BX 2370 Limits

mwe060

Equipment
BX 2370-1 60'MMM FEL R4
Nov 19, 2014
Little Rock, AR
Hey guys,

This may be asked somewheres' else but hey; we got to keep this forum going anyway right?

So i have a BX 2370-1 ( LOVE IT ) wife is getting jelous.

What are the true limits ( other that the OH S#$T ) feeling.
by limits i mean degrees. Straight up and down a hill, Side to side and so on.

I know lots of things factor in like implements and things in the FEL and so on. So, lets say a bone stock nothing on it situation.

I've been is some hair raising things already on the tractor, Mainly cus it is new and i don't know its limitations yet. So, i would like to have the numbers thing just for safe keepings.

Thanks for all the wisdom!

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Often discussed and never settled, just too many variables. We have a 2003 BX2200 and 2008 BX2660 and live on pretty hilly property, only been on two wheels once when my son was mowing on something he was pretty sure was too steep. The deck grounded out and it didn't go over.

I put 2" wheel spacers on both when my wife retired and she took over mowing so I could concentrate on jobs with our other tractors, they make her feel better on slopes.

BXs are very stable and work on steeper slopes than you would think, but I know of no numbers as to degrees of slope that are go/no go.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
If you are concerned on certain slopes, you might test it, but have a rope secured well above seat level to another , but stable, vehicle up the hill. Remember that pivoting front axle is not much help against a roll over.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes really no solid answer to give, way too many variables. ;)

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Can't say for the B/BX series but my L3200 in 'lowest' condition possible got a little tipsy at about 20° side roll. Had the bucket very low, only inches above the ground as I mowed with the LP RCR1260. It started to get light on the uphill wheels so I turned her down the slope and dropped the bucket the rest of the way. It caught on the bucket edge and didn't go over. I was prepared for it so it wasn't a problem, but it could have been. Had ROPS and belt fully engaged.

I think most tractors are going to be in the 20° range, give or take, so if you get past 15°, be ready to react to recover before she goes over on you.

MXBX

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
Maryland
What I discovered is that 4wd will help a lot on slopes and will allow you to break going straight down. I had a runaway down a hill which taught me a lot.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
hmmmm...... if there is no bushes up hill to be in the way guess one could take a junk riding mower...... pull the seat and engine and add bunch of weight into it. some long arms between it and the BX and you got a weighted outrigger for counter balance