I don't need it any longer.

Reactions: 1 users

rosuallu

Equipment
BX23
Oct 26, 2022
maine
You have an 80 series tractor that uses the K connect system. If you were to purchase a used BX2750 A, B, C, etc. you will need to remove the mountings and purchase the K connect mounting parts. It can be done, but it is expensive. Kubota changed the numbering system when they went to the K connect on the 80 series tractors, but the basic snowblower remained the same. The BX2750 is a chain drive that runs off of an upper and a lower gear set to propel both the primary and secondary augers. I wouldn't recommend the older PTO system since the K connect is far superior and easier to use. If you keep your eyes open on Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist, you can find a used complete snowblower kit. I got mine used for 1 season from a dealer in NH, and the year before I located another used one for a friend at a different dealer in NH. It seems that when the dealers take in a trade they are willing to separate the optional equipment from the tractor and sell it off to the first customer that asks. I just checked Facebook Marketplace in Maine, but nothing showed up. Be patient and you will find one. In the meantime, should you want a snowplow that goes in place of your quick connect bucket, I have one that I am going to sell since I don't need it any longer.

Thank you very much for the explanation. Thats the education I was looking for. When you say I can find a complete unit, are you saying the newer 2822 or 2816? Thats what my dealer said I should be looking at. If you wouldnt mind keeping your eyes out I would greatly appreciate it. And what is the snowplow you have. I am thinking of a pusher just bc its a lot less $$. Is what you have the same. Can you share pictures and what you want for it?

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
A pusher is a bottomless box that gathers up the snow and when you get to where you want to put it, you lift the box up leaving the snow at that location. Once you become proficient at its use, you can pile the snow with it. You can also flip it to back to drag the snow away from the front of a building. A snow plow will push the snow to the side and create a windrow of snow along the edge of a driveway. In the beginning of the season, you have to keep pushing the windrow further back so you have room to push the next snowstorms snow off of the driveway. This is why I like having both a snowblower and a plow. Light snows, I plow to the side, and then I can blow them into the field so there is no buildup at the edge of the driveway. If we get a lot of snow, I will blow the driveway clean and then use the plow to remove any residue of snow before it freezes and turns to ice. If you have a loader-attached snow plow, then you can lift the plow and angle it to push the top of the windrow of snow away from the edge of the driveway. Learning to plow snow isn't difficult, but I have seen people spend the whole day and not accomplish much because they haven't ever learned how to properly plow. I learned decades ago by watching professional snow plow drivers to learn to plow. I have been doing it for over 65 years. I will admit that I have never used a snow pusher but would like to add one to my snow-clearing arsenal one day.

rosuallu

Equipment
BX23
Oct 26, 2022
maine
Thanks for that video. he makes it look easy with an inch of snow. I wonder what its like with 6, 8 or 12". I am familiar with plowing and blowing. Just trying to figure out what is best for me with investing thousands more on top of the tractor. I have about 1,000' or driveway - not small. But seriously I have no problem blowing it with a walk behind but realize that will get old pretty fast. So what your selling is an actual plow? That would probably handle deeper snow better. Any pictures, cost?

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I have it put away but will get it out in the next week or two and post some pictures. It is the snowplow that mounts on the tractor's loader arm when you remove the bucket.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Just sent you a private message (conversation) about the correct snowblower located in Maine. Below are pictures of a plow just like the one that I have for sale.
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
FYI the "factory" K connect mount for my 2020 BX 23S is the BX2811.
I also have the BX2816 50" snowblower that attaches to it.
Very nice system, on and off in minutes.

rosuallu

Equipment
BX23
Oct 26, 2022
maine
Is the K connect the subframe mount? Im still confused how many parts I need.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
with a 1,000' driveway ,I'd use a snowblower. It's a LOT of snow to get rid of and unless your FIRST plowing is far away from the driveway, you won't have anywhere to plow the next snowfall too. if it freezes, you're in for a LOT of pain.
A snowblower gets ALL the snow far,far away ..1st time, every time which is great news when you get 3 dumps of white in 3 dayze.......
3rd option is a SSQA selfpowered snowblower. easy to install...takes seconds, no sore body from turning around and around using a rear blower.when not needed , easy to remove to put bucket on.
as for cost , check out what a BX1811 + BX2816 are , then decide.
A lot of ATVers have them now,say they're better than plows.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Is the K connect the subframe mount? Im still confused how many parts I need.
You need the snowblower, and there are a couple of choices, but it MUST be K connect compatible. Then you will need the K connect quick mount. Since you want to use a snowblower, you will also need the PTO kit.

You are going to need the below items:
BX2811 - Drive System "K-connect" for the BX2810 mount $862.00

BX2810 - 4-point hitch A Shape AKA the Quick Mount $932.00

55" COMMERCIAL FRONT SNOW BLOWER (BX2822A) $4,526.00

48" COMMERCIAL FRONT SNOW BLOWER (BX2830) $4,244.00

50" FRONT SNOW BLOWER (BX2816) $2,662.00

The following items are optional on whatever snowblower you purchase.

HYDRAULIC SNOWBLOWER CHUTE ROTATION KIT (B2784A) $1,004.00

ELECTRIC CHUTE ROTATION FOR 50" SNOWBLOWER (BX2819A) $484.00

HYDRAULIC CHUTE ROTATION FOR 50" SNOWBLOWER (BX2818A) $1,018.00

ELECTRIC CHUTE DEFLECTOR (BX2820A) $638.00 ( I have one for sale that I removed from my snowblower ) $400

HYDRAULIC CHUTE DEFLECTOR (BX2821A) $1,273.00

DRIFT CUTTERS FOR 50" SNOWBLOWER (GR2714) $89.00

DRIFT CUTTERS (BX5447) $102.00

PLASTIC SKID SHOES & CUTTING EDGE FOR 48" SNOWBLOWER (BX2831) $363.00

PLASTIC SHOES/CUTTING EDGE FOR 50" SNOWBLOWER (BX2817) $301.00

Not all options are available with all snowblowers, and some options are standard on some snowblowers and optional on others. Yes, it is very confusing to spec out exactly what you want in a snowblower when buying it new. The above information is current as posted on the Kubota Tractor Corporation website as of 10/2902022

KootenayKubota

Equipment
BX23s, RCK60B-23BX mower, 2816 50” snowblower, BX2810, BX2811, BX2818A
Dec 3, 2022
Kootenays
hello. I have this same system. Do you have a pic of the k connect and blower shaft faces engaged? I did maintenance on mine yesterday, adjusted the chain and now my k connect doesn’t enrage all the way. My shaft faces engage, but there is a 3/8” gap between the inner faces. Wondering if this is normal.

armyaviatr

Equipment
Kubota BX2680, Kubota RTV X1100
Jan 25, 2020
DELAVAN, Illinois
Is anyone using the HYDRAULIC CHUTE DEFLECTOR (BX2821A )? I am looking for a picture of how the electric diverter is mounted to the snow blower. I am running a BX2816 50 inch snow blower and a land pride 3rd function kit and I am finding it difficult to get the hydraulic hoses routed from the 3rd function valve to the hydraulic cylinder in such a way as to not get the hoses tangled up on the tractor or the snow blower assembly.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
hello. I have this same system. Do you have a pic of the k connect and blower shaft faces engaged? I did maintenance on mine yesterday, adjusted the chain and now my k connect doesn’t enrage all the way. My shaft faces engage, but there is a 3/8” gap between the inner faces. Wondering if this is normal.
Check the coupler on the snowblower. Most likely, the shear pin, a 2 1/4" grade 5 bolt has broken and the coupling has moved forward. I am now on number 3 of this shear pin. It is a common problem with the new K Connect system I believe, but have yet to prove it. As time goes on with these (BX2816 & BX2322) snowblowers, we will see how many owners are experiencing this issue. I presently know of one other. I can get quite expensive if you damage either one or both of those drive connectors.

https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/threads/lx2940-quick-hitch-manual.60868/#post-595692

KootenayKubota

Equipment
BX23s, RCK60B-23BX mower, 2816 50” snowblower, BX2810, BX2811, BX2818A
Dec 3, 2022
Kootenays
Check the coupler on the snowblower. Most likely, the shear pin, a 2 1/4" grade 5 bolt has broken and the coupling has moved forward. I am now on number 3 of this shear pin. It is a common problem with the new K Connect system I believe, but have yet to prove it. As time goes on with these (BX2816 & BX2322) snowblowers, we will see how many owners are experiencing this issue. I presently know of one other. I can get quite expensive if you damage either one or both of those drive connectors.

https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/threads/lx2940-quick-hitch-manual.60868/#post-595692
I hear what you’re saying, but here is a pic of the coupling off and on the blower connected to the K connect. It seems that this is normal? Also,the bolt was broken/missing BUT there is a square key way on the blower shaft to prevent the coupling from breaking that bolt, so not sure how that happens 🤷🏻‍♂️

Attachments

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
From a 'mechanical' viewpoint, as I don't have the K system, in picture #3 , there's not a lot of 'overlap' between the two 'couplings' and there's a lot of distance (gap) between them radially ( round the clock ? ) compared to a 'Lovejoy' type of coupling
maybe this is normal for the system but it seems way to 'sloppy'.
I'm sure someone with it can explain it better. perhaps it's ok ?