BORA wheel spacers

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Thanks Je I have seen this one before but forgot all about it. đź‘Ť
Maybe someone remembers a thread about needing to remove the existing studs on a Kubota tractor, and installing new ones supplied by the manufacturer of the spacers, before installing the spacers?

That thread caught my attention because I am considering spacers for my B2910 and do not want to go through the hassle of removing and replacing the original factory studs.

I do not remember which manufacturer was mentioned, but think it was either BroTek or Bora. I do not think this was an across-the-board thing, and could have been specific to a certain model Kubota tractor. It was NOT a BX if I remember correctly. Something larger.

In any case, when purchasing spacers I now know to ask if the OEM wheel studs can be used or not. Something I would not have thought to do before reading the thread I am referring to, that I cannot find now...

Note: The reason original wheel studs/bolts can be used is because the holes in the spacers are recessed. One issue that does come up sometimes, is the need for a thin wall socket to fit inside the recessed holes in the spacer when tightening the nuts/bolts.

Reactions: 1 users

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
It’s funny how the mind works sometimes.. at times I remember things that have had issues or certain ways of doing it. But! if everything goes right.. in the videos or threads you’re reading not as much catches your attention if all goes well.

Spacers are pretty self explanatory once you get them and see there’s really only one way they can go. But when you see a post about removing factory studs.. it does catch your thought!

The only reason I can see for switching them out is because the factory ones are too long and would have to be cut so they don’t protrude.. “stopping the wheel from seating” or too short for the thickness they needed left in for strength.

Anyways I did go out and check for the BX and all is good that one.

Reactions: 1 user

BCSB

Equipment
L5030-FEL-front mount blower and blade- ZG23- B2650
Mar 19, 2019
Wisconsin
I went with 3" Bro-Tek on my B2650. No need to pull any of the studs. I need all the help I can get with our hills.I added 1 1/2" on the front just to push the fronts into the rear tracks-they won't really help with stability. I'm at least 300 hrs with the 60" mower and the fit is good. It's close when you raise it but I machined a 1" spacer to drop the transport position for rear clearance. The rears sit just inside the mower track. I use the loader as a back up in the wood yard during the winter. With 650-700 lbs on the 3 pt and the 3" spreaders it makes all the difference.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I have the stock spacers. In hind sight, I maybe should have bought 3 inch instead of the 1 inch stock ones. Of course, it was much easier to have the dealer install the 1 inch as part of the deal. I can’t say I have a real issue, but 4 inches wider would probably be better.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Maybe someone remembers a thread about needing to remove the existing studs on a Kubota tractor, and installing new ones supplied by the manufacturer of the spacers, before installing the spacers?
I got curious for some reason, and checked the Bro-Tec web site for my B2910, and they have installation instructions you can view, and indeed, for my B2910, you need to remove the factory studs and replace with provided studs that have a taper.

Did not pickup the reason. Probably is not stated, but it might be.

I wonder, but do not know, if this is a way to make the set up lug centric instead of the hub centric design which is the original design.

I would certainly ask before purchasing. Not at the point of purchasing anything yet...

The Bora site states their spacers "are built Hub and Wheel Centric to ensure a perfect tight fit."

itguy

Equipment
Kubota BX23S, CB0546, GS0548, LR0560, PFL1242, RCR1242, SGC0554, WB10, QH05
Sep 4, 2020
WA State
See the thing I have about the bro tek is you have to screw out the OEM studs then new ones ,I just dont think that is nessary that why I am asking about the BORA
Per the installation Instructions (Page 2):
F. The factory OEM Lug bolts shall be reused to install the spacer to the axle.*Note: On certain BX model/Year, each axle will have 2 studs & 3 lug bolt.

These Studs remain on the axle, do not remove these.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
it,, yeah I was asking bout the new B I dont know if that is the same for both, I would think it is

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
My BX22 has bolts that hold the wheel to the axle. When I installed the spacers on that tractor, I purchased Grade 8 bolts, and threaded them in from the rear, and locked them with Loctite's medium strength. I then installed the spacer to the axles with new lug nuts that I purchased separately. I installed the wheels to the spacers with the purchased lug nuts.

Last edited:

itguy

Equipment
Sep 4, 2020
WA State
it,, yeah I was asking bout the new B I dont know if that is the same for both, I would think it is
Ah, I missed your B2601 below the BX.

Yes, you do for that model:
Important the axle Stud are not long enough to accept the Spacers.
all the 6 studs must be removed.

itguy

Equipment
Sep 4, 2020
WA State
I'm going to get the BroTek, just deciding which width is best.

The guy at the dealer I was talking to told me to not go over 2", maybe because of the BH weight but not clear or remember why he recommended that.

Anyone know of any issues going to the 2.5' or 3" on a BX with BH?

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Can't imagine why you couldn't go with any size that you wanted. I went with 1 1/2" spacers because I wanted to keep the wheels inside of the snow blower path. The only reason that I can think of for not going past the 2" spacers is if you have a mid mount mower deck. I got tired of having the mower deck on the tractor, which meant that I couldn't use the back hoe, so I use a ZTR to cut the grass.

itguy

Equipment
Sep 4, 2020
WA State
Can't imagine why you couldn't go with any size that you wanted. I went with 1 1/2" spacers because I wanted to keep the wheels inside of the snow blower path. The only reason that I can think of for not going past the 2" spacers is if you have a mid mount mower deck. I got tired of having the mower deck on the tractor, which meant that I couldn't use the back hoe, so I use a ZTR to cut the grass.
I do have a MMM but I'm probably going to sell it and get something for mowing the lawn, it's too much hassle installing to mow and removing the BH and bucket.

I can use the BH with the MMM on, does your model have something that blocks that?

machinedog39

Lifetime Member
Jan 30, 2020
Anchorage, AK
I'm going to get the BroTek, just deciding which width is best.

The guy at the dealer I was talking to told me to not go over 2", maybe because of the BH weight but not clear or remember why he recommended that.

Anyone know of any issues going to the 2.5' or 3" on a BX with BH?
Have been running 3" on a BX 2380 last 3 years . No problems.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I do have a MMM but I'm probably going to sell it and get something for mowing the lawn, it's too much hassle installing to mow and removing the BH and bucket.

I can use the BH with the MMM on, does your model have something that blocks that?
Don't know. When I bought it, the dealer told me that the MMM had to be off the tractor when using the backhoe, and the backhoe had o be off when using the MMM. I used to mow with the loader attached, but getting around the trees was more than I cared to do. Taking the loader off just for the winter is more than I wanted to do, so I upgraded, and am selling the BX22 with all its attachments.

itguy

Equipment
Sep 4, 2020
WA State
I decided to go with the 2" Bro-Tek.

Partly because of the dealer comment and I do not have hills or slopes to drive on, just looking for better stability on uneven ground.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Pros Cons, where did you get them and what was the cost? Maybe I am overly sensitive but the B still seems way to tippy for old Dad on the hills and in the woods.
@skeets did you ever end up getting spacers?

the only reason I hadnt bought the kubota ones was seeing what a pain Gord had @GP Outdoors taking out his wheel studs. I was going to order the Bro-Tek ones but after reviewing instructions, same thing. I saw the youtube video with the B2601 Bora spacer install and he just stuck them on there leaving the studs in place. I ordered a set of the 2" Bora ones. Will report back.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Confirmed with Bora, their kit does not require stud removal for B2601 (Kubota kit does)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Thanks guys, yes 737 the order is in

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
I would like to see a chart of the max tip angle of the tractor vs 1", 2", & 3" spacers.
Also, they seem high priced. I think someone with a lathe could fabricate them for cheaper.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I would like to see a chart of the max tip angle of the tractor vs 1", 2", & 3" spacers.
Also, they seem high priced. I think someone with a lathe could fabricate them for cheaper.
I have a lathe and a milling machine and I know how to use both. 8" round 6061 is $50 per inch plus shipping. I could maybe beat the price by a very small amount if I did not account for my labor. I will be buying my set from Bora.

Dan