Caution......Interested in buying/selling a vehicle with Vroom?

wendol

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST
Feb 5, 2014
North Tx
Stay away from this company as they are far from reputable. Much too long of a story, and I didn't check them out before entering into a "deal" with them.

Read the reviews, and note:

AG Paxton Files Lawsuit Against Vroom Due to Deceptive Trade Practices. Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton filed a deceptive trade practices lawsuit against the online used vehicle dealer Vroom Automotive LLC and Vroom Inc., which also sells cars to Texas consumers under the name Texas Direct Auto.Apr 20, 2022

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
LOLOL… Ken Paxton…?? You gotta be kidding if you believe in that guy! Paxton IS THE DEFINITION OF FRAUD! He is presently suspended from office and under investigation himself for fraud.

From factual matters and the public record:

”In a stunning public hearing on May 24, House investigators publicly detailed allegations of a yearslong pattern of misconduct and questionable actions by Paxton. On May 25, the committee unanimously recommended that Paxton be impeached and removed from office.”

wendol

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST
Feb 5, 2014
North Tx
LOLOL… Ken Paxton…?? You gotta be kidding if you believe in that guy! Paxton IS THE DEFINITION OF FRAUD! He is presently suspended from office and under investigation himself for fraud.

From factual matters and the public record:

”In a stunning public hearing on May 24, House investigators publicly detailed allegations of a yearslong pattern of misconduct and questionable actions by Paxton. On May 25, the committee unanimously recommended that Paxton be impeached and removed from office.”
Hopefully you're not dismissing the fact that Vroom has major problems, based on Ken Paxton's issues (all true as you stated).

Maybe this website will provide more proof of their dealings:
https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/stafford/profile/used-car-dealers/vroom-0915-90044633

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Vroom, Carvana, others have all run their course.

both, personal and dealer selling/buying is changing-big time.

There were some precedents set, and they were very successful-but not perfect. Lessons have been learned as to what consumers and sellers are "ready for", currently. But the future holds a lot more changes.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Went looking for a new car, and they are not discounting the cars in stock, and selling for list price and in some instances adding "extras" at exorbitant prices to hide the fact that they are actually charging a premium price above retail. As for my trade, they are only offering the lowest wholesale price for a 2016 car with 68,000 on the clock as if it were a 150,000 mile car. The car shines like new, inside and out, has new Michelin tires, and is in excellent mechanical condition. Carfax on the trade shows all services performed on schedule. Not worth considering a new car until the dealers come back down to earth.

wendol

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST
Feb 5, 2014
North Tx
Upgrading a vehicle is a two fold transaction in my simple mind......I'm selling (trading) a vehicle and I'm buying a vehicle. Breaking in down into two transactions, just works better financially for me.

I've always had good luck selling my trade in to Carvana.....basically they make an online offer, and if the vehicle is in the condition you state on your initial inquiry......I drive to their location, and in 20-30 minutes they walk around the vehicle, and I have a check in hand. And yes I loose the tax advantage by not trading it in, however I get more from Carvana to make up for that plus usually $1,000 or more.

My recent experience of selling my vehicle, I was greedy when Vroom offered what seemed to be too good an offer......went that route, and sure enough it was a game/scam. Lesson learned!!

Last edited: