Block heaters

Broncbob

Equipment
B7100HST-D
Jan 5, 2022
Utah
Normally a block heater either threads into the block, or replaces a freeze plug. Other than it has to physically fit, a higher quality one will last longer before it fails. I don’t happen to own that model of tractor, so I can help much there. I don’t recommend leaving it plugged in at all times, as they are a decent power draw. Normally three hours will get a average pickup up to as warm as the block heater will get things.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Does anyone have a suggestion as to what type of block heater or fluid heater works best for a L2850?
Cutting the lower hose and installing an inline heater there is a little easier......... depending on the room under the hood. AS Bob pointed out - 2 hours is about the longest you want to leave on. After a certain point of time, no matter how long you leave it on, the "cold" air around will take away heat from those parts that get warm and you will simply burn the element out quicker.

All you have to know is the ID of the lower hose and then cut it accordingly

here is an example - I have not idea WHAT your hose diameter is ...... so study up before you go this route

https://www.amazon.com/Kats-16600-Lower-Radiator-Heater/dp/B00F8KTD1E

Strodad

Equipment
L2850
Jul 25, 2021
Eddington, Maine
Cutting the lower hose and installing an inline heater there is a little easier......... depending on the room under the hood. AS Bob pointed out - 2 hours is about the longest you want to leave on. After a certain point of time, no matter how long you leave it on, the "cold" air around will take away heat from those parts that get warm and you will simply burn the element out quicker.

All you have to know is the ID of the lower hose and then cut it accordingly

here is an example - I have not idea WHAT your hose diameter is ...... so study up before you go this route

https://www.amazon.com/Kats-16600-Lower-Radiator-Heater/dp/B00F8KTD1E
Thanks, My question was what everyone had experience with and any recommendations.
I have an inline hose heater with a timer circuit to keep it on for 1.75 hr and off for 1 hr with another timer that I can set for four hours before I am to fire it up. I used this assembly on my last Jeep Wrangler when I lived in Spokane, WA.
Just not sure if this is better than a freeze plug heater or a magnet heater. If I had a garage I would just leave a lamp on under the engine.

Cobraone

Equipment
B2650, G1800 FWS, B2782B snow blower, RC48G20 mower deck
Jan 27, 2018
Boyne City, Michigan
I use the kubota screw in block heater for my B2650, working fine for about four years, I think Kubota charges around $50 dollars for it

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I had a heater installed in my BX22 when it was delivered in 2003 or 2004, and I sold it in the spring of 2022. Every winter I plugged the heater in overnight before any snow was expected, and it never burned out, but it did keep the engine very warm. The tractor spent all of its life outside, and the paint did show that, but it was serviced regularly at every 50 hours for the oil, and the rest per the manual.