bx25D seat height

firemailwv

Feb 23, 2014
Sissonville, wv
I'm not picking up my BX25D until this coming Saturday so I can't do this myself... I am curious if anyone can tell me how high from the ground is the seat?

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
aaaaahh . . . . all that deep snow explains why other things are so short:p:D:D

uglyboy

Equipment
TG1860G
Mar 8, 2013
St. George, Ontario
well, I just got out my tape measure checking to see how high off the floor my bellybutton is, when my wife walked by...
you can imagine the comment ! :eek:

Pete

it was 41", BTW.

firemailwv

Feb 23, 2014
Sissonville, wv
well that was very entertaining! you guys had me chuckling....

I am going to be mowing with the BX and I'm a little anxious about how it will mow on my hill. I currently mow with a Gravely rider and it does very well on the hill. One of the benefits of the Gravely is the low center of gravity. I was just curious how much higher the BX seat will be than the Gravely.

I mow across the hill; I do not go up and down and would like to continue that method.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
NEVER mow sideways, you're risking flipping over. Yes the Gravely zero turn is better designed to handles slopes but up and down is the safer bet.

SteveF

Equipment
BX25
May 15, 2013
Huntingdon, PA
Do you mow with the gravely side to side because it has difficulty getting traction up the slope? I've seen several different brands for example Exmark, Dixon, JD that have trouble getting a grip on a minor slope.

I can say it doesn't take much of a slope to feel like you're going to flip over on the BX. Ya kinda lean to the other side.

firemailwv

Feb 23, 2014
Sissonville, wv
NEVER mow sideways, you're risking flipping over. Yes the Gravely zero turn is better designed to handles slopes but up and down is the safer bet.
My Gravely is not a zero turn. It is a 4 wheel tractor with the engine in the back. District 3-20140228-00300.jpg

I mow that way because of the lay of the land. I have never actually counted, but lets just say it takes 20 long passes back and forth and it would take 150 passes up and down. My hill is much wider than it is tall.

If that is how I have to do it with the Kubota, than obviously, that is how I will do it. But I don't want to...

SteveF

Equipment
BX25
May 15, 2013
Huntingdon, PA
Just curious, do you use the chains while mowing? (I do with my Cub but that is because I have a lot swampy area to bog thru).

Not knowing how steep your slope is, you may have to just try the BX and see if you feel safe.

I can imagine that it would be a PIA to make 300 turns on a tractor.

firemailwv

Feb 23, 2014
Sissonville, wv
and for the record, the seat on the Gravely is 36 inches from the ground. And the width is 44 inches. The major benefit of the machine is that you are sitting on top of the motor in the rear of the tractor.

Everyone that I have discussed this with assures me that the Kubota is very stable.

I'm considering wheel spacers - any thoughts?

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
I don't use our BX for mowing. We have the ZTR for that but if I were going to use the tractor for mowing I'd go with the wheel spacers. I put them on the BX25-D and like the added stability when using it for other things.

firemailwv

Feb 23, 2014
Sissonville, wv
so, Wildfire, did you make the spacers? Normally I wouldn't ask, but I have seen your work:D If you didn't make them, where did you buy them? Those look nice.