Bx2360 hydraulic O-ring failure

SDMauler

Equipment
2009 BX2360TV60, RCK60B-23BX
Aug 8, 2014
Parker, SD
Hey everyone:
This last weekend, I had the BX2360 out to do a bit of cleanup around the place. It still had the chains on it, and I was pushing some dirt away from an old stump with the front dozer blade, and got the blade stuck on a part of the stump, and must have pressured up the front control lever hydro circuit, and blew out (actually ripped it in half) one of the O-rings that seals the bottom of one of the pipes that go to the front hydro hookups to the control valve mounted under the battery box. Needless to say, it was like a cow peeing on a flat rock, only with UDT. I just happened to have a metric O-ring kit in the shop, and was able to get it replaced, although I had to remove one other pipe connection to get at it. My questions are: Is this a common failure? Why did the O-ring fail, as opposed to just having the extra pressure dump back through the pop off valve? I noticed that the bolts that go through the pipe flange had a hole through it near the top-is this supposed to be lined up with the pipe direction? It seems to work just fine, but thought I'd better be sure. This is the first hydro leak this amazing little tractor has ever had. I'm wondering since its 6 years old, if it wouldn't be wise to replace all of the O-rings. Needless to say, that control valve under the battery box is not a fun place to work on.

Thanks, I really appreciate the shared knowledge this site offers.

Last edited:

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
yes they fail sometimes.

Kubota at one time had a bulletin out for something similar...might try to call/ask the dealer about it.