Box blade

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
I ended up with a Woods 5 ft one. Haven't used it yet. Needs to dry out some more before I can get down below, plus want to wait until after the forestry mulcher guy finally comes and takes out my trash trees down in the creek overflow meadow.

Well first, might try doing the uphill parts of the old maintenance road that we have a trail on, e.g. to tilt it a bit to dig out some of the uphill stuff.

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
If you have the coin the EA box blades look to be the class of the field. I would get one but I only need to use it once to put a drive in for one of my kids new house this spring...

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
I don't know why everyone whines about the clips. Y'all have toolboxes on your blinged out tractors? Keep a vice grip or plyers in there. Grab the clip, pull it out, put it in and release. Easy peasy!:rolleyes: Oh and ya have to have a quick hitch too cuz its takes 5 minutes to do it the old fashioned way! Yeah, I know everyone likes the vastly superior bling! LMAO!
I see now there's hydraulic controlled levers for the ssqa so you don't have to get off the tractor! Soon all tractors will come with the remote key fob so you can sit in the easy chair and watch the tractor do all the work!
I want remote start, heated seats, and a heated steering wheel/joystick.

Reactions: 1 user

chriscozi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23S 3rdFunction TerraKingBagger 4ftBoxBlade 5ftPlowBlade 3ptQuickHitch
Nov 26, 2020
Rutland VT
www.sugarwoodschool.org
Anyone have direct experience with Landpride or TSC box blades? These are the ones directly available in my area unless I also want to look at Frontier. Figure main difference might be flexibility in mounting the digger gizmos, cost as well.

Figuring to level about a 3 acre area where they'll be taking out about a zillion trash trees, leveling out some stump removal spots other places and leveling an old maintenance road cut into the side of a slope.
Have the TSC 4ft. for my BX23S.
GLAD I got the smallest one cause when it's digging it it is hard to pull with my little guy.
Just as wide as my wheels. :)
Uses solid pins to hold the rippers.
I'm just adding a hydraulic top link this spring which you will REALLY need to save you work adjusting the manual one to make it work as intended.
I've considered weights but haven't needed them yet.

Reactions: 1 user