BX 1800 Overflow Pipe Question

jetattblue

Equipment
BX1800; L2550
Mar 14, 2018
Arlington, TX
BX 1800 Fuel Overflow Pipe Question

After tons of work, I am re-assembling the now rebuilt D722 engine in my BX1800. I was very good about taking pictures of the process to reference, but I did not get a picture of this particular assembly, and I cannot find a picture of it anywhere.

There is a fuel overflow pipe that attaches to each of the fuel injectors (or nozzle holders). The fuel overflow pipe is basically 3 circles connected by a pipe. One side of the circles is solid, and the flip side has a circular vent or something around its edge. For the life of me, I cannot figure out whether to install the fuel overflow pipe with the vented side down or up. I suspect the vented side installs downward, but can anyone confirm that?

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
To see a schematic of any part of your tractor go here, agree to the "stuff" by putting a check mark in the box. Then, next page, enter your model, then go to fuel. Probably see it on the second page.

I think you're talking about the fuel overflow pipe, but not sure. The picture should tell you your answer.

https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/

jetattblue

Equipment
BX1800; L2550
Mar 14, 2018
Arlington, TX
It is the fuel overflow pipe. I have reviewed the WSM and the parts diagrams on Messicks, but, for the life of me, I cannot see the fuel overflow pipe's orientation.