Building a fence with a Kubota

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
After the hedge is gone and also the stumps, I build a new fence and used my Kubota to tighten the wires.

I used the upper link to tighten the wires with hydraulic.

I like my little friend !!

carl

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I duno but I don't think it would be a very long fence if you built it with a Kubota,,,, snicker:rolleyes:

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Please translate the signs on the fence post if you would!

Last edited:

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
The problem her is, that gangs of other countries which joined the European Union lately, "visit" our area. The statistic says that the best protection against such visits is a dog. So I set up a sign, that maybe prevent use of using force. And we have of course a dog! :cool:

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Hey carl.
Hey chicken :D

why the rooster? With the signs is the problem, that most of the visitors are not able to read German. English will also not help. Maybe Russian. That would maybe also add a bonus to prevention: "Do not visit a professional Russian!" :cool:

carl

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Hey chicken :D

why the rooster? With the signs is the problem, that most of the visitors are not able to read German. English will also not help. Maybe Russian. That would maybe also add a bonus to prevention: "Do not visit a professional Russian!" :cool:

carl
The video next week will show why the rooster. Sounds like your going to need more than just a sign to keep people out. :eek:

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Dear Cabu:

May I add a note of caution?

You may get away with it using net-type fencing, but...

...trying to tighten single wire (slick no-barb, barbed, or high-tensile) with tractor or any vehicle can get you hurt BAD.

Use the machine as an anchor only and use a hand-crank come-along or sheave-and-rope-type tensioner or 'regulation' fence wire puller.

When one of those wires finally lets go under tension it'll cut you like a knife, so fast you can't get out of the way.

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
next time you tighten a fence. get two boards about as long as the wire is tall. drill 2-3 holes through the boards. place the boards on each side of the wire. put bolts through the holes and tighten. then you can put a chain/strap at the top and the bottom of the clamped boards. and pull the boards holding the fence wire. and you will get a even pull on the fencing. this method keeps all of the squares in the fence a bit more even.. :)