BX23X.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
try disconnect/reconnect the loader hydraulic lines.

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Got a backhoe on it?

Dan
BX23S backhoe is standard equipment.

I guess that a coupling has come unhooked. Disconnect all couplings and reconnect them. The front ones are ganged together, so that is where I would start. Then go to the rear where the hoses connect to the backhoe and check those couplers. Also, check the three-point hitch lever to see if it is stuck in the up or down position. If you move enough levers, you are bound to find that it works, and you will have no idea what you have done to resolve the problem. I have been there and done that and was happy with the results in the end.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I would do exactly what Dusty said - for all that to quit like that - something is unhooked.

Now lets be more specific - loader does not go up, does everything else works as it should ?

Backhoe move in all directions ? Bucket curl?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thanks for replying. The machine is about 200 miles away but I will try your suggestions when I go up there probably Thursday or Friday. By the way the backhoe works fine and again I appreciate your suggestions
If the backhoe works then your problem is likely one or both of of the two boom quick connectors on the loader's hydraulic manifold. People seem to have issues with it.

Dan

Bob Hepting

Equipment
BX23S
Mar 11, 2024
Surrey BC

I guess that a coupling has come unhooked. Disconnect all couplings and reconnect them. The front ones are ganged together, so that is where I would start. Then go to the rear where the hoses connect to the backhoe and check those couplers. Also, check the three-point hitch lever to see if it is stuck in the up or down position. If you move enough levers, you are bound to find that it works, and you will have no idea what you have done to resolve the problem. I have been there and done that and was happy with the results in the end.

Bob Hepting

Equipment
BX23S
Mar 11, 2024
Surrey BC

Thankyou for your reply and suggestions. I’m not currently near the tractor, about 200 miles away, but will check the end of this week when I get up there.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
If you've never unhooked the loader hydraulics, it's possible you've LOCKED the loader joystick.
Something else to check......

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
I had the same issue with my BX23S. everything worked fine except for the bucket lift. Turned out to be a bad hydraulic coupling on the hydraulic quick connect, but that was around 700 hours on the tractor.