Wooster, Ohio
Some one asked the question , how long to install doors , so here you go:

Last edited:

forceten

Equipment
BX 25d, Grand L6060, Kx040, GL7500, ZD1211 With cab
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
I was about to do the curtis cab install myself. Looks not too hard to put together.

But dealer would only take off $300 if they sold me the cab compared to them installing it. For $300 I am letting them do it.

Once i see it with the doors and back off I will see if I will keep the cab on all year round - or take it off in the spring and put it bac k in the fall.

t33jetman

Equipment
BX25D, TLB, 1860 bal. bucket, Curtis Hard Cab
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
I was about to do the curtis cab install myself. Looks not too hard to put together.

But dealer would only take off $300 if they sold me the cab compared to them installing it. For $300 I am letting them do it.

Once i see it with the doors and back off I will see if I will keep the cab on all year round - or take it off in the spring and put it bac k in the fall.
My dealer wanted to charge me $700, so I did it myself and used the money to purchase all my add on lights.

t33jetman

Equipment
BX25D, TLB, 1860 bal. bucket, Curtis Hard Cab
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
Someone sent me a PM, on how do you use the backhoe with the cab on?

Here is the picture that sold the tractor for me. The back wall comes off and the roof tilts up for head room. We all know that the seat rotates backward for backhoe use.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Someone sent me a PM, on how do you use the backhoe with the cab on?

Here is the picture that sold the tractor for me. The back wall comes off and the roof tilts up for head room. We all know that the seat rotates backward for backhoe use.

Just came across this thread, and when I the tractor cab roof lift up, I immediately knew where they got that idea from. When I was discussing a cab for my BX22 with them, I sent them a picture of how someone on TBN had modified the cab for a BX2200 to fit onto a BX22, by raising the roof in the rear. They told me at the time, that to have the roof panel raise up, would effect the structural safety of the cab, and they would advise against it. I bought the BX2200 cab anyway, and since I am not that tall, the roof isn't a problem for me.

Last edited:

mike paulson

Jan 11, 2012
ulster, NY

Not really designed for easy on and off