BX guys

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OK I was out mowing below the barn and stopped to get some branches out of the way, shut the MM off and got off,,, well she started sputtering and missing like a plug was off on a gas motor.. WTF ,,, revved it up same thing,, Awww man now what, and just for kicks I PUSHED HE PTO LEVER BACK, didn't even seem to move. And it smoothed right out again.
I guess there was enough play to work that switch to vibrate open and closed,, Now I know Im going to have to move sumthin under there!!
I post this because some place I read that some one else had the same issue, so I figure its something to try anyway

Paulemar

Equipment
BX25, 60" MMM, 3 point hitch, 60" front plow, 48" Phoenix rototiller.
Jan 21, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
You used good troubleshooting procedure. "What was the last thing I did before the problem started." If you start with that, even the simplest thing, many problems can be quickly diagnosed or at least get you in the ballpark.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yep sounds like the PTO safety switch is still a little off or maybe something was stuck not letting it shut completely on or off. ;)

Bruin4

Jan 14, 2014
Warren, CT USA
I just rented a BX 25, I had the same problem, for me it was one of the two safety switches under the seat that was not fully engaging at certain times and the motor would sputter an then crap out or sputter and catch itself and run, clamped a clip on the switch and prob solved

Wbk

Feb 20, 2013
St Adolphe Manitoba Canada
OK I was out mowing below the barn and stopped to get some branches out of the way, shut the MM off and got off,,, well she started sputtering and missing like a plug was off on a gas motor.. WTF ,,, revved it up same thing,, Awww man now what, and just for kicks I PUSHED HE PTO LEVER BACK, didn't even seem to move. And it smoothed right out again.
I guess there was enough play to work that switch to vibrate open and closed,, Now I know Im going to have to move sumthin under there!!
I post this because some place I read that some one else had the same issue, so I figure its something to try anyway
Time to pull the left rear wheel and tighten the little bolts on the switch I think, they're a PIA to get at.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yeppers again,,,,pulling the wheel is not a problem, its that 75 pound wheel weight thats a PIA to get on,,lol

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
If you have the BX25D, you can pull that weight with the backhoe with a large metal bar attached to the bucket. My dad changed the rear wheel on the D-17 using it's own backhoe. It was cool to watch, the wheels are filled too! Must weigh about 600lbs!