Box blade

bbxlr8

Equipment
L2501 w/R14s, LA525, BH77, SGC0660, CL 5' BB, CL PHD, WG24 + Ford 1210 60" mmm,
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
I went with the 60" TSC CL/Titan after seaching used for almost a year (during peak of covid btw)
Also after trying to "make do" without one, I rapidly learned how useful it could be.

There are a lot better but it works fine for my use. If you go that route (either size), Look for a sale, use the card when they have a deal and make friends with the mgr. (gave me an extra 10% upon asking). Couldn't beat that deal with a stick!

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
a land plane can do one thing
a box blade can do many things, including what a land plane can do

I think the OP checked out anyways

milanmark

Equipment
B2601, Bucket, Grapple, Brush hog, stump bucket is ordered!
Jul 7, 2021
Milan, MI
You are not hurting my feelings just because I suggested it. I guess that you will forge your own path in life discarding the advice of others that you have asked for.
I've read about landplanes don't want one.... I might use a box blade once or twice a year and If I could find a used one I'd buy it but if I'm gonna spend for a new one I want to get best fit for me and I still don't think a landplane is what I want I figured that out before....

Quick

Equipment
B2601, LA435, BH70, LP SGC0554 Grapple, LP RB1672 Rear Blade, King Kutter 60" BB
Sep 23, 2021
St. Clair, MO.
I have a Kubota B2601 thinking of buying a box blade...
They seem fairly simple so I was just gonna go toTractor Supply and buy one... any thoughts?
Searched for a used one and they are almost same as new...
The other part of the question is what size? Tractor is 54" wide if I remember right, have seen 54 and 60" ones...
Thinking of a 54 as a 60 would be tight in the 2601 parking spot... will only be used ocassionally.
What say you guys?
For reference: I have the same tractor with 3" wheel spacers. I went big and tried the 72" and the little B just didn't have the power to pull it when the scarifiers were lowered. Dickey Bubs allowed me to swap it out for a 60" (my rear tire width) and that size works pretty good for me if not dropping the scarifiers all the way down. Think you'll be happy with the performance of a 54" if that is your rear tire width and will only be used occasionally. JMHO.
20220823_110502.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I've read about landplanes don't want one.... I might use a box blade once or twice a year and If I could find a used one I'd buy it but if I'm gonna spend for a new one I want to get best fit for me and I still don't think a landplane is what I want I figured that out before....
If youwant to drive EAST until you hit the Atlantic ocean, I will sell you my new, never used, King Kutter box blade.

Reactions: 1 user

milanmark

Equipment
B2601, Bucket, Grapple, Brush hog, stump bucket is ordered!
Jul 7, 2021
Milan, MI
For reference: I have the same tractor with 3" wheel spacers. I went big and tried the 72" and the little B just didn't have the power to pull it when the scarifiers were lowered. Dickey Bubs allowed me to swap it out for a 60" (my rear tire width) and that size works pretty good for me if not dropping the scarifiers all the way down. Think you'll be happy with the performance of a 54" if that is your rear tire width and will only be used occasionally. JMHO. View attachment 98314
Thanks!