Buying online?

Ohio1973

Equipment
bx
May 19, 2017
toledo,ohio
I have decided to purchase a BX 18 or 23 80 and was working with my local dealer when I saw people on here talking about buying on line. I read the advantages and disadvantages and now I have to make a decision.

I contacted one dealer online who gave me a price $2500 less then my local dealer. My dealer wont even talk to me about it as he says that the dealer is using used parts or non Kubota parts.

Being new to this can anyone explain this? How can they have used parts for a brand new machine? Why would they use this type of part? Do you think my dealer might be trying to scare me or is their truth in it?

The online dealer offers Kubota financing and warranty. If the dealer wasn't real would Kubota still offer financing or warranty?

Hope to hear from some of you veterans who have actually purchased from an online dealer and had good or bad stories.

Thanks!!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Ohio1973, welcome to the forum.

I have not purchased a new tractor from a dealer, but I can tell you this is bogus, "My dealer wont even talk to me about it as he says that the dealer is using used parts or non Kubota parts."

After market or used parts are not found on new Kubota, or any other new, tractors. It's a foolish comment. How long do you think Kubota Corp. is going to put up with a dealer doing that, if it was possible?

My advise is, the man who made that statement is real good at not telling the truth.

When I find someone who has that quality i do not want to associate with them for any reason, because I can not tell the truth from a falsehood when they speak.

Buy from someone else, even if you didn't save $2500 !!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I have decided to purchase a BX 18 or 23 80 and was working with my local dealer when I saw people on here talking about buying on line. I read the advantages and disadvantages and now I have to make a decision.

I contacted one dealer online who gave me a price $2500 less then my local dealer. My dealer wont even talk to me about it as he says that the dealer is using used parts or non Kubota parts.

Being new to this can anyone explain this? How can they have used parts for a brand new machine? Why would they use this type of part? Do you think my dealer might be trying to scare me or is their truth in it?

The online dealer offers Kubota financing and warranty. If the dealer wasn't real would Kubota still offer financing or warranty?

Hope to hear from some of you veterans who have actually purchased from an online dealer and had good or bad stories.

Thanks!!
One dealer could move 10 pieces of equipment a month, another might move 100. Kubota dealers all deal with the same "new" stuff - there are no knock off dealer parts on new machines - as D2 Cat said, there is no difference in the machines....hellva difference in the men that sell them however!!!!!

Last edited:

Ohio1973

Equipment
bx
May 19, 2017
toledo,ohio
I agree as I have not seen this type of salesman since I tried to buy a used car. For the life of me I could not understand why they would say thing like this that can be checked out. All they had to say is we want to make $$$$$ on each and every sale. Maybe selling one tractor a month is enough money for them to be happy.

Mike.O

Equipment
B2650
Mar 28, 2017
CT
I just purchased a tractor from a dealer 1000 miles away. I live in CT, tractor from KY. I wouldn't necessarily call it "buying online" as they were a legitimate dealer that sells locally in KY and also have a driver and sell and ship nationwide. The driver is their employee and and his job is to deliver tractors, so its not like they are shipping a tractor through a freight company

I had a great experience. I had a warranty issue, he is sending his driver/mech up on the next delivery round in my area to replace defective cylinder.

The KY dealer was +/-$4000 cheaper than anyone around here.

As for your "Used or non kubota parts" that is BS. He is a licenced / certified Kubota dealer. Your dealer is clearly telling you BS. If he can lie to you like that I would say this is someone definitely not to do business with.

I weighed the options, for $4000, how much headache would i be willing to deal with. And for $4000 I decided that it was worth a shot. So far, not a single thing to complain about

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
I had been shopping for a tractor for about 6 months before I made my decision.
I talked to Mahindra, Kubota, John Deere and Holland and not one of them treated me badly or acted like I was stupid yet I hear so much of that on this forum. Is there another dealer you can work with in your area other than the one you have talked to? There are about 4 Kubota dealers in my vicinity...50 mile radius. As far as buying online, my dealer actually told me to look around online and he would match the best deal I could find. Not sure what your dealers problem is but I would be careful of him especially if you need service down the road on your online purchase.

jnldr

Equipment
L2800
Mar 12, 2010
Knox TN
I just purchased a tractor from a dealer 1000 miles away. I live in CT, tractor from KY. I wouldn't necessarily call it "buying online" as they were a legitimate dealer that sells locally in KY and also have a driver and sell and ship nationwide. The driver is their employee and and his job is to deliver tractors, so its not like they are shipping a tractor through a freight company

I had a great experience. I had a warranty issue, he is sending his driver/mech up on the next delivery round in my area to replace defective cylinder.

The KY dealer was +/-$4000 cheaper than anyone around here.

As for your "Used or non kubota parts" that is BS. He is a licenced / certified Kubota dealer. Your dealer is clearly telling you BS. If he can lie to you like that I would say this is someone definitely not to do business with.

I weighed the options, for $4000, how much headache would i be willing to deal with. And for $4000 I decided that it was worth a shot. So far, not a single thing to complain about

What dealer is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio

Thanks!!

hey fellow Buckeye!

first things first: if a dealer told you that? then you need to NOT deal with that dealer. He's dishonest & thats putting it nicely.

do you have a reason for the BX in general? getting it kitted out with a fel/hoe?

or do you just need another machine? cause i can hook you up with a great lightly used old machine ive got for sale here on the forum... & you are only 4hrs from me... you could use the snowblower up there. LOL

s

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
The "parts" would have to be dealer installed parts, not part of the tractor that's assembled at the factory. The "used parts" thing is bogus. There wouldn't likely be a steady supply of used parts to use. However, the other dealer could be quoting a non-Kubota parts, especially the loader. There's a dealer near me that advertises great prices on Kubota packages on their website, but then in smaller print is the "with Kubota loader" higher price.

BravoXray

Equipment
BX-25D, Ford 9N, Bobcat 825. Too many implements to list
Feb 6, 2014
Lake Winola,PA.
My experience with Barlow's was great as well. I had to wait a little while for delivery, but they beat the local dealers by a significant amount on price. Their driver spent a good amount of time showing me how everything worked and answering questions. I had one small warranty issue almost three years ago, and they got the parts to me quickly, their parts guy noticed that I was going to need a few washers and nuts, which he included, and sent me an email with the exploded view so that I could get everything back together correctly.

Good luck with your purchase!

Jerry

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
I looked at Kubotas for quite a while and decided to buy but I took my time. Living in such a rural area we only have one dealer within a couple of hundred mile radius so if you need service you only have one choice. Luckily our dealer has a good reputation and I had visited them a few times doing my research. Made up my mind what I wanted and priced it out, dealer had an open house advertising deals and factory reps. We went and I ended up getting $2K off what I had priced earlier plus the 0% (actually it is .07% for some reason), fully loaded B2650 with cab, FEL and snow blade. I like to buy local, keep some of the money in the area, but if the dealer can't or won't deal and you get it much cheaper then more power to you, plus I don't know if I would want to deal with someone that tries to BS me. Shows a lack of professionalism.
If you have a decent dealer that is accessible wait for an open house and see if you can get discounts.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Marv dropped off my BX23S last friday. Barlow was great to deal with. Saved $2600 plus 8% tax. I do most all my own wrenching. Local dealer cannot deny warranty work, I just will be at the bottom of the waiting list. I buy filters/fluids and likely a set of turfs from local to offset spending money on machine elsewhere.

The only pseudo negative review online about Barlows is an owner of a Grand Cab L who recieved his remotes plumbed wrong upon delivery and didnt catch it until later. Otherwise the transaction was smooth.

Mike.O

Equipment
B2650
Mar 28, 2017
CT
Just another good word for Barlow's. I have been having some minor hydro issues with my BH 77. Leaking valve and an excessively drifting cylinder, both issues on the same cylinder/valve so the leak is surely resulting in the excessive drifting. Barlow's is sending their driver up next week to diagnose the issue. He will be somewhat in the area. So pretty impressive, over 1000 miles away and their coming to my house to diagnose the issue.

USAFCaptNH

Equipment
JD1025R, 54" autoconnect, 54" FEL , 54" snow thower and ballast box.
Apr 30, 2017
Northwood,NH
Just another good word for Barlow's. I have been having some minor hydro issues with my BH 77. Leaking valve and an excessively drifting cylinder, both issues on the same cylinder/valve so the leak is surely resulting in the excessive drifting. Barlow's is sending their driver up next week to diagnose the issue. He will be somewhat in the area. So pretty impressive, over 1000 miles away and their coming to my house to diagnose the issue.
Marv is coming up next week to deliver my BX2380, with easy over 60" deck, FEL, and Snowzilla BX2822 HD 55" snowblower.... (plus some extras on it like lights, filled tires, mulching, quick hitch and a few other things I cant remember lol}

Maybe he is stopping first at your place so if you see my toys let me know!!!

PS Barlow was so much fun I purchased a 2nd tractor to also be delivered... just a little smaller as it is for my grandson a nice pedal tractor with trailer and FEL.. lol...

I will post pictures of both tractors as soon as I get them.