Cell Phones

Tomcat

Equipment
B7000 4WD, RS1(?) rototiller, Konik 125 ATV
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
they have those those devices that "jam" all those frequencies
This whole country would come to a screeching halt. The wife and I went out to lunch the other day and there were four people at the next table. Three talking on their phones and the other facebooking or something.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Thought about the jammer thing too. I figure just pulling the fuse for powerpoint in car will cut back on usage somewhat. That and take away kids charger. Then you bet they will be keeping usage down.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
they have those those devices that "jam" all those frequencies - I reallllly was going to buy one for my classroom....till I realized , it is VERY illegal in this fantastic country, and it did cost a few zeros......

http://www.cell-jammers.com/gsm-cdma-3g-jammers.html

damn i would love to see the kids faces when I flick the switch....:D

then again I want the little collars like they had in the old star trek from the 60's, I hit a button on my PAD and it shocks the shyte out of the smart ass kids that aint paying attention!!!!:D:D Then his $600 falls to the floor and oooppppsss, Did I do that ?

Ya'll stop laughing now ya hear!:):)
Man that would have been wonderful!!! Got so I hated to give exams to 100 some odd students, had to ask them to leave their backpacks and coats in the corner of the room with their phones in them, but you can't exactly frisk them.

Tomcat

Equipment
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
Some years ago the little wife and I were moving to a new shop. I left my dirty jeans near the bathroom door thinking that they're already dirty so I'll wear them tomorrow to finish moving our stuff. My mistake was leaving my phone in the jeans. Her mistake was not checking the pockets before doing the wash!:mad:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
TC, I've still got a flip phone! I thinks is called a Boulder. It takes baths, tumbles out of my lap when I get out of the truck, and is nearly indestructible. I've even demonstrated how you can toss it and it still works.

Tomcat

Equipment
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
I'm still shopping for a replacement for my old Samsung flip phone. The wife says they're too old fashioned. I guess it's because it doesn't have a camera and only functions as a phone and timepiece.