BX22 cracked housing

ScottBlanchard

New member

Equipment
bx22
Jan 3, 2020
1
0
0
Washington
Hello all,first time on this forum. I bought a bx22 with a cracked housing on the transmission. I am going to attempt to swap it out. It looks like I'm going to get the entire axle set up when I take it out, I see how to take the pto and drive shaft out. I"m wondering what I'm going to run into on the top of the tranny, under the seat that I can't see. Has anyone out there done one of these before? Any tips where I should look to buy the replacement besides my local dealer? any help would be great. thanks in vermont
 

Roadworthy

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
1,647
530
113
Benton City, WA
I don't know your situation or the materials involved at all. That said, would it make any sense to consider welding the case instead of replacing it?
 

North Idaho Wolfman

Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
36,454
11,245
113
Sandpoint, ID
Hello all,first time on this forum. I bought a bx22 with a cracked housing on the transmission. I am going to attempt to swap it out. It looks like I'm going to get the entire axle set up when I take it out, I see how to take the pto and drive shaft out. I"m wondering what I'm going to run into on the top of the tranny, under the seat that I can't see. Has anyone out there done one of these before? Any tips where I should look to buy the replacement besides my local dealer? any help would be great. thanks in vermont
Look on ebay, I've found many a case on there, and buying the whole axle assembly for just the case is real expensive.

If you don't have the WSM get it, it will help tremendously with all the little details.

One thing that really helps is wash everything before you start working on it, much easier when you can see all the bolts and not have crud getting into an open case. ;)
 

PA452

Active member

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
326
55
28
Western PA
Curious how it got cracked. Was it a broken rear diff lock and a pin got between the case and a drive gear?
 

DustyRusty

Well-known member

Equipment
WAS BANNED FOR NSFW PICS
Nov 8, 2015
6,517
5,164
113
North East CT
I have purchased a lot of parts from Townline Equipment in Plainfield NH. They also have a store in Pittsford VT. Nice people to deal with, and they are a small family owned business. Prices were very fair, and sometimes they were even less than the big mail order Kubota parts dealer.