BX1880 or BX2380?

spineman

Oct 12, 2016
Clayton, DE, USA
If you decided to trade it in, check how much extra would 2680 be over 2380. It gives you few extra ponies and a bit extra weight. When I was getting mine few years ago, I was debating between BX2370 and BX2670 and after testing, I'm glad I went with BX2670. I never had a chance to test BX2370 in the same conditions though.

On the other hand looking at the bucket specs it looks like all BX have the same lifting capacities, so technically there should be no difference between 18xx and 23xx. I would check the hydraulic pressure first.

As to the Piranha tooth bar, your cordless drill should be fine. Just make sure it is fully charged, drill a large pilot hole and get one of those step drills to slowly enlarge the hole to proper size.
I believe he said the 2680 was about 1200 more. I may consider that. The Kubota site does seem to reflect that the BX18 is the same lifting capacity, but I double checked with the dealer and he says that the 23/6 definitely has 100 lbs more capability and a bigger bucket. This is due to the heavier front axle and bigger front tires.

Thank you for letting me know about the drill. I will order one as soon as I get the tractor!

Stew

Equipment
BX1880
Jun 8, 2018
MA
I am going to check with dealer again on specs, because two spec sheets I looked at says the BX18 does have the same lift capacity.
There no difference in lift capacity unless you're talking about the QA bucket versus the pin-on.

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
There no difference in lift capacity unless you're talking about the QA bucket versus the pin-on.
This. Both use the same LA344 loader. The SSQA bucket option weighs more which I think limits further the total lift capacity of the bucket plus loader over the lighter pin on option.