Blue and Red won't connect!

Smoke

Equipment
BX25D with Mower Deck, FL and BH
May 31, 2014
Washington, PA USA
Hello everyone, I'm a newbie and I just purchased my first Kubota BX25D and my first tractor with a diesel engine and with the other implements. I love it so far. I was able to remove the FL and BH (thanks to YouTube) but now I am trying to re-attach the FL and I am having trouble connecting the hydraulic hoses! Specifically the Blue and the Red. This should be the easy part right?! The white and the Yellow go on fine, it's just the other two that won't click into place. My thumbs have blisters because of how hard I am pushing. Any advice? Thanks

aeblank

Jun 19, 2013
Cadillac, MI
There is probably some pressure in the lines. Need to relieve it with a screwdriver and hammer to the checkvalve or something.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
No hammering needed. Be sure engine is not running. Move control handle about and relieve any pressure that prevents the connecting. Wipe oil off things so you can get a better grip also.

aeblank

Jun 19, 2013
Cadillac, MI
I had pressure on the loader side. It must have settled over the winter. Believe me, needed a hammer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Best way to deal with pressure on the lines is to crack the quick connects on the hoses to relive pressure. Just unscrew them a little and a little fluid will come out and you'll be able to connect them.
Next time you park it be sure to shut off the tractor and move the control in all directions to relive any remaining pressure.

Smoke

Equipment
BX25D with Mower Deck, FL and BH
May 31, 2014
Washington, PA USA
Thanks everyone for your responses. I actually did shut the tractor off and move the joystick all around when I parked it. I was surfing around the Internet and read something about the temperature can affect the pressure in the lines so I went out and tried it again when the sun went down. They snapped on easy as could be! So if you ever run into this problem.....the heat might be increasing the pressure in the lines.

The_Al

Equipment
L3540, Heavy duty FEL, 9' bachoe, Brush hog, 72" grappler
Jul 19, 2013
MA
Thanks everyone for your responses. I actually did shut the tractor off and move the joystick all around when I parked it. I was surfing around the Internet and read something about the temperature can affect the pressure in the lines so I went out and tried it again when the sun went down. They snapped on easy as could be! So if you ever run into this problem.....the heat might be increasing the pressure in the lines.
Another thing I have done is to put ice on the ends to release pressure, but shutting her off and releasing up top seems to always work

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Rather than waiting for dark, I tap the button/pin in the QD male hose coupler with a 3/8" socket extension and a hammer. A bit of oil squirts out, and they then go together easily. I believe the manual says to tap the pin with a blunt object, as well.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Rather than waiting for dark, I tap the button/pin in the QD male hose coupler with a 3/8" socket extension and a hammer. A bit of oil squirts out, and they then go together easily. I believe the manual says to tap the pin with a blunt object, as well.
Cool, sounds like I could just use my head. Hard, blunt object...:rolleyes: