Canopy. Are they good to have or not?

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Received the Rhinohide top today. Less than two weeks since I placed the order. I am really happy with this top. It is made of the same plastic as trash can lids, it is like indestructible.

I like how it can be mounted in many different configurations, on rops tilted back, straight section ect. The way I have it on the machine, I have about 5" over my head. I can loosen the knobs and lower it 4" so it fits under my 76" shed door without removal.

Removing it for trailering is 30 seconds without tools, I will just toss it in the truck bed. Install took about 45 minutes, the hardware is well sized and substantial.

1 dumpster lid:

Reactions: 3 users

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
B737 your going to like thst top! I mounted mirrors on the lip up front so I can see those cars coming while up on the road!

Reactions: 1 user

Patent Guy

Premium Member

Equipment
LX 2610, LA 535, BH 77, SU R14 Tires, 1.5" Spacers, 2 remotes, LP 3rd Function.
Nov 14, 2020
East Tennessee
I wish to purchase the Artillian canopy by Curtis. Detaches easily for towing down the road and you can buy additional mounting brackets so you can use the canopy on multiple tractors, ZTR's, etc..

Southern Michigan summer sunshine gets mighty hot. Might help keep me mostly dry from those popup showers every now and then.
I have one of these with the integral fan system. Really great, high quality, and well-thought through product. Allows different fore and aft position of the canopy, removability, reversability for backhoe use, and can be tilted to further tune sun-blockage. It is aluminum, but light enough to be removed, well as long as your shoulders still work over your head.... The fan has 3 speeds and also can be tilted to account for different fore and aft seat positions. The fan makes a huge difference, very high velocity. The will-prepared U-Tube channel has a nice video on it. Would buy again.

Reactions: 1 user

Patent Guy

Premium Member

Equipment
LX 2610, LA 535, BH 77, SU R14 Tires, 1.5" Spacers, 2 remotes, LP 3rd Function.
Nov 14, 2020
East Tennessee
I just purchased a rhinohide canopy. I like how they can be installed lower on the rops, tool-less removal / install in seconds. They look like plastic garbage can lids and should hold up to the abuse of being tossed around easily.

I dont have a quarter inch of clearance with the rops folded halfway back to get under my door, so this was a solution that worked. Most of the others all attached a mount to the top of the rops, rather than the side.

If height is an issue, then the Artillian is not for you. It adds something like 4" to the ROPS and if you tilted the ROPS back without removing it, it would be sticking way up in the air. So not the best if you are continually lowering and raising the ROPS.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
A huge "fan" of the fan - lol.

Yesterday I was hogging in the woods (mostly shade) it was 95deg. I had the fan on right away and two hours in I was still not sweating and comfortable. I stopped to talk for a minute and turned the fan off. Getting back to work, it wasn't 5 minutes later and I was starting to sweat. Put the fan back on high and I was comfortable again a few minutes later. Yesterday was the first time I went through that transition and it really highlighted how effective a breeze can be.

rops-fan-5.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
A huge "fan" of the fan - lol.

Yesterday I was hogging in the woods (mostly shade) it was 95deg. I had the fan on right away and two hours in I was still not sweating and comfortable. I stopped to talk for a minute and turned the fan off. Getting back to work, it wasn't 5 minutes later and I was starting to sweat. Put the fan back on high and I was comfortable again a few minutes later. Yesterday was the first time I went through that transition and it really highlighted how effective a breeze can be.

View attachment 62810
Nice! That is a great installation.

Hot Rod

Equipment
Kubota B2620
Jul 31, 2021
NHSleddog, That is a super setup, rear view mirror and fan are a must here in Florida, i want to add lights to mine also.

I got mine from Kubota and it is worth every penny to keep me out of the sun and rain, but you have to be careful because you will be catching it on tree branches, house over hangs or most things you normally would not think of.
If I thought about it further I would have figured out something besides the Kubota one and slung it under the rops and made it a little narrower.