Bleeding fuel injector pipes

bcolwell

Equipment
L3450
Oct 7, 2014
Markdale, Ontario
I am preparing to remove the inlet manifold, to replace the Glow Plugs on my L3450. In anticipation of having to bleed the fuel lines and injector pipes, I have read the article "How to Bleed Kubota Fuel Injector Lines" on this forum.

My dilemma is I cannot find in my detailed service manual any reference to a "fuel bleed valve located on the side of the injection pump " or a "cylinder head decompression knob". Actually no word "decompression" anywhere. Also, I cannot find anything that looks like the pictures on my L3450.

In my manual to bleed the fuel lines for a L3450 1. fill the tank. 2. open the fuel cock. 3. start the engine for 1 minute. 4. stop the engine.

Can someone help me understand?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I am preparing to remove the inlet manifold, to replace the Glow Plugs on my L3450. In anticipation of having to bleed the fuel lines and injector pipes, I have read the article "How to Bleed Kubota Fuel Injector Lines" on this forum.

My dilemma is I cannot find in my detailed service manual any reference to a "fuel bleed valve located on the side of the injection pump " or a "cylinder head decompression knob". Actually no word "decompression" anywhere. Also, I cannot find anything that looks like the pictures on my L3450.

In my manual to bleed the fuel lines for a L3450 1. fill the tank. 2. open the fuel cock. 3. start the engine for 1 minute. 4. stop the engine.

Can someone help me understand?
Your tractor does not have either of those.

Here is all you need to do.
Do all your work, then on reassembly connect the injection lines on both the injectors and injection pump, leaving them slightly loose on the injector side, set the throttle to high, crank the tractor several times in short burst (5 seconds or so), then tighten the lines and it should fire right up.

The L3450 is a little different then most, is that it will self bleed all other parts of the fuel system no need to get fancy when you change the filter.

It will even bleed all the way to the injectors (just takes longer when you've opened it up) all by itself. ;)

Last edited:

bcolwell

Equipment
L3450
Oct 7, 2014
Markdale, Ontario
Thank you Wolfman. It appears that the engineers who designed this tractor made somethings more difficult and other things easier.
I think i am almost ready to dig in and replace those Glow Plugs, waiting on a Inlet Manifold gasket.
Thanks again.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
You can probably reuse the gasket in there! You can have it all ready to button up even if you insist on the new one.

bcolwell

Equipment
L3450
Oct 7, 2014
Markdale, Ontario
Yeah, I thought of that, and I will reuse if it is reusable. If not reusable i will have a back up. Rather have a backup then wait a week or so to get the new one, and have the tractor unusable during that time.
Thanks for the thought.