Broken Part Mystery

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Found this in the driveway where I had parked my BX23S. I have no idea where it is from. Any suggestions where to look, I have looked in many places.
MVC-010L.JPG
MVC-011L.JPG
MVC-012L.JPG
MVC-013L.JPG

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
Hey @DustyRusty
To me it looks like half of a boss where a round part/ pin goes through. You probably thought of that.
It's broken in half and also broken off whatever part it was.
To me it would seem the other half is still in place on whatever part it was/is.

i can't tell is whether the hole is tapered or not. How big is it?

It looks cast - like cast iron or something. Is it magnetic?

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
I think it fell off the space station! 😀😀….or wait, I got it. It’s from the door locking pin on that Boeing that lost the door! Call FAA or NTSB! Probably get a reward! 😀😀😀

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
size matters !
what is the diameter of the inner hole ?

I'd put the tractor up on bucket and out riggers, crawl underneath with a bright flashlight and see what's missing. BTW the other 1/2 might be out in a field somewhere.
it might be a spacer/bushing ??

hmm..quik look... #110 brake pedal bushing, mounts in frame rails ??
F20100.png

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Looks like a slithered motor bushing from an electric motor, like a drill or such.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
What gets me is, there is no paint or rust on it. So it must be a internal part. It sure does look like part of a pin bore. Could it be off something other than your tractor ? What is the bore size ?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Other option would be the steering tilt mechanism has some bushings.
Maybe a wheelbarrow, 2 wheel dolly, or other small wheel bushing.
Small snow blower auger bushing?

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
It isn't part of your tractor so before telling you where it did come form you have to explain "wut fer" you need to know.

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
It was found on the ground near where I took the loader off to reseat the hydraulic coupler on the right side of the tractor. I have looked all over the tractor and I can't see where it came from. The hole is about 1/2" and it appears to be a casting made of white metal or what some call die cast.
A strange thing happened when I took the loader off, the right side cylinder came backward into the the cab where the glass door is that you open to release the loader lock. I was unable to remove the hydraulic coupler assembly, so I slowly backed the tractor away from the loader assembly. At that point, I was able to remove the hydraulic coupler and then pushed the right side cylinder to be equal to the left side cylinder. Reconnected the hydraulic coupler, and put the loader back onto the tractor. The loader function is the same as it always has been and the leaking stopped. Tomorrow I will be replacing the old coupler base with the new one that I received from the dealer and will continue to check to see where it might have come from. I will report back.

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
I was watching this video about removing the FEL and wondered it it's something (top or bottom) in this area since you said it was indeed a cast piece?

1711966302670.png

1711966507555.png

1711968914055.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Soopitup

Equipment
BX23S
Oct 25, 2018
New England
It looks just like where your green arrow is pointing.
I was going to stick my head under mine this morning, that may be it though.

Reactions: 3 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Soopitup got it, except that it was the forward hole. I guess that it happened at the time that I was putting it back on after the winter. This is when it was leaking oil. Thanks for the video, although I still have a minor issue getting the loader lined up exactly where it needs to be. More practice is needed.

MVC-014L.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

Soopitup

Equipment
BX23S
Oct 25, 2018
New England
Damn!
That's the new one right? You should tell him it broke during assembly and ask for another one!

I haven't taken my loader off yet. I need to one of these days just to see how it goes.

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Damn!
That's the new one right? You should tell him it broke during assembly and ask for another one!

I haven't taken my loader off yet. I need to one of these days just to see how it goes.
Nope, that is the old one. I did check out what tools I will need to remove the old one, and it is a 7/8" deep socket and a 5/8" or 16 mm tubing wrench. Holding the steel tube with the tubing wrench and spinning the top of the fitting with the 7/8" deep socket it will come apart. I am inclined to loosen all the pipe fittings first, then remove the two outer retainer bolts, and then finish unscrewing the 4 tubes from the part. Reverse to put it back together. Unfortunately with arthritis in my hands, I will need a helper to do the R&R. It is a project for a warmer day.
I think that if I told them that it broke during assembly they wouldn't offer another. The part sells for $225 +- on the Messicks website.

Soopitup

Equipment
BX23S
Oct 25, 2018
New England
Nope, that is the old one. I did check out what tools I will need to remove the old one, and it is a 7/8" deep socket and a 5/8" or 16 mm tubing wrench. Holding the steel tube with the tubing wrench and spinning the top of the fitting with the 7/8" deep socket it will come apart. I am inclined to loosen all the pipe fittings first, then remove the two outer retainer bolts, and then finish unscrewing the 4 tubes from the part. Reverse to put it back together. Unfortunately with arthritis in my hands, I will need a helper to do the R&R. It is a project for a warmer day.
I think that if I told them that it broke during assembly they wouldn't offer another. The part sells for $225 +- on the Messicks website.
You're right. I got the 2 mixed up.
Probably cost the dealer $100.

I'll have to check mine. IIRC it was built last year so in theory it should have the updated part......

I'm tempted to just nix the whole assembly and go with flat faced couplers.