Checking on pricing for a build and Q's on importance of local dealer support

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
How long did it take to get your tractor in your hands once you said "I'll take it"? And did you go thru kabota financing?
We finalized the pricing/package on Jul 24th and I send them my Kubota pre-approval finance #. They confirmed approval that same day and quoted a 10-14 day backlog for build/delivery. Originally had delivery scheduled for 8/3 (10 days later) but my schedule forced them to change to yesterday.

If I had stuck with my original delivery it would have been a total of 10 calendar days between finance approval and tractor in my driveway.

I did finance through Kubota....super simple/easy. This means I also got their insurance which was pretty reasonable.

I had test driven the model I wanted before so did the entire transaction over email and phone.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Congrats, and enjoy.

I see you got a hat out of the deal as well...I didn't. :(

japollner

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 23, 2018
GREENFIELD
Glad to see this all worked out for you!

Unfortunatly, some financial issues popped up for us after an unexpected hot water heater replacement was needed, and our foray into tractor owner is delayed... of course after we sold the plow truck.

We'll be using the same dealer you did when we are ready to pull the trigger though.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Came today from Chappell...like a kid on Christmas!

Isn’t Christmas Early a great feeling? Congratulations and it looks great.

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
Congrats, and enjoy.

I see you got a hat out of the deal as well...I didn't. :(
At first I thought it was a Kubtoa hat but it was a hat from the dealer...just as cool in my book and the color matches. The little things matter a lot to me sometimes....things like the tank being topped off and not half empty on delivery, etc.

InThesticks

Equipment
B2601
Jul 9, 2018
SC WI, US
I got the same feeling from our local dealer...I gave up and my wife started calling them being a pest as we had the deal done, signed, tractor sitting there but took them 6 weeks to get it finished. If I could have found another one we would have walked. I hope and pray I dont need to take it in for any maint reason's cause if they were this slow getting it too us...should have taken it back because the failed to tighten the 3rd function hoses, I got a nice bath, felt like I was peeing my pants, fluid was warm..LOL. Sad thing as I seen the owner tell the tech to tighten the hoses, guess he should have told him both ends!

So far I love this little beast.

shop

Aug 6, 2018
Eliot Maine USA
Went with MB in Eliot. Probably could have saved a few hundred by shopping around but I really liked the idea I could drive it in for service if needed. I will say that the service level went way up once I pulled the trigger. Said "I'll take it!" Monday at noon. Drove It home Friday at 2. That included shipping in a tiller and all the financials. I did not pre qualify.I feel the added warranty period was several hundred dollars of value. But there are no other trinkets.
Like you said" A kid at Christmas" Don't I look happy!

Attachments

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
Went with MB in Eliot. Probably could have saved a few hundred by shopping around but I really liked the idea I could drive it in for service if needed. I will say that the service level went way up once I pulled the trigger. Said "I'll take it!" Monday at noon. Drove It home Friday at 2. That included shipping in a tiller and all the financials. I did not pre qualify.I feel the added warranty period was several hundred dollars of value. But there are no other trinkets.
Like you said" A kid at Christmas" Don't I look happy!
Congrats!! So much fun. I must say, I look a bit younger on mine. Seriously though, I can't keep my son off the new tractor. He likes the sound of throwing rocks into the bucket as it sits in the woods next to the driveway for now.

Last edited:

shop

Aug 6, 2018
Eliot Maine USA
Awesome. He is just trying to get that baby filled up so he can dump it. Seriously though, what they say about tractors being a kid magnet are 100% true. I have to keep my head on a swivel if the grandson is home.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
First time I test drove a Kubota many years ago, my son was about his age.
He sat in my lap, and as soon as I had it running he was trying to run the loader!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greeno

Equipment
B2710 w/LA402 FEL, BL4690 hoe, RB1560, GS1560, Haban 5' sickle bar, 5' JD RC
Jul 14, 2018
Big Lake MN
I bought a used pickup from a dealer once and he flat refused to fill the gas tank. I flat refused to never darken their doorstep again.

The used B I bought from a dealer came with a full tank and 4 dealer hats...too bad theyre 2 hours away; otherwise I’d be very loyal. Shout out to Haug in Willmar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk