Big tool rack - no returns in 7 years claim

johnsayen

Jul 3, 2021
Michigan
I am looking at the big tool rack and their promo material claims they've had no returns in 7 years. I figured there had to be at least one ornery person not happy with their big tool rack so I looked into their return policy.

"Returns will only be accepted within 14 days of the receipt of your product. The product must be returned unopened in the original packaging. We do not accept returns of used products."

I think I found the reason they've had no returns in 7 years. I am not trying to say the product is bad, it looks really nice and I'm strongly considering buying one. I found the return policy pretty funny though.

All that said, are you happy with yours?

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
It seems to be a product that lends itself to return due to buyer’s remorse more then something returned due to a defect. Their policy is likely a smart business policy.

That being said, I don’t own one so can’t give you any input of the product

Last edited:

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Lx2610 Cab, Fel, Backhoe, Grapple, Box Grader, Forks
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
I am looking at the big tool rack and their promo material claims they've had no returns in 7 years. I figured there had to be at least one ornery person not happy with their big tool rack so I looked into their return policy.

"Returns will only be accepted within 14 days of the receipt of your product. The product must be returned unopened in the original packaging. We do not accept returns of used products."

I think I found the reason they've had no returns in 7 years. I am not trying to say the product is bad, it looks really nice and I'm strongly considering buying one. I found the return policy pretty funny though.

All that said, are you happy with yours?

The concept of it is wonderful, but
Wow are they super expensive! Or am i just Cheap with certain stuff?

Reactions: 4 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
That return policy is ok, but advertising it as a plus when you can’t even open the package is bogus.

Reactions: 2 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
There’s a couple threads on these.

I’ll give you the Readers Digest summary as I recall:

Most guys that have them seem to be happy with them.

Those without them bitch about how expensive they are…

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Lx2610 Cab, Fel, Backhoe, Grapple, Box Grader, Forks
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
There’s a couple threads on these.

I’ll give you the Readers Digest summary as I recall:

Most guys that have them seem to be happy with them.

Those without them bitch about how expensive they are…
They are nice. No doubt. But $2500 nice? Come on. That’s just a little bit much

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I'd call them and ask it they had any returns they sell as seconds. When they answer NO, I'd ask them how that return policy works... how can you be dissatisfied if you never open the package? Just let them know it's foolish.

check 6

Equipment
BX 2680 FEL and pallet forks aerator ZD1211, RTV500
Apr 8, 2019
Seguin, Texas
I have one and it is well built and the company is very helpful. Yes it ie expensive but then quality is. Nice way to organize my yard tools and easily get them where I need them . Easy to hook to the tractor using a quick hitch it will carry a bunch . I’m a happy owner and never considered the return policy

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I understand some people aren't 'wrenchturners', ' bodgers', whatever
but...
for that kind of money ,I'd expect the 2" rcvr to haul more than a FIFTY pound load....(from their website..)..

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
I get a kick out of the you tubers that do a video or two on how wonderful the BTR is and then you rarely, if ever, see them use it again.

D

Deleted member 47704

I get a kick out of the you tubers that do a video or two on how wonderful the BTR is and then you rarely, if ever, see them use it again.
They do that hoping they can monetize their account to pay for their stuff.Or made a deal with the dealer to do vids and plug the living beejesus out of them.
You see it with everything.Tractors,cars,motorcycles etc
If they get a large following then they go after sponsorship.No going to mention anyone specific but I don't watch those who are doing vids for money. They don't have much educational value, just saying look at me this is what I am doing today.Thank you for your patronage, heres yur sign.

D

Deleted member 47704

Totally agree. Overpriced by 2K no less.
I'm no cheapskate by anymeans but I won't spend that kind of dough on something like that, but for a couple reasons.
I try to avoid building stuff because of the time it takes to do it. I have resources that include CNC machinary, CNC plasma cutting , mig welder , saw, tube bender. When I make my own stuff its because commercial products don't quite do what I need.

re54drider

Equipment
L2800, FEL, Bush Hog
May 9, 2011
Goldston, nc
I don't know where your got your return information but here is what is currently on their website:
Returns Policy
Returns are welcome within (14) days for a refund, minus any shipping costs incurred. No returns will be accepted after (14) days of receipt of the item(s). Please Note: If the item that you purchased included free shipping, the actual shipping cost will be deducted from your refund.
Return shipping for purchased items and all costs related, are the responsibility of the customer.
Items must be in new condition, returned in their original packaging, and should visibly reference an RMA # issued by our customer service staff.
Refunds take approximately two weeks to process upon return of the item(s), and after all return policy terms have been satisfied

johnsayen

Jul 3, 2021
Michigan
I don't know where your got your return information but here is what is currently on their website:
Returns Policy
Returns are welcome within (14) days for a refund, minus any shipping costs incurred. No returns will be accepted after (14) days of receipt of the item(s). Please Note: If the item that you purchased included free shipping, the actual shipping cost will be deducted from your refund.
Return shipping for purchased items and all costs related, are the responsibility of the customer.
Items must be in new condition, returned in their original packaging, and should visibly reference an RMA # issued by our customer service staff.
Refunds take approximately two weeks to process upon return of the item(s), and after all return policy terms have been satisfied
I am pretty sure what you posted is exactly the same policy that I posted and said differently with different words?

from your quote: “Items must be in new condition, returned in their original packaging, and should visibly reference an RMA”

I found what I quoted on their website here: https://www.bigtoolrack.com/shipping-delivery

Last edited: