BX23s MMM linkage problems.

mwilli812

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Mar 3, 2024
South Texas
I’m new to this forum so I’m not sure how this works. But I’m hoping to get some advice for a problem I’m having with my BX 23S;
Normally I only use the loader and backhoe but yesterday I went to install the belly mower for the first time in over a year and the mower (raise and lower)mounting linkage underneath the floorboard won’t drop down. The three-point arms go up and down with the control lever movement, but the belly linkage will not raise or lower, it is stuck in the up position. Since they are gravity operated, I thought maybe a little rust was preventing the linkage from dropping down. So I was able to elevate the mower deck up under the tractor and attach it hoping the weight of the deck would force it down with the push of the control lever but It will not go down. I can even stand on the deck and it will not go down. It is stuck in the highest fully up position. I don’t know if this is pertinent, but, I can turn the hydraulic speed control knob that controls how fast the deck is supposed to raise and lower, but I cannot turn the height adjustment knob in either direction, it appears to be frozen in the “top” position. Any thoughts Would be very much appreciated!

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
Turn the knob that has 0" to 4" and TOP written on it to 0. Raise the mower up first.

Reactions: 1 user

mwilli812

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Mar 3, 2024
South Texas
Turn the knob that has 0" to 4" and TOP written on it to 0. Raise the mower up first.
I really appreciate the rapid feedback but unfortunately, as I mentioned in my post the height control knob is frozen, I can’t turn it in either direction. Actually, I’m surprised I didn’t break the knob off because I have a very strong grip.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I really appreciate the rapid feedback but unfortunately, as I mentioned in my post the height control knob is frozen, I can’t turn it in either direction. Actually, I’m surprised I didn’t break the knob off because I have a very strong grip.
What position is the deck height knob in?

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
There is a Deck Height Cam under the operator's platform on the end of the rod with the Height knob which is holding the linkage up. You will have to elevate the deck on each side about a half inch more and turn the knob to a setting just below the number 4 position. Remove the blocks or jack you elevated it with. You should then be able to turn the deck height now to a lower setting while the 3-point is fully raised.

Reactions: 2 users

kubotasaurus

Equipment
B2601
Jun 24, 2023
Indiana
Isn't there a place for a pin to hold the mid-mount linkage up? I don't pin mine, but I think I read about it somewhere.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Isn't there a place for a pin to hold the mid-mount linkage up? I don't pin mine, but I think I read about it somewhere.
There is no pin on the BX23S as it has a deck height cam which your B2601 does not have.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I believe there is, but I never found one on my BX 2220 years because I never looked for it. But in any case, the OP’s three-point hitch arms are going up and down so that is not an issue for him.

Hopefully the OP will follow whitetiger’s advice. He da man!

mwilli812

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Mar 3, 2024
South Texas
There is a Deck Height Cam under the operator's platform on the end of the rod with the Height knob which is holding the linkage up. You will have to elevate the deck on each side about a half inch more and turn the knob to a setting just below the number 4 position. Remove the blocks or jack you elevated it with. You should then be able to turn the deck height now to a lower setting while the 3-point is fully raised.
That definitely sounds like something to try just as soon as I return home from Dr.s office tomorrow afternoon. I will post the outcome either way it goes. For today, thank you all!

GibbyESS9

Equipment
2020 Bx23s,BX2672 plow, Titan Forks, Land Pride 48” BB, FEL, Bestco Flail mower
Sep 30, 2020
Blue Point NY / Newfoundland PA
I had a similar issue when doing my oil and filter change. I have the skid plate on there and mine would not lower. It was just not enough weight, so I pushed down on the armature while using the lower lever. Might want to try that first.

Jim

mwilli812

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Mar 3, 2024
South Texas
Whitetiger;
Who’s the man? YOU ARE THE MAN!!
I followed your instructions to the letter, but it still didn’t work(couldn’t turn the height control knob). And in my mind, what you had said, made perfect sense, so I just couldn’t accept that it wouldn’t work. So I got a super bright pen light, shined it down in there at the bottom of the height control shaft and saw were there were some friction points. So I sprayed about 1/3 of a can of WD-40 in at the base of the shaft and let it sit for a couple hours. Then, with considerable fear of breaking the knob clear off, I put both hands on it and gave it everything I had💪💪. After I felt it turn to that first click, I knew I had it licked. Then worked it back-and-forth for 30 seconds and now, the belly mower goes up and down as good as a new one!!
I can’t tell you how much I appreciate Your excellent advice! I can only hope one day I’ll get an opportunity to repay the favor. And a sincere thank you to everyone who replied with suggestions.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Whitetiger;
Who’s the man? YOU ARE THE MAN!!
I followed your instructions to the letter, but it still didn’t work(couldn’t turn the height control knob). And in my mind, what you had said, made perfect sense, so I just couldn’t accept that it wouldn’t work. So I got a super bright pen light, shined it down in there at the bottom of the height control shaft and saw were there were some friction points. So I sprayed about 1/3 of a can of WD-40 in at the base of the shaft and let it sit for a couple hours. Then, with considerable fear of breaking the knob clear off, I put both hands on it and gave it everything I had💪💪. After I felt it turn to that first click, I knew I had it licked. Then worked it back-and-forth for 30 seconds and now, the belly mower goes up and down as good as a new one!!
I can’t tell you how much I appreciate Your excellent advice! I can only hope one day I’ll get an opportunity to repay the favor. And a sincere thank you to everyone who replied with suggestions.
He accepts large bills!

• Love

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Now please spray some type of lubricant on those points (where you sprayed the WD-40)