BX2360 Loader Question

amwoodwork

Equipment
bx2360
Jun 15, 2015
Palmyra,pa
I currently have a BX2360 with loader with digging teeth attachment.

I am looking into digging out a hillside to make some additional parking space. I have used the loader for minor moving and digging projects.

Can the loader be used to digging and move tons of material? Area about 20' x 20' about 8 high.

Thanks

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
As long as it can dig, which the teeth will help, it can get it done. It might be a slow process though. Depending on where you are going to put the dirt is how long it will take.
I had an above ground pool put in. They dirt pile must of been about 20 ton. It was my first job with the BX. I moved the dirt about 250' away, took me about 12 hours, alot of travel time.
This year I had 14 tons of clay dropped of and knocked it out in a couple hours. It was only about 50' from where I wanted it, plus I had a couple more years of experience.
The BX will move mountains giving enough time.

amwoodwork

Equipment
bx2360
Jun 15, 2015
Palmyra,pa
Thanks for the responses.

I am in no hurry as I have to get rid of the diggings. I will be giving it away, once the pile gets big enough.

Thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I dugout a 30' X 40' x 4-10' in a hill side with my B7100 in a long day.
Granted it's mostly sand and I do have an oversized bucket on the B, but it can be done. :D

Pap

Equipment
BX2360 G1900
Feb 12, 2015
Middletown, pa
Thanks for the responses.

I am in no hurry as I have to get rid of the diggings. I will be giving it away, once the pile gets big enough.

Thanks
I see you are from Palymara Pa. I live between Middletown and Hershey. When you are ready to get rid of your dirt if you have no other plans for it I will take it.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
My 2360 has a 1/3 yd bucket.
Have you changed buckets or enlarged the standard bucket? The LA243 manual lists the bucket size as 5 cubic feet and 6 cubic feet heaped. Five cubic feet would be less than 1/5 cubic yards.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
big difference in cubic FEET and cubic YARDS.
Lets get technical -

one cubic foot = 12" x 12" x 12" or 1' x 1' x 1'

one cubic yard = 3' x 3' x 3' = 27 cubic feet !

now ifn we want to get crazy ........36" x 36" x 36" = 46,656 cubic inches !!!

now doing some rough math .....

inside the for mentioned bucket, we get (these are approx) 48 x 16 x 20 !

which is about .329 of a cubic yard......

what say we call it about 9 cubic feet, AND that is if you get the bucket full !!!

How do you eat an elephant? ......one bite at a time:) - and at 5 - 9 cubic feet at a time, it will be time indeed !!! But it beats the hell out of the shovel!!!:D

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
Lets get technical -

one cubic foot = 12" x 12" x 12" or 1' x 1' x 1'

one cubic yard = 3' x 3' x 3' = 27 cubic feet !

now ifn we want to get crazy ........36" x 36" x 36" = 46,656 cubic inches !!!

now doing some rough math .....

inside the for mentioned bucket, we get (these are approx) 48 x 16 x 20 !

which is about .329 of a cubic yard......

what say we call it about 9 cubic feet, AND that is if you get the bucket full !!!

How do you eat an elephant? ......one bite at a time:) - and at 5 - 9 cubic feet at a time, it will be time indeed !!! But it beats the hell out of the shovel!!!:D
The profile of my bucket is closer to a triangle than a rectangle. The area of a triangle is one half of 20 x 16. That puts the volume close to 5 cubic feet.

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
Dang, who cares how much of a yard it holds . Fill her up with diesel and get her done , lol . Its not a loader , its a tractor . One that will surprise the heck out of you after you start getting the hang of it . If its fairly flat smooth terrain it won't take as long as you think . Do the digging in 4x4 low . Traveling to where you pile it can be done in high ( not full speed) , dump , and give her heck coming back . And repeat . It will go good for you .
Post some picks along the way so you have some bragging rights .

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
I've moved 440 ton's (200 yards) of loam and sand over the last year with my little BX. Takes time but it beats the hell out of a shovel!

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
I agree with the last two posts. I can do with my BX exactly what I want and what I expected. If there is a problem it is from owners, who expect more from a BX. There are readily available published specifications and I have had no reason to doubt that my BX meets those specifications. It’s not suddenly anemic or junk because it doesn’t do something beyond the specifications. I don’t have a problem with adjusting the hydraulic pressure, but I don’t have to run out and jack the pressure up just to try and make it do more than the specifications.
A month ago I bought five ½ yard loads of gravel. They were dumped on my trailer by a skidsteer with a ½ yard bucket that was noticeably larger than the bucket on my BX. When I got home I scooped the gravel out of the trailer with my fel. The first two scoops filled the bucket the next two I had to rake the gravel in to fill the bucket. That’s four BX buckets to one ½ yard skidsteer bucket. The skidsteer bucket was a pretty heaped, I think they sell a long ½ yard, maybe a 2/3 yards.
At 5 cubic feet its way bigger than my shovel, its way easier to pull the fel lever than to lift just one shovel full, and it’s just what I want.

And that's all I have to say about this.