BX Front Grill Guard

TheShadyKubota

Equipment
2021 BX2380 w/ a plethora of attachments
Apr 1, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
Is there a special model that gets the black BX grill guard vs the standard frame style grill guard?

1649797041105.png
1649797102118.png

Or is one an aftermarket option and the simple frame type is the standard one that comes with the FEL once selected?

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
I have the gray one, it is the older BX80 grille guard. I believe that the orange one is on the latest models. Neil Messick calls the BX the -1 version in the video below. The grille guard is at the 2:18 mark.

The old guard is not very good. I have easily bent mine twice and it was a pain to straighten out again.

Reactions: 1 user

TheShadyKubota

Equipment
Apr 1, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
I have the gray one, it is the older BX80 grille guard. I believe that the orange one is on the latest models. Neil Messick calls the BX the -1 version in the video below. The grille guard is at the 2:18 mark.

The old guard is not very good. I have easily bent mine twice and it was a pain to straighten out again.
That makes sense, Neil @ Messicks makes some great BX content.. and relatable!

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Most factory grille guards are more ornamental than functional. I have not seen one that is actually functional on a BX yet! I took mine off because it was bent, and never put it back on because it really doesn't protect much. The good news is that the radiator on the BX is just in front of the operator, unlike most tractors where it is out front waiting to have a stick go through it.

Reactions: 2 users

TheShadyKubota

Equipment
Apr 1, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
Most factory grille guards are more ornamental than functional. I have not seen one that is actually functional on a BX yet! I took mine off because it was bent, and never put it back on because it really doesn't protect much. The good news is that the radiator on the BX is just in front of the operator, unlike most tractors where it is out front waiting to have a stick go through it.
Very valid point. I did notice one guy fabricating a custom grill with expanded metal on here somewhere.. One day when I think I need a legit grill guard I may look it up again.

jimic

Equipment
L 3240
May 12, 2011
Clarksville,tn usa
Very valid point. I did notice one guy fabricating a custom grill with expanded metal on here somewhere.. One day when I think I need a legit grill guard I may look it up again.
Hello
L3240 No Brush Guard.
Just broke out my headlight ! $350.00 for replacement.

If i only was aware. I could have purchase a brush guard and saved me some headaches!

Pay me now or pay me later !

thanks

muddy

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 20, 2021
Ferndale, WA
View attachment 78212

My BX23S manual shows that orange front guard as an option for the LA340 loader with quick attach coupler. Anybody have a part number? I just broke mine and I'm wondering if I should weld it up or buy a new one.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I don't have the part number, but considering that the last time I checked, the guard was about $250 and the small clips that hold the guard in the upright position are about $15 each, I would suggest that you fashion something else that is more to your liking than the current Kubota offering. You can start with what you presently have, and then start welding it to make your new grille guard. Just keep in mind that the original basic design has never given the front of the tractor much protection, and that should something substantial hit your new design, it might not be stout enough to repel the item, and the grille guard might just get pushed into the hood causing additional damage. I look forward to seeing what you design and fabricate.

muddy

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 20, 2021
Ferndale, WA
I don't have the part number, but considering that the last time I checked, the guard was about $250 and the small clips that hold the guard in the upright position are about $15 each, I would suggest that you fashion something else that is more to your liking than the current Kubota offering. You can start with what you presently have, and then start welding it to make your new grille guard. Just keep in mind that the original basic design has never given the front of the tractor much protection, and that should something substantial hit your new design, it might not be stout enough to repel the item, and the grille guard might just get pushed into the hood causing additional damage. I look forward to seeing what you design and fabricate.
Alrighty! Thanks for signing me up for another project! :ROFLMAO:

muddy

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 20, 2021
Ferndale, WA
I just took the part off (the orange thing that came with my BX23s) and noticed that the weld that broke really looks like it was designed to fail before anything else, maybe to protect the frame. I think I'm going to just weld it up again.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
They don't have pricing on their website, so could you tell us the cost of the unit, and how much the shipping was? thanks

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
This was my first project. It was pretty straight forward and has already caught its share of sticks and been tweeked a little. I am particulaly fond of not having to drill any holes, and it has held up well so far.

Attachments

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
My 5 year old BX23S came with the black grill and yes, those 'clips' are pizzpoor design. On my list to fab/replace the silly guard, one day.You can have mine, 30 seconds after Install my new one.