BORA wheel spacers

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Pros Cons, where did you get them and what was the cost? Maybe I am overly sensitive but the B still seems way to tippy for old Dad on the hills and in the woods.

Reactions: 1 user

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
Pros Cons, where did you get them and what was the cost? Maybe I am overly sensitive but the B still seems way to tippy for old Dad on the hills and in the woods.
Skeets, I got my BORA spacers from UTV parts and accessories. With my L3560 cab, it is tippy on the steep hills I have. I got the 3" spacers and they were $320. with free shipping. They help a lot, but I'm STILL extremely careful on the hills and try not to get too carried away going sideways on the hills. I also added a tiltmeter to
P9130007.JPG
P9130007.JPG
P9130006.JPG
it to help keep me informed on my angles.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
The pros are many. Only cons I can think of are the cost and installation if you have your tires filled. I've kicked around the idea several times, just haven't pulled the trigger yet. On my property I can easily avoid traversing a steep slope.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
I forgot to add the picture of my tiltmeter. I got it from the sales section on TBN. As far as the installation goes, I jacked up the side I was working on, loosened the bolts (almost couldn't get them off) and used a pallet jack to glide out the tires and slide them back on when the spacers were on.

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
What model tractor are you looking for spacers for?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
B 2601 maybe it is just me but I feel the rear end should be at least 4 inches wider

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
B 2601 maybe it is just me but I feel the rear end should be at least 4 inches wider
I ordered 2" spacers a while back for mine but haven't had a chance to install/test them yet. My theory is that I'd rather have them and not need them than need them and not have them.

angrymatt

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, SCR1860, BX42 Chipper, Grade Scraper, PL1242 Forks, 60" Pusher
Sep 4, 2020
NH
I went with 2" from Bro-Tek on my BX2680 cause it was as wide as you could go with a MMM. They made a huge difference. They were about $200 with shipping right from Bro-Tek. The company is great and they were almost too nice looking to hide. Going to put 3" on my b2650 soon.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I went with 2" from Bro-Tek on my BX2680 cause it was as wide as you could go with a MMM. They made a huge difference. They were about $200 with shipping right from Bro-Tek. The company is great and they were almost too nice looking to hide. Going to put 3" on my b2650 soon.
I keep looking at the Bro-Tek, they look good and I really like that their hub centric to the wheel. The $30 shipping is the only reason I don’t have em yet..
So far I think their the only ones that have the correct hub centric fitment. From what I’ve measured none of the others are the right size exactly.

Reactions: 2 users

angrymatt

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 4, 2020
NH
I keep looking at the Bro-Tek, they look good and I really like that their hub centric to the wheel. The $30 shipping is the only reason I don’t have em yet..
So far I think their the only ones that have the correct hub centric fitment. From what I’ve measured none of the others are the right size exactly.
Yeah the shipping is rough but i will say i was shocked at how heavy they were. I didnt take any real measurements but the fit and finish of them were spot on. I looked at a bunch of others including some cheap ones off amazon and im glad i went with Bro-Tek. Now im selling the BX and need to buy another set.

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I share what you feel about shipping, but if the price were $30 higher, and the shipping was "free", would you feel more like ordering?

Probably a question suppliers ask themselves frequently when pricing their products...

Reactions: 3 users

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I share what you feel about shipping, but if the price were $30 higher, and the shipping was "free", would you feel more like ordering?

Probably a question suppliers ask themselves frequently when pricing their products...
Good question! Lol maybe.. but I do feel that would be over priced then! I was willing to go for the price their asking and might at some point. If their shipping would have been $15-18 I would probably have them by now but when companies gouge on shipping then they usually lose a customer or so..

Adding in some cost of the shipping might help them but for 2” spacers.. I would say their making a bundle on them without the extra padding of their high shipping.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
See the thing I have about the bro tek is you have to screw out the OEM studs then new ones ,I just dont think that is nessary that why I am asking about the BORA

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Both are quality spacers and you won't go wrong with either. I certainly understand your concern about removing the existing studs though.

Last edited:

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
See the thing I have about the bro tek is you have to screw out the OEM studs then new ones ,I just dont think that is nessary that why I am asking about the BORA
I’m not following you completely..

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I’m not following you completely..
Some wheel spacers you simply slip over the existing studs and use existing nuts to secure the spacers, then use new nuts to secure the wheels to the spacer studs.

I also read that one supplier(BroTec maybe?) of wheel spacers requires removing the existing wheel studs from the hub , and installing studs they supply. Not desirable in my mind either, and I do not know the reason why they do this.

Like Skeets (I assume), I would prefer spacers that simply attach to what I have existing, in place of the wheel...

So I guess that is why he is asking about Bora

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Some wheel spacers you simply slip over the existing studs and use existing nuts to secure the spacers, then use new nuts to secure the wheels to the spacer studs.

I also read that one supplier(BroTec maybe?) of wheel spacers requires removing the existing wheel studs from the hub , and installing studs they supply. Not desirable in my mind either, and I do not know the reason why they do this.

Like Skeets (I assume), I would prefer spacers that simply attach to what I have existing, in place of the wheel...

So I guess that is why he is asking about Bora
Thanks Henro! That’s what I thought he was getting at.. I’m familiar with how they work but yeah that confused me and I don’t understand their reasoning in that either. So are the studs we have on Kubota’s actual bolts that screw in and not the normal splined studs? Like in auto..

Also for anyone that knows, is the Bora spacer hub centric to the wheel.. I like that design better even though the hub isn’t.

angrymatt

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 4, 2020
NH
I may be confused but i dont remember removing any studs or anything oem. From what i remember the spacers bolt onto the oem studs and the rim bolts to the spacer. Again i may be missing something but i cant picture how you bolt a 2” spacer on without using new hardware. I cant find the instructions but from what i remember the spacers came with everything i needed to install. Im sure both are good options from what i read.

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
I know the studs don't need to be removed for the 2" Bro-Teks on the LX and L series but I can't speak to the BX series. The studs do need to be removed for some models of the spacers that Kubota offers (B2601 for certain). The video below is for a BX with Bro-Teks and he reused the wheel studs but I'm not sure it's the same for all models.

Last edited:

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I know the studs don't need to be removed for the 2" Bro-Teks on the LX and L series but I can't speak to the BX series. The studs do need to be removed for some models of the spacers that Kubota offers (B2601 for certain). The video below is for a BX with Bro-Teks and he reused the wheel studs but I'm not sure it's the same for all models.

Thanks Je I have seen this one before but forgot all about it. 👍