Bx25d ??

toco1000

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Jul 30, 2013
coshocton, OH US
I'm new to the tractor world so please bear with me.

I just purchased a 2013 Kubota BX25D. I didn't know there was a difference between the BX25 and the BX25D until I already got mine. On the FEL my sticker says BX25 and I never gave it a thought, until I was on kubotas website looking for the specs and there was a "d" model. On my tag on the frame it says BX25D but doesn't have any of the new changes that Kubota says the D has. Am I not seeing this right or did I get screwed??

I purchased the tractor with 13hrs on it and paid $15,500 and it came with a nice heavy duty dual axle trailer also.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA

I just purchased a 2013 Kubota BX25D. I didn't know there was a difference between the BX25 and the BX25D until I already got mine. On the FEL my sticker says BX25 and I never gave it a thought, until I was on kubotas website looking for the specs and there was a "d" model. On my tag on the frame it says BX25D but doesn't have any of the new changes that Kubota says the D has. Am I not seeing this right or did I get screwed??

I purchased the tractor with 13hrs on it and paid $15,500 and it came with a nice heavy duty dual axle trailer also.
Screwed? O hell no.......I bought my BX-25D with 10% off list and 60 MMM , for a tad less than 20 K , so the way I see it - you stole the Kubota and got the trailer for free ! :D

I just bought a BX-25D not 2 weeks ago, here is the skinny on what is different 'bout the 25 vs 25D

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/268667-bx25-vs-bx25d-fel.html

One thing that other have NOT mentioned that is not a real big deal but, the D had added ARMRESTS on the seat.......

Someone needs to chime in on this, did the 25 have LCD display on the dash? The D has LCD DiSPLAY for gas and temp.

HTH

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.

First of all welcome to the site. Sounds like you got a 2012 or older BX25 and not a 2013 BX25D.
The D for 2013 has new seat (armrests come with all the seats on the D model), bracket on the backhoe for the optional thumb, new dash, optional QC bucket, new lighting, higher steering wheel and if you have a 2013 it will have the BX25D sticker on the FEL arms. The 2013 BX25D also has a cushion system built into the backhoes hydraulics to make operating the BH more comfortable.
That being said you got a good deal on your tractor if its a 2012 but its not a 2013. It's a 2012 or older :(

Last edited:

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
Sounds like you may have a 2012 1/2 model, new tractor with left over FEL, which is the same. Like Wildfire said, the backhoe is a newer design for 2013 depending on which one you got. Pretty good price too even without the trailer! I wouldnt sweat it.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
Or maybe you just have the new frame, after re-reading it. Still a new tractor with only 13 hours. I have 65 on mine already this year.

Wildfire

Equipment
It's my understanding that the pre 2013 BX25's had the "BX25D" name tag on the frame and its still that way on the 2013's.

There was more changes in the BX25 in 2013 than ever before in the years the BX25 TLB has been produced. The seat on the new 2013 D alone would cost close to $1000. just to upgrade and its a very nice seat. It's so nice in fact I wouldn't even consider modding it or changing it out :rolleyes:

If the original poster on this thread don't have the upgrades he don't have a 2013 BX25D. The FEL, tractor and back hoe has upgrades from the older 2012 models.
That being said, It really shouldn't matter unless he wanted the upgrades but the dealer really should have pointed out the differences to him so he could make his own mind on which year he really wanted.

Last edited:

Wildfire

Equipment
Sounds like you may have a 2012 1/2 model, new tractor with left over FEL, which is the same. Like Wildfire said, the backhoe is a newer design for 2013 depending on which one you got. Pretty good price too even without the trailer! I wouldnt sweat it.
I very much doubt that. He got a 2012 or older. The BX25D has a very different dash, it has a new steering wheel, new seat and lighting plus the differences on the backhoe. The newer D model is a very different machine over the 2012's and earlier.