Block Heater

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
If you use Amazon the hex bit is oemtools 22843 $5.98 the socket is DeWalt demt19289b $4.00
Are the numbers for the tools

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Here is picture of my B2410 with a screw in block heater. Remove the plug with 17mm hex key socket. Screw in block heater. Very easy job.
View attachment 73858
Hey K Sam.... thanks for the picture of your block heater installed. And yes My 2410 has the same 17mm hex wrench plug. I ask my granddaughter to give me a hand (literally) to get the side cover off. I just spoke with my dealer after sharing your heater installation and his catalogs do not show the heater unit. His catalogs did not even give the size and thread data for the removed plug.... he still iterated all he sees is the freeze plug route for installation.

Would you happen to have the Kubota part # if there is one or most likely if it is an aftermarket unit a name and their part #. If I could get one like yours .... 30 min and I am done! Thanks in advance for all your assistance.

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
Hey K Sam.... thanks for the picture of your block heater installed. And yes My 2410 has the same 17mm hex wrench plug. I ask my granddaughter to give me a hand (literally) to get the side cover off. I just spoke with my dealer after sharing your heater installation and his catalogs do not show the heater unit. His catalogs did not even give the size and thread data for the removed plug.... he still iterated all he sees is the freeze plug route for installation.

Would you happen to have the Kubota part # if there is one or most likely if it is an aftermarket unit a name and their part #. If I could get one like yours .... 30 min and I am done! Thanks in advance for all your assistance.
See post # 5 for the part number...

Reactions: 1 user

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine

I don't remember the part number. I will look and see if I still have the sales slip. I know I did get it from the local Kubota dealer.

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Daferris is correct with the part number. Here is link to Coleman Equipment web page listing it for B2410.Coleman

As usual Wolfman to the rescue!!
Also what a great detailed description of the job Daferris provided in post #5. It is excellent.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
You won't use the metal plug or the hose clamp.

Thanks Wolfman... Thank you a bunch I have to share something with you all. When I called my dealer and followed up with a picture text of the hex keyed plug to give him exactly what we were talking about... He said to be careful that plug was not part of the oil circulation cooling system (trans cooler) I had to chuckle. I let him know the 1/2" line immediately below the 1" or so plug followed back to the coolant petcock and with that and in talking with folks that have already done this we are pretty safe. He is new.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks Wolfman... Thank you a bunch I have to share something with you all. When I called my dealer and followed up with a picture text of the hex keyed plug to give him exactly what we were talking about... He said to be careful that plug was not part of the oil circulation cooling system (trans cooler) I had to chuckle. I let him know the 1/2" line immediately below the 1" or so plug followed back to the coolant petcock and with that and in talking with folks that have already done this we are pretty safe. He is new.
That's a hoot!
I have heard quite a few different things over the years, especially from dealers, that were less than right.