Bx23s arm rest defect?

advantra2002

Equipment
BX23S
Sep 20, 2023
Anyone else having this issue? My padded armrest vinyl has split open twice now. Once a couple of months after purchase and again at only 2 years old. This machine is garage kept and only has about 170 hours of lite residential use. It has in no way been abused. The dealer replaced the entire seat on the first go around and I just contacted them again to see if they will again make things right. I am currently awaiting their response. But neither they, or anyone in google land appear to be seeing this type of issue. Just me. Any thoughts?
Mine the same situation on my Bx23s. It has 189 hours and always garage.

Attachments

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Negative on the weight on armrest theory. This is the underside near where it pivots. Also, I am 6’2” and 180lbs, so I doubt I am putting more strain on anything mounting or dismounting than any other human would. The trim caps did get gone soon after purchase which was frustrating, but not a huge deal. The cracked cushion, however really does suck. I’m not real fond of spending the rest of my life on a well taken care of shinny like new orange machine with a bunch of gooey duct tape holding the arm rest together. Great tractor otherwise.
Maybe.....just buy an aftermarket seat.
They are not all that expensive (without arm rests).

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
I just happened onto this thread by just reading threads today. I noticed my armrest was cracked open the other day on my BX23s (right side) just like the OP`s is before i even read this thread.

My BX23s has also lived in the garage since brand new. Seems the quality is slipping away on everything anymore. We`re a throw away society anymore. I know kubota won`t help me with fixing it. Even if they did, they are just going to sell me the same garbage that is already on the tractor. I`ll just glue it and live with it. At my age, this tractor will likely out live, me.

I do hope others do chime in on what their solutions are. This is likely an issue we`ll likely see more of in the future. I`ll bet there are a lot more cracked ones out there that are actually there, its probably likely people don`t even know they are cracking, unless they lift their armrests and actually look for it. Could this become a "recalled safety issue" for Kubota to address in the future? Only time will tell.

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Both arms on my BX23S seat are cracked top side where your arms rest on them. I do use the arm rests to mount and dismount trying not to pull on the steering wheel! It just started last year at 5 years old and 650 hours. Wish they sold just the armrests!

Reactions: 1 user

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Both arms on my BX23S seat are cracked top side where your arms rest on them. I do use the arm rests to mount and dismount trying not to pull on the steering wheel! It just started last year at 5 years old and 650 hours. Wish they sold just the armrests!
Maybe if enough people call kubota out on this, they might offer them. But that would be pointless i guess, to replace them with the same garbage that will crack to.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
FWIW, the seat is not made by Kubota, it is an off-the-shelf seat manufactured by Grammer IIRC.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
So how bout some contact information, or at least a link.
I think Google could find that pretty quickly for you.
The seats manufacture, model and serial are on a tag on the seat.

Reactions: 1 user