Changing spool valve on b7100

Sedgwick11

Equipment
Kubota b7100
Jan 3, 2021
Fruitvale British Columbia
Hey guys new to the forum here, picked up a kubota b7100 this fall and made a custom snowblade for the front that mounts on the fel. I would like to make it hydraulic tilt for it but don't have anymore ports. What would be my best option here i was wondering about changing the spool valve to something like the one in the attachment but not sure of the compatibility. New too the tractor seen. Thank's Curtis

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That valve will work if it's an open center (OC), and has power beyond (PB).
Some valves require an adapter to make them have OC or PB.

Now I would replumb your tractor to run it the right way off the block in the front (if equipped) if not break the supply line and add fittings to tap into the feed, this will do several things.
Allow use of both the three point and the loader at the same time.
do a better job of managing fluid flow (I.E. Back / Over pressure management issues).

Sedgwick11

Equipment
Kubota b7100
Jan 3, 2021
Sorry old and tired I answered your question wrong, yes it does have open center thats the specs in the picture, So would i essentially put a tee in instead of having that valve then? And there isn't a block in the front on this one. That would be a big bonus not having that valve to mess with!

Attachments

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
Sorry old and tired I answered your question wrong, yes it does have open center...
Open center can have power beyond or not have PB... What I don't know is changing Open Center without power beyond to one with Power Beyond (like North Idaho Wolfman stated / recommends).

Personally, I would not mess with changing it over to power beyond and just swap it out, open center (w/o PB). I've never needed the 3ph and FEL at the same time...

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You can't tee into an Open Center system, it won't work.
You would have to cut the line and tap into the loop.

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
Yea, forgot about the "T" - you can not "T" into the pressure line only the low pressure return to tank (but that's with Power Beyond, which you don't have).

The 2nd valve you listed is too big; capacity 30 GPM and (large ports) I/O ports 3/4" NPTF https://www.ebay.com/p/18028895623

The first one shown; https://www.ebay.com/itm/HYDRAULIC-LOADER-VALVE-3-SPOOL-W-JOYSTICK-10-GPM-W-FLOAT-SPOOL/274533781838

Is 10 GPM (closer match to your tractor) and ports that might connect without adapters (but you'll have to check that out - what your valve uses now...)

Reactions: 1 user

Sedgwick11

Equipment
Kubota b7100
Jan 3, 2021
Thanks for the help guys 👍 would either of you have any leads on a valve? cant seem to find one that's a 10 gph or smaller thats has the float feature on one spool and the same layout as the larger valve I posted. That would be ideal or I could make that other valve listed work, would just rather have the 3 stick instead of the dual action of the other being ill only have the snow blade on 5 months of the year.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Try these guys:

Reactions: 1 user

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
So, I wish I knew more about plumbing just open center w/o PB (or converting just an open center to one with power beyond like NI Wolfman talked about). If your system had power beyond, you could have just added another spool with a single stick for the plow. I don't know how to plumb just an Open Center system.

You can use a Double Selector Valve to change the curl feature of the FEL into the snow plow tilt. (also, I assume when you said "tilt" you mean to swing left or right - or am I off base?)

Look and read about this option...

Sedgwick11

Equipment
Kubota b7100
Jan 3, 2021
I wish I knew more too about the plumbing side im very green to that haha, I kinda just want to just change that spool regardless the float feature seems to be intermittent sometimes. Yah by tilt I mean side to side as I do use the curl pretty constantly while plowing, when I made the blade I tryed to make it so it can tilt pretty far back like a bucket. I'll take some pictures tonight of it.

Sedgwick11

Equipment
Kubota b7100
Jan 3, 2021
Yah maybe have a quick connect on the one port if that would work. Here is a couple pictures of the plow I made tried to keep it from sticking out as much as possible and try to somewhat work as a bucket if I needed it too haha. Also found this blower down the road from me picked it up for 500 bucks needs a good clean but shes pretty minty 👍 off topic but any things I should look out for on this tractor?

Attachments

gas man

Equipment
b7100hst
May 25, 2019
cny
where did you get those tire chains? all i can find is ladder chains, i want a pair like that!!!