Cheap way to add a blue tooth radio to a kubota cab tractor

Maine Farmer

Equipment
M6040, m6800, IH 1066 hydro, jd3020
Sep 5, 2021
Maine
A lot of us can’t afford the $300 and something dollar factory radios that kubota supplies. Messicks has a kit for $90 plus shipping. But, shopping around on Amazon, I was able to get the radio for $36, the adapter wiring plug that goes into the stock harness for $23, a couple of crimp connectors and you are good to go. All the cab kubotas use the same 9 pin plug so you can put a radio into anyone of them and use the factory wiring. The factory speakers on my machine being a 10 yr old M6040 were dead, so I had to replace those. But, the whole system, including the antenna, is pre-installed on the cab tractors. So, a radio install is simple. Here is the link to my how-to video and the video description has the links for all the parts I used: radio and wiring harness install

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
You bought a cab tractor and can't afford a $300 radio? You are in for a lot of surprises. Maybe it's time to consider selling everything and moving into a city apartment.

• Dislike
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Maine Farmer

Equipment
Sep 5, 2021
Maine
You bought a cab tractor and can't afford a $300 radio? You are in for a lot of surprises. Maybe it's time to consider selling everything and moving into a city apartment.
your very funny, and have to be a classic troll. If you had read the post it’s a 10 yr old tractor and it came without a radio. Some of us work for a living and don’t mind getting grease under our nails. So saving a few $$$ and learning something new is fun and worth while.

• Love

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
your very funny, and have to be a classic troll. If you had read the post it’s a 10 yr old tractor and it came without a radio. Some of us work for a living and don’t mind getting grease under our nails. So saving a few $$$ and learning something new is fun and worth while.
At least now you will get rich posting you-tub how-to videos and promoting them with click bait by joining tractor forums. Flame away.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
I’m with Maine farmer on this on. If I didn’t have a radio already installed or needed to replace a 10 year old one no chance I’d pay a dealer for a cheap radio kit with a high price tag. Then again no way I’d put a cheap Amazon one in either. Bluetooth head units are pretty cheap pioneer kenwood alpine all make pretty affordable units if your just looking to add a new radio with xm and Bluetooth and fm. Not to say they are made any better I just like names I’ve herd and can pronounce.

Reactions: 4 users

Maine Farmer

Equipment
Sep 5, 2021
Maine
At least now you will get rich posting you-tub how-to videos and promoting them with click bait by joining tractor forums. Flame away.
Where the hate an hostility came from, I don’t know. But ripping other people apart is not going to help you feel better. Have a good day sir

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
I’m thinking this would work on my GL4060. Thanks for the tip and video :)

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
What's a "Blue Tooth Radio?"

When I think of blue tooth I think of connecting some devices together. Not sure how Blue Tooth relates to a radio, unless you are using ear phones with a cell phone that is connected to the radio using blue tooth...maybe that's it?

Or maybe some kind of Blue Tooth enabled ear muffs?

No cab tractor here so I guess I can't relate...rarely play the radio in the car either...must be getting old!

Your video might answer these questions, but I did not have the energy or time to view it. My bad, I suppose...

JP_Austin

Equipment
2021 Kubota M4D-071
Feb 15, 2022
Austin TX
Timely as I am looking to put in a radio in my M4D. Looks like I need the 9 pin adapter and that is about it. The manual states you need to have a support plate. Have not tried to remove the panel yet so not sure if it's already included or that is another item I need to pick up.

BTW - Yes bluetooth is for taking calls from your phone through the built in speakers and a built in mic on the radio. On non cab tractors will be a bit more involved but can be done.

Reactions: 1 user

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
Where the hate an hostility came from, I don’t know. But ripping other people apart is not going to help you feel better. Have a good day sir
sadly becoming more common here on OTT.... makes me want to leave but I begrudgingly come back because I like to read about peoples problems and solutions others offer, etc...

stay strong and maybe it will get better

I like to use a dewalt jobsite bluetooth speaker using music off my phone. Paid $75.

cheers

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Bluetooth is simply a form of limited distance wireless communication system between several 'devices'.
There are lots of other 'systems' that do the same thing, but BT is the most common.It has a limited useful range of about 30-50'(lots of factors), low speed so good for audio(voice).

Maine Farmer

Equipment
Sep 5, 2021
Maine
Timely as I am looking to put in a radio in my M4D. Looks like I need the 9 pin adapter and that is about it. The manual states you need to have a support plate. Have not tried to remove the panel yet so not sure if it's already included or that is another item I need to pick up.

BTW - Yes bluetooth is for taking calls from your phone through the built in speakers and a built in mic on the radio. On non cab tractors will be a bit more involved but can be done.
depends on how big of a radio you put in, aka the additional supports are really only needed if it’s a cd player. Basic radio is so light there’s no worries on the m4 cab.

Draconianruler

Equipment
MX60000 w/cab, Bobcat E42 R2
Mar 23, 2022
Commifornia
Thanks for the video and don’t let haters get you down. I have also been thinking of doing exactly what you did. It’s not about the money but about doing it yourself and the satisfaction that brings.

Reactions: 3 users

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Some people on here feel that they are much better than others and obviously have unlimited disposable income to spend to go along with it. Not everyone has much money left to spend on accessories after buying a tractor. Good job on your radio

Reactions: 5 users

JP_Austin

Equipment
2021 Kubota M4D-071
Feb 15, 2022
Austin TX
depends on how big of a radio you put in, aka the additional supports are really only needed if it’s a cd player. Basic radio is so light there’s no worries on the m4 cab.

Yeah I used this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08464VRML/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

It's only about 2" deep so no real issue with support.

I used the adapter from EBAY HERE: https://www.ebay.com/itm/203788614647

Took about 10 minutes with the soldering iron to hook the radio wires to the adapter. Installation was a couple of minutes with a screwdriver to bend the install tabs on the radio plate. Slide the whole assembly into place and viola. The bluetooth phone interface works well. From what I can tell it's equivelent to the OEM radio and 1/4 or more the cost.

notaz3

Mar 16, 2021
ID
I cheated and went with noise canceling headphones, takes out the tractor noise and sound quality is better.