BX23S/BT603 Bracket failure

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I was curious and according to a WSM, the relief valve should be set between 1780-1840 PSI. With a 60 psi diference that's about 3%..not a whole lot.
I've never measured mine but I'd be curious to know what others have seen for pressure.
I can see needing to adjust it though and the manual explains how.
Consider a high hour machine, maybe running in southern(hot) climate. Everything wears over time, so I can see the valve spring getting weak and eventually the pressure goes below the factory 1780 PSI limit. Simply adding a 'shim' will bring it back up to within the 'factory spec'.

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
I did. :D

The need to adjust for wear, as GreensvilleJay pointed out, is obviously legitimate.

But trying to bump the pressure to get more power? That's just dumb.

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Well I just checked mine!
Looks good!
WAIT!
I put a tape on the bracket and its about a 3/16th to 1/8th of an inch difference bottom to top! Other side (front) a tad more! If the bracket wasnt bent to begin with then THIS IS DEFINATELY WARPAGE from the welding process the 1/4" plate couldn't take it right at the grease fitting. Not much metal there right on the edge and a pretty wide(Too Hot)? weld bead.
This also increases the side to side movement of the ram! And BTW how much side to side movement should there be? It should never have passed QA !
I think mines fine. Ive use that hoe a lot, but im keeping an eye on it!
This is definately something for Kubota to fix, but it looks like yours could just use a little SQUEEZE and it would be good!

DHARVE3

Equipment
BX23S
Jul 26, 2020
Townsend, Tn
***UPDATE***
My dealer just sent me the following copy and paste from an email I got this morning.

“We have received word that kubota will replace the dipper boom and some bushings. I will need to know if you can bring in the unit or if I will need to schedule a pick up/delivery. If we pick up and deliver, it will be 150.00.”

also, he seems to be sending an open invitation to anyone who has the same problem and the tractor is under warranty.

“P.S. your friend who has the same problem, would need to contact us (or another dealer) and go through the same process to see if his is correctable or not.”

DHARVE3

Equipment
BX23S
Jul 26, 2020
Townsend, Tn
So, what I know is this. They are picking up the Backhoe this afternoon. I am keeping the tractor and loader so I can continue my yard work. They won't order the parts until they have the BH in their possession. They are saying 6-8 weeks due to busy shop at this time. They will not let me change it as they have to assure it is repaired to specifications. The part number for the Dipper Stick is the same but that doesn't mean there has not been an upgrade to the part, We will have to wait to see what, if anything is different.
I have to pay $150 pickup and delivery fee which I understood from when I bought the tractor.
Now, here is where I go from fact to opinion. My dealer (Tyler Brothers in Maryville, TN) seems to be soliciting others with the same problem to come forward to get their machines fixed under warranty. What I am finding based on information gathered here and on Facebook forums is that I am not alone. But the ones I am seeing with this problem are late model tractors. The oldest being just over one year old.
Possibly, the Dipper Stick on my tractor is not like the ones installed on older tractors?

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
What I am finding based on information gathered here and on Facebook forums is that I am not alone. But the ones I am seeing with this problem are late model tractors. The oldest being just over one year old.
Possibly, the Dipper Stick on my tractor is not like the ones installed on older tractors?
It will be interesting if someone can post a picture of the same point on an older BX23s backhoe. My interest relates to the BX23S my son in law just received.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Maybe someone with an older BX23S with a hoe could take some pictures of their hoe and then you could compare them old vs new.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Well I'm happy it's being 'fixed' ! but have a few problems... first , the pickup/delivery charge.OK they're 2hrs away if I recall, but Kubota USA should be picking that up as part of the warranty repair. second, being without the BH for 2-3 MONTHS,especially FALL months could be a real PITA. Kubota could/should have offered a 'loaner' BH. I understand them wanting your BH beofre ordering parts to be sure THEY get the job.
3rd. asking for other BHs is drumming up more business. They'll get paid by Kubota for the work,transportation by customers.
it's be interesting to see the serial number of the BH, date of MFR...there may be a 'group' of them. Mine appears to be fine, 3.5" outside to outside, and I've not always been 'gentle' with it.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
but have a few problems... first , the pickup/delivery charge.OK they're 2hrs away if I recall, but Kubota USA should be picking that up as part of the warranty repair.

None of the major tractor builders include the transportation as part of the warranty. Some dealers might do it on their own but the warranty papers include a statement that the excludes the transportation of equipment. Read before you buy!

And if they are only charging you $150 to do a 4 hour round trip you are getting off very cheaply.

DHARVE3

Equipment
BX23S
Jul 26, 2020
Townsend, Tn
Well I'm happy it's being 'fixed' ! but have a few problems... first , the pickup/delivery charge.OK they're 2hrs away if I recall, but Kubota USA should be picking that up as part of the warranty repair. second, being without the BH for 2-3 MONTHS,especially FALL months could be a real PITA. Kubota could/should have offered a 'loaner' BH. I understand them wanting your BH beofre ordering parts to be sure THEY get the job.
3rd. asking for other BHs is drumming up more business. They'll get paid by Kubota for the work,transportation by customers.
it's be interesting to see the serial number of the BH, date of MFR...there may be a 'group' of them. Mine appears to be fine, 3.5" outside to outside, and I've not always been 'gentle' with it.
The delivery and pick up fee is something I anticipated. I think there’s even a sticker on the tractor that says it’s not included in the warranty. 6 to 8 weeks is not 2 to 3 months although it is a long time. Changing the dipper shouldn’t take over about two hours especially since the backhoe is virtually new and the pins should come out easily.
well, you could say that my dealers trying to solicit business but I think he’s trying to appeal to all BX23S owners to check their BH and contact their local dealers.
I think I posted a photo of the serial number. If not, here it is.

Attachments

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The delivery and pick up fee is something I anticipated. I think there’s even a sticker on the tractor that says it’s not included in the warranty. 6 to 8 weeks is not 2 to 3 months although it is a long time. Changing the dipper shouldn’t take over about two hours especially since the backhoe is virtually new and the pins should come out easily.
well, you could say that my dealers trying to solicit business but I think he’s trying to appeal to all BX23S owners to check their BH and contact their local dealers.
I think I posted a photo of the serial number. If not, here it is.
Yesterday, I moved my backhoe around in my storage shed to get another piece of equipment in, and I looked at the top of my backhoe to see if it was exhibiting what yours was doing. It appears that it is also splayed out at the top, albeit not as bad as yours. Today, I checked it with my straight edge that I use for checking cylinder heads for warpage. When I checked the right side of the hoe, at the upper and lower bushings, it was perfectly parallel. When I checked the left side, I can see that it is starting to bend outward. You can clearly see this in the pictures below.

MVC-008L.JPG
MVC-009L.JPG
MVC-010L.JPG
MVC-011L.JPG
MVC-012L.JPG
MVC-013L.JPG