BX2350 will not start, but glow plug light is on; which do I replace?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Clarity in statements might be needed!
Is it cranking and not firing?
Or is it not cranking?

Very unlikely to be anything to do with the glow plugs.

Reactions: 1 user

Jasonized

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3902, LA526, box scraper, grapple, pallet forks, tree ripper, lane shark 3
May 16, 2023
California coast
So, looking on parts websites is a good way to at least start things up…. Messicks, for example, shows this for a breakdown..
The pic of the part is on the right, where it is on the engine is on the left. someone else mentioned it’s the only part with a wire to it…
that should get you a bit more info, rather than trusting a dealer (who only wants to sell stuff for any reason, not just because it’s needed).
checking the temp and voltage all sounded good too.
let us know if anything helps!

Attachments

Jasonized

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3902, LA526, box scraper, grapple, pallet forks, tree ripper, lane shark 3
May 16, 2023
California coast
Clarity in statements might be needed!
Is it cranking and not firing?
Or is it not cranking?

Very unlikely to be anything to do with the glow plugs.
Well, yes. Very true! We don’t have enough info. I was just trying to give the OP a start at finding info.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
OP is so vague with his question and not willing to answer some of the questions that people are asking, it’s impossible to give proper advice. Could be the tractor is out of fuel, could fuel system plugged up, could be the starter, or battery or safety switch and so on.

SpokaneDude

Equipment
BX2350, FM 125 tiller, Land Pride blade, BotaProducts fuel & HST filter mods
Oct 24, 2020
Spokane, WA
Thank you everybody for your helpful comments.... however I have decided to get mechanic from the dealer out to my property because there are just too many thing going wrong with this tractor: finally started, but would not shut off, unable to reach the plug that needs to be removed from the lower front of the tractor, and on, and on....
I'm 81 years old, not a tractor mechanic, and don't have the patience to trouble shoot something that's as complicated as this appears.
Thanks again...

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Thank you everybody for your helpful comments.... however I have decided to get mechanic from the dealer out to my property because there are just too many thing going wrong with this tractor: finally started, but would not shut off, unable to reach the plug that needs to be removed from the lower front of the tractor, and on, and on....
I'm 81 years old, not a tractor mechanic, and don't have the patience to trouble shoot something that's as complicated as this appears.
Thanks again...
Got it. Wish you the best with the repair. Sometimes it’s worth paying someone else to mess with it. After 8 decades, you certainly know you will pay for what you get. And if you get what you pay for, well that would be really nice.