BX2200 3-point hitch kit question

Kubota77340

Equipment
BX2200, Land Pride 48" finish mower, DR Power 3-point wood chipper
Apr 13, 2017
Huntsville, TX, USA
All,

I need a little help. Looking through the forums I can't find a similar topic.

I bought a DR chipper for the back of my BX2200. My tractor didn't come with a 3-point hitch, so I picked up a 3-point hitch kit from Amazon (here's the link. I am NOT an amazon affiliate: http://tinyurl.com/lud5cfv). I have it installed on the tractor now, but can't seem to get the proper distance between the load arms to get hooked up. By my eye it's almost 3" too narrow. :confused: The chipper is a verified to have Category One attachment points, and the kit was advertised as a Category One kit. The PTO hooks up nicely, the top link seems almost correctly adjusted, but the arms won't spread open enough to get over the pins. I'm scratching my head and hoping someone can help me out!

Thanks in advance,

Kubota77340

Last edited:

Knott

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2015 BX2670-1, BX2755HD Snow Blower, Farmking 4' box Blade, BX 2760A Plow Blade
Jun 2, 2015
Manitoba
Can you switch the pins to the inside of the trimmer's mounts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Have you adjusted the check chains?

Also it's very likely that the arms are just simply not designed for use on your tractor.

Pictures of what you have setup would help. ;)

GaryL

Equipment
2003 BX2200 - loader, mower, blower, grss collection system
Nov 22, 2014
Holden, MA
All,

I need a little help. Looking through the forums I can't find a similar topic.

I bought a DR chipper for the back of my BX2200. My tractor didn't come with a 3-point hitch, so I picked up a 3-point hitch kit from Amazon (here's the link. I am NOT an amazon affiliate: http://tinyurl.com/lud5cfv). I have it installed on the tractor now, but can't seem to get the proper distance between the load arms to get hooked up. By my eye it's almost 3" too narrow. :confused: The chipper is a verified to have Category One attachment points, and the kit was advertised as a Category One kit. The PTO hooks up nicely, the top link seems almost correctly adjusted, but the arms won't spread open enough to get over the pins. I'm scratching my head and hoping someone can help me out!

Thanks in advance,

Kubota77340
The kit you linked to is for a B tractor, not BX. That could do it.

Down below in the customer questions:
Customer Questions & Answers

Question: will this work on a 2015 Kubota BX 25 D?
Answer: I had one customer buy a kit for a BX and he said it didn't fit
By Blatt's Bargains SELLER on November 14, 2016

Kubota77340

Equipment
Apr 13, 2017
Huntsville, TX, USA
Can you switch the pins to the inside of the trimmer's mounts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, no. They are welded into place and not reversible. Great thought though, and definitely what I was hoping to accomplish originally!

I did get the lower arms on without too much struggle, but now the top link that came with the tractor is too long. I'm guessing I'll be buying another kit elsewhere to get correct distances.

Kubota77340

Equipment
Apr 13, 2017
Huntsville, TX, USA
The kit you linked to is for a B tractor, not BX. That could do it.

Down below in the customer questions:
Customer Questions & Answers

Question: will this work on a 2015 Kubota BX 25 D?
Answer: I had one customer buy a kit for a BX and he said it didn't fit
By Blatt's Bargains SELLER on November 14, 2016
Well, that could explain it. I didn't read the Q&A, just the description. Does anyone have any idea what the cost of the Kubota parts would be? It's looking like I'll be buying some more parts before I can get this running.

Thanks also to everyone who commented. There was a lot of head scratching in my garage last night!

Kubota77340

Equipment
Apr 13, 2017
Huntsville, TX, USA
Have you adjusted the check chains?

Also it's very likely that the arms are just simply not designed for use on your tractor.

Pictures of what you have setup would help. ;)
I will try to get pictures uploaded tonight. It got a bit dark for decent photography by the time I put the tractor to bed last night.

Kubota77340

Equipment
Apr 13, 2017
Huntsville, TX, USA
Thanks again to all who commented. I will probably go ahead and pick up the kit on eBay posted by John T.

I probably should have prefaced this post by saying this is my first 3-point equipped tractor so I may screw things up regularly until I get it sorted out. My last one was a Farmall A with a well-used drawbar.

Kubota77340

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Thanks again to all who commented. I will probably go ahead and pick up the kit on eBay posted by John T.

I probably should have prefaced this post by saying this is my first 3-point equipped tractor so I may screw things up regularly until I get it sorted out. My last one was a Farmall A with a well-used drawbar.

Kubota77340
Experience is a good teacher. Also, I'm sure that you have people around you- friends, family, neighbors- that are experienced with 3 point hitches. I would tap their shoulders, and ask for help. I know that if someone asked me, even if they were embarrassed, I'd be glad to give assistance.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Before spending more money I'd look at a BX with the arms and see if a welding shop might quickly cut or bend yours to fit.

dclough

Equipment
B2920, loader, backhoe, Woods Box Blade, DRPower PTO Chipper, HF Quick hitch
Aug 14, 2017
Gilford, NH
I got a quote from Kubota for $209 for the 3 pt hitch kit.

lordulrich

Equipment
BX 2370, 60 MMM, Loader, Front Mount Snow Blower, Landpride 3 pt blade, Tiller
Jul 28, 2016
SE Minnesota
I did get the lower arms on without too much struggle, but now the top link that came with the tractor is too long. I'm guessing I'll be buying another kit elsewhere to get correct distances.

If it is just the top link then you might be in luck. Top links are a part you can get at a local farm store. There are shorter and longer ones, and they are adjustable.

I'd suggest watching some videos about hooking up 3 point implements. I also did not have much experence before getting my BX and some of the videos had great tips that make it much easier.

Also, I don't know for sure but heard that some of the older BX tractors did not have a "full" cat 1 3 point. Even the newer once are pretty tight space between the lower link arms.

seagullplayer

Aug 23, 2017
Indiana
I put my blade on for the first time this weekend.

I may have cursed a time or two myself.

I was pretty sure it was not going to fit for about the first 20 minutes.

It's on and working fine. I may never take it off...