BX2822A 55" Commercial Snow Blower - DO NOT purchase BX2821A hydraulic deflector kit if you have a third function. Do this instead . . .

davidmem

Equipment
Soon to be owner of Kubota B2601 Toro TimeCutter Model 7577
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
So I want to hydraulically articulate the chute deflector on my BX2822A 55" commercial snow blower with my B2601 tractor TRUE THIRD function.

I can't see paying $1100 for the hydraulic chute deflector kit BX2821A when all I need are the parts highlighted in red. If you purchase the kit, you are purchasing parts that you really don't need if you have a third function. You will be paying for a diverter, electrical harness, etc, all you don't need, and WORST YET another switch up on the joystick in addition to the 3rd function. YUCK!!!!

The dealership confirmed that the hydraulic chute deflector kit for the snow blower includes extra items you do not need if you have a third function on the tractor. It includes electrical connections and a diverter system that are unnecessary.

The dealer priced the actuator only and the mounting hardware at $560, which would save me $500 over the full hydraulic deflector kit.

In the picture below, the person paid for the diverter on the blower and the dealer came out and hooked the deflector directly to their tractor third function.

Borrowed picture from someone kind enough to show me the clean setup.

STILL WORKING THIS ISSUE TO GET THINGS HOW I WANT THEM. THIS SETUP IS PERFECT!!!! CLEAN AND ONLY ONE BUTTON ON THE JOYSTICK.

IMG_8590 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:

ltpeto164

Equipment
Kubota B2601, turf tires, 60" Grapple, 55" snowblower, LP Land Planner, MMM
Dec 9, 2020
Northern Wis.
If you are installing a TRUE 3RD Function VALVE on your B2601, you will already be getting the buttons/switch on your joystick (I attached a pic I found how mine looks. That pic shows the upper left side of joystick, very neat and clean setup) you will not be getting unneeded extra parts when ordering the hydraulic chute deflector. The picture you have shows pretty much what you get. For the $1048, you get the hydraulic hoses that connect to the 3rd function valve, the hydraulic ram, and the connecting hardware that connects to the chute deflector. I also found a pic of what the snowblower looks like with no hydraulic chute deflector, so you can compare parts. That still is expensive you what you get. If you are getting the 3rd function valve, you could probably fabricate the connecting hardware, buy a ram and hoses and save a couple hundred bucks.
I don't know what diverter and other switch you are talking about with the hydraulic chute kit. If you are not getting the 3rd function valve, then you would probably need a diverter and a switch to control the chute, but not both. Hope this helps.

2020-6 (52).jpg
BX2822a.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

werfitter40

Equipment
B2601-1, LA435 Loader, 3rd Function, BX2822A Snowblower, QH, RB, BB, LR.
Apr 30, 2019
US
The kit from Kubota is grossly overpriced! I fabricated the chute bracket from 1/4" steel plate. The hydraulic cylinder, hoses and other items, I sourced from Surplus Center. All in, less than $260.

Reactions: 2 users

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
If you are installing a TRUE 3RD Function VALVE on your B2601, you will already be getting the buttons/switch on your joystick (I attached a pic I found how mine looks. That pic shows the upper left side of joystick, very neat and clean setup) you will not be getting unneeded extra parts when ordering the hydraulic chute deflector. The picture you have shows pretty much what you get. For the $1048, you get the hydraulic hoses that connect to the 3rd function valve, the hydraulic ram, and the connecting hardware that connects to the chute deflector. I also found a pic of what the snowblower looks like with no hydraulic chute deflector, so you can compare parts. That still is expensive you what you get. If you are getting the 3rd function valve, you could probably fabricate the connecting hardware, buy a ram and hoses and save a couple hundred bucks.
I don't know what diverter and other switch you are talking about with the hydraulic chute kit. If you are not getting the 3rd function valve, then you would probably need a diverter and a switch to control the chute, but not both. Hope this helps.

View attachment 56801 View attachment 56802
I contacted the dealer today and they went and opened up the hydraulic kit in stock. Indeed it has parts you do not need if you have a true third function on your tractor already. It has a diverter and electrical wires for a switch on the joystick, adding another switch to the joystick. The dealer sent me pictures from the manual and the like. I promise you my dealer wanted to learn about this as well and he said yes you are purchasing parts you do not need. If you just buy the actuation piece because you have a third function the parts are about $560 saving you $500 over the full kit.

Last edited:

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
The kit from Kubota is grossly overpriced! I fabricated the chute bracket from 1/4" steel plate. The hydraulic cylinder, hoses and other items, I sourced from Surplus Center. All in, less than $260.
Agreed, and this is partly because it includes many parts you do not need if you have a third function on your tractor.

ltpeto164

Equipment
Dec 9, 2020
Northern Wis.
Ok, now I understand more. I never saw the whole hydraulic chute kit. Dealer asked if I wanted it and I said yes without really looking into it. I always did think it was pretty expensive for what I saw on the unit. But I needed/wanted the 3rd function valve installed and so I included the fancy chute. So I probably spent a little too much, but I am still very happy I got it! Now that your getting the 3rd function valve, might want to consider a 4 in 1 bucket? Not a true grapple but some of the same features, maybe a nice option for what you need. LOL, glad we got this figured out. Good Luck with the Kubota, you'll love it!!

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
... Now that your getting the 3rd function valve, might want to consider a 4 in 1 bucket? Not a true grapple but some of the same features, maybe a nice option for what you need. LOL, glad we got this figured out. Good Luck with the Kubota, you'll love it!!

Thank you!!! I'm VERY excited. Recovering from a back injury and just can't lift as much and need to be smarter.

Okay, so WHAT is a 4 in 1 bucket? Let's see how much this answer is going to cost me :)

David

ltpeto164

Equipment
Dec 9, 2020
Northern Wis.
Thank you!!! I'm VERY excited. Recovering from a back injury and just can't lift as much and need to be smarter.

Okay, so WHAT is a 4 in 1 bucket? Let's see how much this answer is going to cost me :)

David
LOL, it probably is a little more money but I don't think you would need the original bucket then. Here is the link to the Land Pride info page. Might save you some back work. https://www.landpride.com/products/6117/cb10-series-combination-bucket
or you can search Land Pride 4 in 1 combination buckets, I would go with the CB10 series. There are other brands out there but I would make sure the inside part that opens, is somewhat serrated, better for grabbing. Have fun looking!

jkrez

Equipment
Gr2120, LX3310, bh77 hoe, 64 inch commercial snow blower, landpride pallet forks
Apr 16, 2021
Berks County PA
So I am not understanding why this as my dealer tells me can't be run off of the 3rd function switch on the joystick without adding yet another switch to the joystick. Here is his reply after questioning this and sending a screenshot of GP outdoors video. What does diverting the hydraulics mean? GP outdoors hooked it directly to the 3rd function block

Joe-

That is the same blower. Your chute deflection will look and operate the same way, There is only one kit.

It has a hydraulic cylinder, but you are diverting the hydraulics. Works off the joystick.

• Wow

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
So I am not understanding why this as my dealer tells me can't be run off of the 3rd function switch on the joystick without adding yet another switch to the joystick. Here is his reply after questioning this and sending a screenshot of GP outdoors video. What does diverting the hydraulics mean? GP outdoors hooked it directly to the 3rd function block

Joe-

That is the same blower. Your chute deflection will look and operate the same way, There is only one kit.

It has a hydraulic cylinder, but you are diverting the hydraulics. Works off the joystick.
It can be run off the third function and that is how my dealer is configuring my B2601 with the BX2822A blower. My dealer looked at the parts list for the $1100 deflector kit and only ordered the parts needed. You DO NOT need the included diverter that mounts to the snow blower if you have a third function. If you want, I can provide that parts list.

jkrez

Equipment
Gr2120, LX3310, bh77 hoe, 64 inch commercial snow blower, landpride pallet forks
Apr 16, 2021
Berks County PA
It can be run off the third function and that is how my dealer is configuring my B2601 with the BX2822A blower. My dealer looked at the parts list for the $1100 deflector kit and only ordered the parts needed. You DO NOT need the included diverter that mounts to the snow blower if you have a third function. If you want, I can provide that parts list.
If you have the list that would be great. Did you buy the 64 inch commercial snowblower?
It just blows my mind that the dealer can’t understand what I want.
I would even pay for longer hoses.

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
If you have the list that would be great. Did you buy the 64 inch commercial snowblower?
It just blows my mind that the dealer can’t understand what I want.
I would even pay for longer hoses.
I ordered the 55" commercial snowblower for my B2601.

I've added (photos courtesy of someone on this forum):

1) Photo with chute deflector kit installed on the blower (NOTE THE DIVERTER HIGHLIGHTED IN BLUE THAT IS NOT REQUIRED IF YOU HAVE A THIRD FUNCTION. This kit costs about $1100.
2) Photo after a dealership REMOVED the unnecessary diverter and switches and connected the chute deflector directly to the third function.
3) The exploded parts diagram where the dealer worked with me to order just the parts I needed from the chute deflector kit.
4) The priced up price list from item #3, included needed hydraulic lines to third function. Saved me about $500.

To convince my dealership I did not need all the parts in the chute deflector kit, they opened one up in stock and they said "hey, you are correct".

BX2822a_parts_you_dont_need.jpg IMG_8589.JPG

Attachments

jkrez

Equipment
Apr 16, 2021
Berks County PA
I did go to Dealer this morning and asked if the kit was in. He said already installed on the blower. Told him take it off and paint the holes so they don’t rust. Block was in same location as your picture.
I said can you get just the ram and this bracket and make longer hoses to reach the 3rd function block. He said he thinks so.. OMG, Why could he not understand that is all I want.
I would still like to hear the good and the bad of this blower.

Thank you for verification of what I thought was the best way to do it.

Joe

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
I did go to Dealer this morning and asked if the kit was in. He said already installed on the blower. Told him take it off and paint the holes so they don’t rust. Block was in same location as your picture.
I said can you get just the ram and this bracket and make longer hoses to reach the 3rd function block. He said he thinks so.. OMG, Why could he not understand that is all I want.
I would still like to hear the good and the bad of this blower.

Thank you for verification of what I thought was the best way to do it.

Joe
I would not give up, and got help here, to understand what was driving the $1100 price for a chute deflector. I think you are going to be away happier.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
What drives this is that the Kubota dealers don't know anything more than what they find in the sales literature, and the parts and accessories book. You were able to figure this out, where there was no advantage for the dealer to do the research and come to the same conclusion that you had come to.

Reactions: 2 users

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
What drives this is that the Kubota dealers don't know anything more than what they find in the sales literature, and the parts and accessories book. You were able to figure this out, where there was no advantage for the dealer to do the research and come to the same conclusion that you had come to.
Thank you. The forum really helped and one member who I forget sent me pictures. I'll give my dealership this they listen to me, went on the journey with me and ended up ordering just the parts needed.

Reactions: 1 users

BadAndy

Equipment
BX23s TLB-BX2822A Snow blower-LP BB-HLA Forks-Craftsman YT4000 Lawn Tractor
Mar 30, 2021
Canada
I ordered the 55" commercial snowblower for my B2601.

I've added (photos courtesy of someone on this forum):

1) Photo with chute deflector kit installed on the blower (NOTE THE DIVERTER HIGHLIGHTED IN BLUE THAT IS NOT REQUIRED IF YOU HAVE A THIRD FUNCTION. This kit costs about $1100.
2) Photo after a dealership REMOVED the unnecessary diverter and switches and connected the chute deflector directly to the third function.
3) The exploded parts diagram where the dealer worked with me to order just the parts I needed from the chute deflector kit.
4) The priced up price list from item #3, included needed hydraulic lines to third function. Saved me about $500.

To convince my dealership I did not need all the parts in the chute deflector kit, they opened one up in stock and they said "hey, you are correct".

View attachment 60179 View attachment 60181
Thanks for this info David... I think I will be doing that for my BX23s

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
BA, instead of the part time 3rd function , look into the full time dual rear remote kit ( it fills that empty slot,on the right fender). yes, hose will need to be longer, but give you better control...
might be cheaper too !

BadAndy

Equipment
BX23s TLB-BX2822A Snow blower-LP BB-HLA Forks-Craftsman YT4000 Lawn Tractor
Mar 30, 2021
Canada
BA, instead of the part time 3rd function , look into the full time dual rear remote kit ( it fills that empty slot,on the right fender). yes, hose will need to be longer, but give you better control...
might be cheaper too !
I actually got the Land Pride true 3rd function kit. I may look into rear remote as well once I get some hours on the tractor and get a feel for what I need/want.