Coin SHortage?

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
I did my part and dropped off my coins at the bank today. My $32 of coins won’t do much good though.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Finally ran into this, the local Jack in Box is refusing all cash transactions, cards only.
Check your state laws. My Mom showed me an article last weekend done by someone in the Mississippi government. Thinking it was either governor or attorney general. They stated that this is actually illegal. And that if they refused to except cash then they needed to provide the merchandise to you at no charge.

Then linked to the Mississippi law supporting this.

They then went one step further and stated that they want to be told about any buisiness doing this since it is illegal and were gonna prosecute them accordingly.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Guess my 5 gallon Minne Haha bottle full might be a bit. It's so heavy I cannot move it anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Check your state laws. My Mom showed me an article last weekend done by someone in the Mississippi government. Thinking it was either governor or attorney general. They stated that this is actually illegal. And that if they refused to except cash then they needed to provide the merchandise to you at no charge.

Then linked to the Mississippi law supporting this.

They then went one step further and stated that they want to be told about any buisiness doing this since it is illegal and were gonna prosecute them accordingly.
I have looked and find nothing on our State (Illinois) that requires stores to take cash. I know on the Federal level there is no requirement (https://www.federalreserve.gov/faqs/currency_12772.htm)

In addition, it looks like the statement about Mississippi is in correct. https://www.fox13memphis.com/news/l...inesses-take-cash/ECCWCC7M3JHPHMTIRLBVYXQWT4/

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Finally ran into this, the local Jack in Box is refusing all cash transactions, cards only.
Walk away and go where they will accept cash. That's what I do. To make it really inconvenient for the businesses that have signage saying they will not accept cash, place the order anyway and when they ask you to swipe a card cancel the order. The inconvenience of the time wasted will catch the management eye because most canceled transactions require a manager to authorize it. I ran into that at a Burger King and they accepted my cash instead of canceling the order.

One thing that I was thinking about trying was to write a check for the amount and see what happens. Most businesses around here require a manager to approve a check. The inconvenience to the customers and staff might just turn some of this shit around. Remember, it is us that have the power. Without our purchases the business dies. It is a peaceful revolt against those that are trying to control us. Don't just acquiesce to the elite that are trying to control us.