BX23s ISSUES

greenhouse guy

Equipment
BX23s
Feb 1, 2023
Missouri
We operate a mushroom farm here in Missouri. We paid cash for two new kubota's BX23s. As a retired USAF flight line mechanic and presently an HVAC mechanical engineer/farmer.
I take maintenance seriously. We keep hourly log books. both kubota's lost the stop solenoids[1J025-60012] (Number #1 at 55hours) and and (Number #2 at 89 hours) then the 18X8.50-10 front tires operate at 22psi.
Pick up only a half front loader load of wet soil and the 4 ply tires are then on the side walls. the side walls start to leak air from being operated at 22psi under only half load. We then tried the green anti leak product. thank you dealer, doesn't work. tried to installed inter tubes. [not possible] OK! getting desperate to keep operating. we bought two new 4 ply 18x8.50 increased pressure to 35psi. and yes I know! not wise.
Then we called a tire shop in Springfield. They got us two 8ply tires. they called us and said kubota has their own thing going on with the wheels and tires. SORRY! The 8 ply 18x8.50 beads will not seat. another $1000 down the tubes.( pun implied ) we now are looking at ballistic gell application.
then there is the issue with dishonest kubota dealers. let that issue speak for itself. on the local radio we hear kubota saying they are having hard times. YOU THINK! As a 40 year professional mechanical Engineer. I am here to tell you Kubota is not built with quality parts. we have made very expensive upgrades/changes to facilitate sub-standard further use of the BX23s on the farm. just to face slap the next reply to this post. the mushroom farm has very tight spaces for equipment access. the BX23s came highly recommended due to the subcompact backhoe/front end loader profile sadly no longer friends.

Last edited by a moderator:

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA

greenhouse guy

Equipment
BX23s
Feb 1, 2023
Missouri
We operate a mushroom farm here in Missouri. We paid cash for two new kubota's BX23s. As a retired USAF flight line mechanic and presently an HVAC mechanical engineer/farmer.
I take maintenance seriously. We keep hourly log books. both kubota's lost the stop solenoids[1J025-60012] (Number #1 at 55hours) and and (Number #2 at 89 hours) then the 18X8.50-10 front tires operate at 22psi.
Pick up only a half front loader load of wet soil and the 4 ply tires are then on the side walls. the side walls start to leak air from being operated at 22psi under only half load. We then tried the green anti leak product. thank you dealer, doesn't work. tried to installed inter tubes. [not possible] OK! getting desperate to keep operating. we bought two new 4 ply 18x8.50 increased pressure to 35psi. and yes I know! not wise.
Then we called a tire shop in Springfield. They got us two 8ply tires. they called us and said kubota has their own thing going on with the wheels and tires. SORRY! The 8 ply 18x8.50 beads will not seat. another $1000 down the tubes.( pun implied ) we now are looking at ballistic gell application.
then there is the issue with dishonest kubota dealers. let that issue speak for itself. on the local radio we hear kubota saying they are having hard times. YOU THINK! As a 40 year professional mechanical Engineer. I am here to tell you Kubota is not built with quality parts. we have made very expensive upgrades/changes to facilitate sub-standard further use of the BX23s on the farm. just to face slap the next reply to this post. the mushroom farm has very tight spaces for equipment access. the BX23s came highly recommended due to the subcompact backhoe/front end loader profile sadly no longer friends.
two hours later
Well! I knew I would get some flax over this post. got an email saying you dont sound like any enginerr I have ever known. OK! I'll bite. just because you and I neather can spell enginerr doesnt I arnt one.
that said lets get real about this issue.
the issues concerning the fuel stop solenoid are as follows. more that likely the solenoid is not bad. remove and bench test with 12VDC. then check the stop solenoid fuse 10amp.
the timer/relay is connected to the switch under the seat. that is connected to the OPC fuse. I just replaced the OPC fuse [ was shorted/burnt out.] We cleaned up the the switch connections under the seat.
the solenoid is now working. a little salt in my wounds! I went and found the original factor 1J05-60012
solenoid and it works as well.
and I see you guys removed my email. I prefer to be able to communicate folks after the fact. dont worry last posting wont darking your doorway again, by

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
WOW, get bent out of shape often?
You are yelling at all of us over an email that you received from someone, who knows who that was.
You come back admitting that your wrong, but do it yelling at us telling us we are wrong?

Yes I removed your email:
#1 it was a spammy, email address
#2 it's against the forum rules. to post an email address.

FYI: Your tire guy probably doesn't know what he's talking about, as 've never seen a single Kubota rim that wouldn't take a standard tire.

FYI 2: And if you do reply to this or any other post please do so politely.

Reactions: 2 users