Can someone tell.me what this badge means?

mikeDunbar

Nov 29, 2019
US
We purchased a little B6000E for a great price and in doing a few small things to it I was wondering what the badge on the grill meant? Being new to these little tractors, I was hoping one of you guys could shed some light on it for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Gene Blister

Equipment
2019 Kubota B2601, FAL LA435, Snow Blower BX2822A, Land Pride rear blade RB1572
Aug 4, 2019
Cocolalla, Idaho
Nothing to do with the unit at all.
That's a bit dismissive, don't you think, Flip?

If it doesn't have anything to do with the unit, what does it deal with?
Why would it be attached? How do you know?

Do you read katakana? Hiragana? Kanji? Is it even Japanese, or maybe Pinyin? By all means share your wisdom.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
That's a bit dismissive, don't you think, Flip?

If it doesn't have anything to do with the unit, what does it deal with?
Why would it be attached? How do you know?

Do you read katakana? Hiragana? Kanji? Is it even Japanese, or maybe Pinyin? By all means share your wisdom.
To be more specific to make you whole...:rolleyes: Looks to me like an automotive badge someone put on there that has nothing to do with the unit at all.

Like putting a 'Moon Equipped' sticker in your window, you do remember Moon Equipment don't you?

Maybe my GOA sticker in my side window. Don't mean anything, just a statement.

The loose unconnected wires do look interesting though.

Not dismissive at all Gene.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Don't know, but here's a similar badge on another B model. (B6000, B5000?)
Looks like the same badge, but one of them is upside down.

I have no idea which one.

Sodark

Equipment
2018 B2650 HST ROPS, BH77 Backhoe
May 15, 2018
Pacific Northwest US
Looks like the same badge, but one of them is upside down.

I have no idea which one.
Good observation. I took a couple years of Japanese in high school, certainly looks like katikana, but I can't say much beyond that. On point with the orientation, though. Top (original) definitely appears (to me) to be upside down.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
We purchased a little B6000E for a great price and in doing a few small things to it I was wondering what the badge on the grill meant? Being new to these little tractors, I was hoping one of you guys could shed some light on it for me.

Hi,

Either your picture or the badge is upside down.

There are four KatAkana “. The last two represent ( sound out) TORA which means tiger. Remember the Pearl Harbor movie TORO TORA TORA?

The first two are pronounced Bu Ru in Japanese romage, which actually sounds like Boo Lou in English pronunciation. This probably translates best into Roaring.

So considering the badge is on a workhorse, “Roaring Tiger” is likely the most accurate translation.

Kinda want one for each of my tractors now :cool:

mikeDunbar

Nov 29, 2019
US
Hi,

Either your picture or the badge is upside down.

There are four KatAkana “. The last two represent ( sound out) TORA which means tiger. Remember the Pearl Harbor movie TORO TORA TORA?

The first two are pronounced Bu Ru in Japanese romage, which actually sounds like Boo Lou in English pronunciation. This probably translates best into Roaring.

So considering the badge is on a workhorse, “Roaring Tiger” is likely the most accurate translation.

Kinda want one for each of my tractors now :cool:
Thank you! The picture is right side up
.. so it appears the badge is inverted. And the translation is neat!
I appreciate the information!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Its essentially the same as on some models they put a buffalo on them!
It's like calling it a water buffalo or a workhorse. :D

Henro nailed it!

Last edited:

OrangeColoredTractor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2017 L2501 4WD HST
May 10, 2017
Washington
I can only guess. I know we are at least the 3rd owners......but I couldn't pass it up! For the money..... I know I didnt get hurt
Mike, if this is a gray market tractor (not destined for the US originally) find the US equivalent model and use that when getting parts. Kubota will treat you like a leper or COVID-19 positive and black ball you and not sell you any parts if they know you have a gray market tractor.

mikeDunbar

Nov 29, 2019
US
Mike, if this is a gray market tractor (not destined for the US originally) find the US equivalent model and use that when getting parts. Kubota will treat you like a leper or COVID-19 positive and black ball you and not sell you any parts if they know you have a gray market tractor.
This is good information to have! Our local kubota dealer is kind of hometown. As long as u can bring them the part number, they have no issue getting me what I need . Which, BTW, is how I came to own it! I bought it from a long time.family friend who is also our retired county attorney... trust me.. this means good people.
And he had bought a new bigger kubota with a bucket, etc. I stopped by one day and asked about the little tractor and if he had traded it in... he said no, it quit starting so he parked it in the shed.
Long story short here.... it sat about 6 months or so before I got it. "It quit starting because the switch is bad on it" was all I had.
He priced it to me at $100us. And it was hard to reach in my pocket in a slow measured manner. Also told me if I couldnt get it going.... he would give me my money back! How's that for a guarantee... and it was in writing!
Did I mention it came with a -6 kubota finish mower? A little rough but really serviceable!
The local.shop doesnt have a book on this model anymore. So he was out of luck waiting on them to find the part.
I got online.. found the kubotabooks site and found the part number. Also had a dealer online verify that number for me.
About $45 later I had the main power switch replaced (the off/on switch) and had charged the battery.
3rd attempt to start it hit. 5th attempt it ran like a top!
I am a walking example of how even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to.time!

JohnDB

Equipment
M4500DT
Jun 9, 2018
NZ
Thank goodness for Dave_eng's interpretation. Earlier I had googled "roaring tiger" and got an intriguing website www.roaringtiger.com, which clued into another poster's penchant for orange leather seats. Although with some imagination (not mine) blue tiger could have similar connotations. :D

mikeDunbar

Nov 29, 2019
US
Thanks, Dave! And everyone else too! I'm glad to have the mystery solved!