Cab heater

Bud605

Equipment
'09 L3540 HST
May 1, 2020
Volga SD
I noticed the other day that my cab (l3540) was not really getting very warm. Temps were still in 30's, so i wasnt cold, but heat was turned all the way up, with blower on high. I currently have a hand injury (degloved left hand) so cant really tear into it to give good inspection of what is going on. Just curious if there are known issues that the heaters are not the best, or something simple...

Thanks in advance!

PS can post photos of hand for you sick bastards that like to see... lol

Reactions: 1 user

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I noticed the other day that my cab (l3540) was not really getting very warm. Temps were still in 30's, so i wasnt cold, but heat was turned all the way up, with blower on high. I currently have a hand injury (degloved left hand) so cant really tear into it to give good inspection of what is going on. Just curious if there are known issues that the heaters are not the best, or something simple...

Thanks in advance!

Low coolant levels often make their presence known with poor heater performance.

Dave

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
Some have a valve to turn heat on for winter and off for summer unless you want to cook that hand. Hope you heal up. Soon that hurts like hell.

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Bad thermostat, as in opens too quickly or remains open.

Loose fan belt.

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
Check your "fresh air" / "recirc" outlet on the upper back inside the cab. If it's on "Fresh air" you'll be getting cold air in right on your neck!

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
If you have an air filter it might need changing. Look for mouse/critters nesting blocking air flow. If you have a valve in the cab it might not be working properly.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts

Thanks in advance!

I posted in another thread on heat in a cab that my L3560 cab had great AC in the Summer, but when I needed the heat in the Winter it wasn't there. I complained to the dealer and they checked it out and found there was a circulating hose that was crushed, apparently during assembly, and replaced the hoses and the heat will drive you out of the cab. Sometimes I have to open the side vent windows. Others have had the same problem.

Reactions: 1 user