Bush Hog's

Caintucky

I recently bought a used Kubota B8200 and it came with a Woods finishing Mower. But I am interested in a 5' bush hog where I can mow much taller grass.
But my question is, are most bush hogs designed in the same manner where one brand of mower can fit onto different brand of tractors. I found a good deal on a Ford Bush hog, but I'm not sure if it will fit on the Kubota tractor. I would like some input before I go look at it. Thanks To any and all. Tom

montana

Equipment
L2350 la450s Loader
Apr 17, 2010
utica,oh
Any 3 point brush hog should work. I have a john deere brush hog that goes between case ih and kubota no problem.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Yeah its all interchangeable. You can use any manufacture implement on any make or model tractor. Its a universal system that goes by a category rating. Most tractors 50hp and under use a standard Category 1 three point hitch. Larger tractors 50-100hp use a Category 2 and tractors 100hp and up use a Category 3 three point hitch.

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
Small point of terminology here, not to disagree with the other posts.

Bush Hog is a brand, like Kubota.
Brush Cutter is the product you want, many different manufacturers.
Also called rotary mower (as opposed to finish mower for the nice lawn)
grass cutter, pasture mower etc.

Depending on tractor power rating, watch the cutting width. 20hp and down you should not exceed 4'.

Will In Tx

Equipment
L3400 HST/FEL, Box Blade, RTV 900 Camo, ZD323 Zreo Turn Pro Mower + More
Mar 21, 2010
Rosharon, TX. USA
Small point of terminology here, not to disagree with the other posts.

Bush Hog is a brand, like Kubota.
Brush Cutter is the product you want, many different manufacturers.
Also called rotary mower (as opposed to finish mower for the nice lawn)
grass cutter, pasture mower etc.

Depending on tractor power rating, watch the cutting width. 20hp and down you should not exceed 4'.
I would have to agree.
You will have to remember also when cutting tall weeds/grass with 4' you might want to get it in granny gear, that is again depending on how tall.

Will In Tx

Equipment
L3400 HST/FEL, Box Blade, RTV 900 Camo, ZD323 Zreo Turn Pro Mower + More
Mar 21, 2010
Rosharon, TX. USA
Smaller tractors can do some amazing things if you treat them well.
Note the blocking of rear discharge
Either change it to chains or leave it open
Helps the tractor much to do this

Another thing is to keep checking the raditor for sticks and build up of trash in there. If trash is present and your the field just shut down the tractor and blow it off.
When you get back to barn then use a low pressure to blow the crap out of the raditor from back to front. Never use water as it will build up alot of small crap and make your raditor work harder.

my 3 cents

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Other than minor design differences they are ruffly the same. I would want to no what the blade tip speed is. That will be the biggest difference between brands and will greatly affect your cut quality.