BXpanded Instructions Needed

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Today I picked up a BXpanded ripper however, the instructions were missing. Might someone have a PDF copy of the installation instructions for the BX23S? Just not certain exactly what might be missing if anything. thanks Dusty

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I don't remember any instructions when I got mine. I think it was the ripper tooth only in it's box. If I remember right, the Quick Change came with an extra pin so you could have a pin in both your original bucket and the ripper tooth permanently in place.

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
It came with the quick hitch also, but I am not certain how it mounts to the backhoe arms. Might you have a picture of yours? Wondering if when you remove the factory bucket if you reuse the two pins, or do they need to be replaced with pins from BXpanded?
thanks

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
It came with the quick hitch also, but I am not certain how it mounts to the backhoe arms. Might you have a picture of yours? Wondering if when you remove the factory bucket if you reuse the two pins, or do they need to be replaced with pins from BXpanded?
thanks
Dusty, my backhoe is on it's cart and tucked deep into the storage shed so I couldn't get a good pic with the stuff piled close around it. However:

It gets mounted just like the pic on the BXpanded website shows. You use the original pins that came with your backhoe/bucket to mount the QA to your regular hoe mounting points. When it's installed like that....
the slotted end of the QA is below and towards the rear of the hoe (with the bucket extended as if dumping). It comes with two pins that can be left in place, one on your bucket and one on the ripper tooth, other bucket, etc. That same pin would slide into the slot on the QA and you swivel the bucket/tooth to line up the other holes and slide the removeable pin in place.

Easy peasy! I don't know if they've changed things yet, but I would lose that lynch pin on the removeable a couple of times. I went the same route as mentioned in the other thread....a bolt and nut in place of the lynch pin and no more worries of the main pin working out and bending things cuz of a lost lynch pin.

If you lay your QA on the floor with the slot underneath and towards the rear of the tractor....the top two ears get mounted to the boom and dipper respectively in that position.

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Thanks. If it is warm outside tomorrow I will attempt to install it. I find it strange that BXpanded doesn't have any installation videos on youtube. I did find a youtube video from ArtInMetal.com.au which made me wonder who copied whom since both the ArtInMetal looks identical to the BXpanded unit. The only difference that I saw was that one is painted silver and the other is Kubota orange. The BXpanded ripper has angular teeth and the ArtInMetal has semicircle-type teeth. I think that the BXpanded ripper will cut better, however, I have no way to know the quality of either at the present time.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Thanks. If it is warm outside tomorrow I will attempt to install it. I find it strange that BXpanded doesn't have any installation videos on youtube. I did find a youtube video from ArtInMetal.com.au which made me wonder who copied whom since both the ArtInMetal looks identical to the BXpanded unit. The only difference that I saw was that one is painted silver and the other is Kubota orange. The BXpanded ripper has angular teeth and the ArtInMetal has semicircle-type teeth. I think that the BXpanded ripper will cut better, however, I have no way to know the quality of either at the present time.
"If it is warm outside tomorrow".......
You kiddin?
It is mid March.... in New England.
I ain't goin anywhere near there until at least the end of next month!
Cold here..... forecast hi only 72 tomorrow!

I will be very interested to hear your report on the toothed ripper.
I like the tooth concept, but that ripper will not fit my machine.

Last edited: