BX25D 3" rear wheel spacers

Little Orange

Equipment
Kubota BX25D TLB, hitch frame, FEL forks, 3pt steel ballast and back blade
Dec 8, 2013
Comox Valley, BC Canada
Added a set of 3” rear wheel spacers to the BX25D today. First picture shows the original hub, second picture the new spacer. Note you will need both ¾” and 13/16” sockets for existing and new bolts.
Do torque and check properly as it is high grade aluminium to steel.
Next picture the install and the next picture is before showing tires and bucket all lining up, the last picture the new rear tire spacing.

Well, first up, you sure feel the difference right away to the increase stability. Second I could feel the change to the “tires” as I seem to feel each lug on the R4 tires (where as before it was not noticeable).

Question, has anyone else added 3” spacers to the BX and if so what was your experience?

And second question for the orange experts, am I compromising the drive machinery with these wide spacers? (i.e. Over torqueing the rear axle or gears), with the possibility of future damage and heavy repairs.

For owners mowing slopes with a tow behind 3” maybe the way to go.
For using the tractor in heavy forest and rock climbing maybe stick to the 2” hubs.

See the skid plate pictures for the clearances to the rear tires. Lots of room for chains, etc.

Thanks for the previous posting on this subject and thanks for any replies to my questions.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Tractors are designed to have the rear wheels out there a ways, I don't think your pushing it too hard or far. ;)

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
I added the 2", that was max for the 60" mmm. Tires just clear the anti-scalp wheels of the deck. I don't remember if you can add spacers for a 54" mmm.

Per instructions check your lug nuts after 10-20 hours? Mine were a little loose. But 50 hours later still tight. I can tell a difference and like them.

Little Orange

Equipment
Dec 8, 2013
Comox Valley, BC Canada
Yes, thank-you for the posts, did check the wheel nuts after only 4 hours of excavating and loading and couple of nuts needed retorqueing to 90 ft lbs.
Will check again after a few more hours. As with any new installation things need to "seat" in a little in this case new nuts, steel with paint and the new hubs. The tire lug feel seems to have lessen. So things are looking good.

And yes, the tractor respones "much better" in the sand/gravel/rock excavation I am doing. Mama happy, clean shorts for the laundry hamper!!lol

Bro-Tek web site is being rebuilt at the moment will be fun to see his new look.

Top notch products, fast delivery and everything they are suppose to be.:eek:

BXPete

Equipment
BX1860, 4' Rotary Slasher, 4' Box Scraper
Jan 5, 2015
Tasmania, Australia
A timely post. I've just received a set of 3" spacers for my BX1860. Richard at BroTek is a pleasure to deal with and delivery to Australia was reasonably quick too.

More to come following the installation which will be in a couple of weeks.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
The wheel spacers make a huge difference. I only went 2" but the stability factor is phenominal.

Little Orange

Equipment
Dec 8, 2013
Comox Valley, BC Canada
I have bumped this tread as there seems to be a lot of members asking about wheel spacers. the 3" have been excellent for the last couple of years with no issues and a very stable ride.

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
Any warranty concerns with wheel spacers?

How does Kubota feel about them?

Bro-Teks looks like top quality stuff

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
I have been tossing around the idea of adding 2" spacers to the rear of my BX23S but keep talking myself out of it due to the fact that my yard is extremely flat.

The only pucker point that I have is in front of the utility pole by the road (see pic below). And I've managed to deal with that for the past year and a half.

Additionally, my yard does have some bumpiness to it but it's not terrible. With a few exceptions that I hope to fix in due time.

So, would it still be worthwhile to add the spacers?
land.jpg

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Personally I would still do it - not having them is fine from the factory, but you WILL find that even on flat ground the difference is there. ANY FEL work, you'll understand quickly why they are worth the money, plus you and the FEL will be closer to the same width while adding that much stability.

jmf78

Equipment
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Personally I would still do it - not having them is fine from the factory, but you WILL find that even on flat ground the difference is there. ANY FEL work, you'll understand quickly why they are worth the money, plus you and the FEL will be closer to the same width while adding that much stability.
Ok. I'm sold. Especially due to your mention of FEL work as there were a few instances where I about filled my shorts. Thanks 85Hokie!

Little Orange

Equipment
Dec 8, 2013
Comox Valley, BC Canada
yes even with my level property the spacers are worth it, like when driving up a pile of dirt to dump the FEL it makes all the difference having those back wheels spaced out and stable.

jmf78

Equipment
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Just placed my order for the 2" rear spacers (60" MMM) along with the rear skid plate.
Any idea on the lead time for these items?

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Another plus with wheel spacers, it makes it easy to install chains if you ever need them too.

Swampcreek

Equipment
2013 BX25 TLB Piranha Tooth Bar, BXpanded Body Armor
Jan 31, 2017
Maryland
I just ordered 3" for the rear and leaving the front stock. I am a little concerned about bearing/axle issues with the rear since I really work the tractor hard with woods work and stumps but I only read of 1 person with problems and that was on the front wheels.

Swampcreek

Equipment
Jan 31, 2017
Maryland
Meh, at the last minute I changed to getting 2" spacers, I'm in some pretty tight quarters and who knows, I might run into a deal on a used 60" MMM.

Swampcreek

Equipment
Jan 31, 2017
Maryland
They just arrived today! Time to go out to the garage and slap them puppies on!

jmf78

Equipment
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
I have my rear spacers on and the instructions say to check the torque on the nuts and bolts after first use. Does this mean to take the wheels back off, check the nuts/bolts on the spacer then mount the wheel and torque those back down or just to check the wheels. I'm assuming it's both but that means the wheels would never would have to come off every 3 months.

OffGridiot

Equipment
BX25, Landpride Grapple, Farm King rear blade
Jul 18, 2014
Texada Island, B. C. Canada
I have my rear spacers on and the instructions say to check the torque on the nuts and bolts after first use. Does this mean to take the wheels back off, check the nuts/bolts on the spacer then mount the wheel and torque those back down or just to check the wheels. I'm assuming it's both but that means the wheels would never would have to come off every 3 months.
If the wheel has to be taken off to get at the bolts for the spacers, do that. Re-toque the spacers (without removing them first), then reinstall the wheels with correct torque. After another use of the machine (a couple of hours worth), re-torque the wheels onto the spacers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk