Compatible Front Mount SnowBlowers for BX

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I believe that there is movement for and aft when the snowblower is in gear, and it is this forward pressure that causes the bolt to break. I don't know if you noticed, the coupling slides onto the shaft quite easily, and the bolt can't clamp the coupling to the shaft. The bolt only keeps it from moving forward. Today, I installed my BX2822 snowblower and looked at that coupling on the shaft. I believe that if a collar were added forward of the coupling, and locked tight to the shaft with a couple of Allen screws, that would keep the coupling from moving forward and shearing the bolt. I also don't understand why it doesn't specify to use a grade 8 bolt instead of a grade 5. In reality, it really isn't a shear situation since there is a key and keyway that keeps it located. In the spring I am contemplating having a collar machined to take up the space in front of the coupling. It will have a 1" I.D. and a 2" O.D. with 3 deep holes for the Allen screws. Put the Allen screw into its locked position, and then put another Allen screw on top of it to keep it from backing out or loosening.

KootenayKubota

Equipment
BX23s, RCK60B-23BX mower, 2816 50” snowblower, BX2810, BX2811, BX2818A
Dec 3, 2022
Kootenays
I believe that there is movement for and aft when the snowblower is in gear, and it is this forward pressure that causes the bolt to break. I don't know if you noticed, the coupling slides onto the shaft quite easily, and the bolt can't clamp the coupling to the shaft. The bolt only keeps it from moving forward. Today, I installed my BX2822 snowblower and looked at that coupling on the shaft. I believe that if a collar were added forward of the coupling, and locked tight to the shaft with a couple of Allen screws, that would keep the coupling from moving forward and shearing the bolt. I also don't understand why it doesn't specify to use a grade 8 bolt instead of a grade 5. In reality, it really isn't a shear situation since there is a key and keyway that keeps it located. In the spring I am contemplating having a collar machined to take up the space in front of the coupling. It will have a 1" I.D. and a 2" O.D. with 3 deep holes for the Allen screws. Put the Allen screw into its locked position, and then put another Allen screw on top of it to keep it from backing out or loosening.
I hear what you’re saying. Do you have the same K connect? If so, is your spacing between couplers, when engaged, similar to what’s in my pics?

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I just got my snowblower out today, and I have no idea how tightly that they mesh. To be honest with you I was dealing with installing new shoes, cutting edge, and greasing the snowblower, which took up way too much of my time because of stupid assembly mistakes by either the dealer that installed the parts or the factory that built the snowblower. Grease fittings were not accessible the way it was built, so I spent a lot of time fixing others' sloppy mistakes. I will look at it tomorrow as long as it isn't too cold outside. In the meantime. post additional pictures showing how your parts are held on, or why they came off.

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
I don't always check in here every day, but hopefully saturday when I have time I'll put it together and take a look/pic. I still have the bucket on.