BX Front Grill Guard

TheShadyKubota

Equipment
BX2380 w/ FEL(QA), 54" MMM, 60” Box Scraper
Apr 1, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
Is there a special model that gets the black BX grill guard vs the standard frame style grill guard?

1649797041105.png
1649797102118.png

Or is one an aftermarket option and the simple frame type is the standard one that comes with the FEL once selected?

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
I have the gray one, it is the older BX80 grille guard. I believe that the orange one is on the latest models. Neil Messick calls the BX the -1 version in the video below. The grille guard is at the 2:18 mark.

The old guard is not very good. I have easily bent mine twice and it was a pain to straighten out again.

Reactions: 1 user

TheShadyKubota

Equipment
Apr 1, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
I have the gray one, it is the older BX80 grille guard. I believe that the orange one is on the latest models. Neil Messick calls the BX the -1 version in the video below. The grille guard is at the 2:18 mark.

The old guard is not very good. I have easily bent mine twice and it was a pain to straighten out again.
That makes sense, Neil @ Messicks makes some great BX content.. and relatable!

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East
Most factory grille guards are more ornamental than functional. I have not seen one that is actually functional on a BX yet! I took mine off because it was bent, and never put it back on because it really doesn't protect much. The good news is that the radiator on the BX is just in front of the operator, unlike most tractors where it is out front waiting to have a stick go through it.

Reactions: 1 users

TheShadyKubota

Equipment
Apr 1, 2022
Manitoba, Canada
Most factory grille guards are more ornamental than functional. I have not seen one that is actually functional on a BX yet! I took mine off because it was bent, and never put it back on because it really doesn't protect much. The good news is that the radiator on the BX is just in front of the operator, unlike most tractors where it is out front waiting to have a stick go through it.
Very valid point. I did notice one guy fabricating a custom grill with expanded metal on here somewhere.. One day when I think I need a legit grill guard I may look it up again.

jimic

Equipment
L 3240
May 12, 2011
Clarksville,tn usa
Very valid point. I did notice one guy fabricating a custom grill with expanded metal on here somewhere.. One day when I think I need a legit grill guard I may look it up again.
Hello
L3240 No Brush Guard.
Just broke out my headlight ! $350.00 for replacement.

If i only was aware. I could have purchase a brush guard and saved me some headaches!

Pay me now or pay me later !

thanks