BXPanded Great Customer Service

Mlarv

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 19, 2020
Crossville TN
I bought a few new toys (or tools) for my BX23. They arrived last Friday and I couldn't wait to install them. I bought the Ripper a 6 inch trencher bucket and a quick connect for the backhoe. When I installed the quick connect the pins didn't line up correctly. I tried to install my bucket it didn't work, next the ripper and the trencher bucket, none would fit. I sent photos to BXPanded on Saturday about the issue. I got a phone call first thing this morning from them. They asked if I tried to install the ripper or the trencher bucket. I stated I tried all three on my tail gate and that it didn't work. I live about 45 minutes from the factory and told them I could bring it to them to check it out. They said no don't worry about it we will send you a new quick connect, and you will get it tomorrow. He said he will personnel walk out and test it before they ship it. I just got a notice from them and UPS saying I will have the new one here before noon tomorrow. I asked if they want the old one back and he said to toss it. The website said 4 to 6 week wait. Mine was shipped in two weeks. If you are on the fence about these jump off and get them.
IMG_4487.JPG

Reactions: 3 users

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
I too, have had great service from them.

Small shop and they treat their customers as if their business depends on them. Novel concept these days.

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I bought a few new toys (or tools) for my BX23. They arrived last Friday and I couldn't wait to install them. I bought the Ripper a 6 inch trencher bucket and a quick connect for the backhoe. When I installed the quick connect the pins didn't line up correctly. I tried to install my bucket it didn't work, next the ripper and the trencher bucket, none would fit. I sent photos to BXPanded on Saturday about the issue. I got a phone call first thing this morning from them. They asked if I tried to install the ripper or the trencher bucket. I stated I tried all three on my tail gate and that it didn't work. I live about 45 minutes from the factory and told them I could bring it to them to check it out. They said no don't worry about it we will send you a new quick connect, and you will get it tomorrow. He said he will personnel walk out and test it before they ship it. I just got a notice from them and UPS saying I will have the new one here before noon tomorrow. I asked if they want the old one back and he said to toss it. The website said 4 to 6 week wait. Mine was shipped in two weeks. If you are on the fence about these jump off and get them. View attachment 86704
Sure hope you have VERY sandy soil with that 6" bucket.
Soil with any clay content will plug it with the first scoop!

Last edited:

minthral

Equipment
Kubota L47
Nov 22, 2021
NC
It think it's good stuff for a BX tractor, but IMO not required for L series. I did a review if you search you find out why. Mainly what stands out is the trench bucket is too narrow and get clogged with clay... IMO need 16+ inches for this to be not a problem (still a problem on 16, but you can shake it out... on 18 no problem at all). I like the ripper and plan to get similar on my newer tractor (from a different company).

I chatted with the shop foreman/manager and he was honest, direct, and answered all my questions. Customer service was great...something severely lacking in today's world. Early this year, it took 2 months to get most of the stuff, but the hitch receiver was longer, though it was placed later. I guess they must be catching up with demand.

Ton

Equipment
BX2380
Aug 26, 2022
MD
Recently got a Piranha tooth bar from them. Website said 3-4 week lead time which made me nervous, especially these days, since that can often mean a 3-4 MONTH lead time or worse. But I got a notice right around the 3 week point that it had shipped, and it was at my door a few days later. Very well made. Accurate lead time. Couldn't ask for much more.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Good to hear, @Mlarv . I'm pretty happy with them as well. Got the Piranha about a week earlier than expected. After mounting (and cursing like a sailor after skinning my thumb on it) I went to work! I went with them over the Wicked because of price. Was the Wicked really 30% better? Dunno, but for a wear item I wasn't going to find out. I swear it'll pay for itself in diesel as fast as it cuts through Virginia red clay!
Anyway, good to hear they took care of ya!

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
When I installed the quick connect the pins didn't line up correctly. I tried to install my bucket it didn't work, next the ripper and the trencher bucket, none would fit.
So they shipped you a product that didn't work, but luckily for you their facility is near you? What about all those folks that are thousands of miles away and don't have the luxury of having an employee come out to fix their obvious mistake? Seems like they should have verified their own products before shipping.

I understand that your praise is for the service that you received, but customer service is only part of the equation. A great company has well-designed products that work as advertised and good customer service.

Mlarv

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 19, 2020
Crossville TN
So they shipped you a product that didn't work, but luckily for you their facility is near you? What about all those folks that are thousands of miles away and don't have the luxury of having an employee come out to fix their obvious mistake? Seems like they should have verified their own products before shipping.

I understand that your praise is for the service that you received, but customer service is only part of the equation. A great company has well-designed products that work as advertised and good customer service.
In the real world sometimes things go wrong. Yes they are close to me, but that didn't matter. They over nighted me a new one. I bet even if you are a few thousand miles away they would send one out as fast as they could get it to you.

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
I ordered one of the quick connects for my Bh77 on Aug 27. After reading this thread I am down a little on confidence I made the right decision. Hope I am wrong and they send a good one. I looked around to see if anyone else was making one. Then to see the you tuber that had one break, I thing he is DIY and has a kubota.
I would think they would have fixtures by now and boring the holes once assembled So these things wouldn't happen

I guess I should have tried to make one myself.
Again hope I come out OK.

Bill

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Apparently, their quality control doesn't have any quality to it.
Yep! They simply fixed a problem that they created. I'm more impressed when a company fixes a problem that they didn't create. For example, when the shipping company damaged the flail mower I purchased, the seller gave me a 15% discount, and sent me a replacement part at no cost to me.

Mlarv

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 19, 2020
Crossville TN
I ordered one of the quick connects for my Bh77 on Aug 27. After reading this thread I am down a little on confidence I made the right decision. Hope I am wrong and they send a good one. I looked around to see if anyone else was making one. Then to see the you tuber that had one break, I thing he is DIY and has a kubota.

I guess I should have tried to make one myself.
Again hope I come out OK.

Bill
Relax they will make it right if there is something wrong. I have the new one installed and glad I do. I also have the ripper and a trench bucket along with a three year old tooth bar.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Relax they will make it right if there is something wrong. I have the new one installed and glad I do. I also have the ripper and a trench bucket along with a three year old tooth bar.
The problem comes at a most inopportune time when you are working the machine and the one part that holds the backhoe bucket fails, and you have to wait for a replacement that might take between 2 and 10 days to receive depending on when it happens and how far away you are from the manufacturer. To me, that is not an acceptable situation. I also have seen the video of the broken quick connect for the backhoe bucket. Personally, I rather pay more for a better grade of steel and never have to worry about a failure that has a less expensive price than I run the risk of failure.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Yep! They simply fixed a problem that they created. I'm more impressed when a company fixes a problem that they didn't create. For example, when the shipping company damaged the flail mower I purchased, the seller gave me a 15% discount, and sent me a replacement part at no cost to me.
So you would rather that they didn’t fix the problem that they made? Sounds like it with the way that you are bashing them for promptly taking care of the problem.

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
The problem comes at a most inopportune time when you are working the machine and the one part that holds the backhoe bucket fails, and you have to wait for a replacement that might take between 2 and 10 days to receive depending on when it happens and how far away you are from the manufacturer. To me, that is not an acceptable situation. I also have seen the video of the broken quick connect for the backhoe bucket. Personally, I rather pay more for a better grade of steel and never have to worry about a failure that has a less expensive price than I run the risk of failure.
I think what I have seen since I ordered and reading is their problems date back several years. When reading here I have to wonder if they got all the bugs out yet. Hoping there is better steel and assembly is only going to go so far. I feel the need for this item as I am 69 and some arthritis thought it would be the solution to changing the bucket with the thumb on which I made hydraulic so some of it is my doing in complicating bucket change but this is offered as the perfect accessory.
I was OK until the OP showed us his experience that the finished product was delivered in that state.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I’m glad that they provide good service. I don’t have any of their products. I have found that most ma/pop kind of shops have pretty good service.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
So you would rather that they didn’t fix the problem that they made? Sounds like it with the way that you are bashing them for promptly taking care of the problem.
No, they should fix the problem as they did. But the OP is praising a company for their CS and basically telling folks to "get off the fence" and buy from this great company that didn't bother to QC their own products. For some of us, an issue with a product that's supposed to work but doesn't might be a much bigger deal. We don't all have the luxury of waiting around for parts to show up.

Recently I ordered some fairly high-end equipment from a company on the east coast. They asked me to review the products that I'd bought as they do for all of their customers. I left a rather scathing review for one of the items that I received that cost close to $1k. I chose the item based on what I'd seen on YouTube and similar but wasn't happy with it. The review was fair and I stand by it, and at that point I assumed that I'd have to live with my choice and that was that.

12 hours after I submitted the review, a woman from their CS department sent me an email stating that she'd read the review and apologized for the fact that I wasn't happy with the item. She told me that I could choose a different item and it would be a straight swap for anything of the same or similar value. I was amazed and informed her that it was now used, and that I'd thrown away some of the packaging. Her response was "no problem, we'll take care of it". So I ordered a different model of similar price that is excellent (I left a great review) and once they received the other model from me they issued a full refund to my credit card.

To me this is the epitome of incredible customer service. They didn't cause the problem, I didn't ask them to help me, but they chose to reach out to me and work with me to have a customer for life.

As for BXPanded, they get points for not denying the problem or blaming the customer, and for making it right, but they lose points for poor QC.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Ton

Equipment
BX2380
Aug 26, 2022
MD
Sheesh. The OP started a thread about how they were happy with a customer service experience, and some folks just want to drone on about how they’ve had even better customer service from other companies. Almost like a supreme one-upper. Give it a rest.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
No, they should fix the problem as they did. But the OP is praising a company for their CS and basically telling folks to "get off the fence" and buy from this great company that didn't bother to QC their own products. For some of us, an issue with a product that's supposed to work but doesn't might be a much bigger deal. We don't all have the luxury of waiting around for parts to show up.

Recently I ordered some fairly high-end equipment from a company on the east coast. They asked me to review the products that I'd bought as they do for all of their customers. I left a rather scathing review for one of the items that I received that cost close to $1k. I chose the item based on what I'd seen on YouTube and similar but wasn't happy with it. The review was fair and I stand by it, and at that point I assumed that I'd have to live with my choice and that was that.

12 hours after I submitted the review, a woman from their CS department sent me an email stating that she'd read the review and apologized for the fact that I wasn't happy with the item. She told me that I could choose a different item and it would be a straight swap for anything of the same or similar value. I was amazed and informed her that it was now used, and that I'd thrown away some of the packaging. Her response was "no problem, we'll take care of it". So I ordered a different model of similar price that is excellent (I left a great review) and once they received the other model from me they issued a full refund to my credit card.

To me this is the epitome of incredible customer service. They didn't cause the problem, I didn't ask them to help me, but they chose to reach out to me and work with me to have a customer for life.

As for BXPanded, they get points for not denying the problem or blaming the customer, and for making it right, but they lose points for poor QC.
…and yet…you haven’t Named the Company you Love...but are willing to bash one someone else admires…?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
…and yet…you haven’t Named the Company you Love...but are willing to bash one someone else admires…?
I'm not bashing BXPanded. I'm simply stating my opinion that fixing a problem that they created is not my idea of great customer service. You and everyone else is free to pile accolades upon the company if you like, but know that you're lowering the bar which is already fairly low.

The two companies who went above and beyond to correct problems that they didn't create are Good Works Tractor Co. and Whole Latte Love.