Bh70 bucket cylinder assembly

Tomztoy

Equipment
L3901 FEL BH Grapple Post Hole Digger Flail Mower Back Blade Rake Stump Grinder
Oct 28, 2016
Cleveland TN
I currently have a BH70 with a bent cylinder bucket rod and cannot get my dealer to put one on backorder. So I am looking for alternatives.
Does any one have the specifications for a BH70 cylinder bucket assembly? I have called a half dozen dealers trying to locate a 7K506-43010 complete assembly (and/or parts) and was repeatedly told "gook luck trying to find one". A major on line dealer said that there are none in the US. My own dealer parts dept. said "they have stopped making them". My B2601 was purchased new 2 years ago besides the fact that Kubota stills sells them. So getting local dealer to help locate something is not an option. I did ask a few of the calls about current spec's on cylinder but got no where so I an reaching out for some direction.
I there any place that may sell a non-factory replacement?
Any suggestion/info is greatly appreciated.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
It's still listed on the Canadian website. So are all the parts. Maybe try an on-line place like Messicks?

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Can you get the measurements and buy one on line? The local hydraulic shop could probably measure it to get one. You might have to lengthen or shorten lines but I would think it is doable. More than likely it would cost less than Kubota.

Reactions: 1 user

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I ran a search on 7K506-43010

found that Sowell Tractor in Panama City, FL "MIGHT" have one. It'd be worth calling & see if they'll ship it. That was the only listing. All warehouses show zeros, so it would be backorder only and knowing Kubota, you might or might NOT get it. A lot of times when there is all zeros in all the warehouses, they're not likely to get another one until they get a run of orders for the same part.

Tomztoy

Equipment
Oct 28, 2016
Cleveland TN
I ran a search on 7K506-43010

found that Sowell Tractor in Panama City, FL "MIGHT" have one. It'd be worth calling & see if they'll ship it. That was the only listing. All warehouses show zeros, so it would be backorder only and knowing Kubota, you might or might NOT get it. A lot of times when there is all zeros in all the warehouses, they're not likely to get another one until they get a run of orders for the same part.
Called both Sowell and Mesick's without luck. I am pretty much at the point of searching for "something really close".
Thanks

Tomztoy

Equipment
Oct 28, 2016
Cleveland TN
Can you get the measurements and buy one on line? The local hydraulic shop could probably measure it to get one. You might have to lengthen or shorten lines but I would think it is doable. More than likely it would cost less than Kubota.
That is the direction I am heading.
Thanks

baronetm

Equipment
L3901HST w/FEL, 3rd fnct. BH77 BH, 5' Bushhog, 6' BBL, 42" Forks, WoodMaxx WM-8H
Apr 19, 2017
South Central VT.
Try a reputable machine shop, they may have or be able to purchase the cylinder rod material and machine the rod to match your damaged rod, i.e. don't forget to tell them you want it without the bend, don't laugh I have seen it done.

Luckystars

Equipment
M5950 M1840A RTV900 CLUB CAR CARRY ALL 1
Mar 1, 2018
Webster FL USA
Here in Florida we have Central Hydraulics. They rebuild cylinders or sell replacements. End to end distance, length of stroke, bore, end size and connections and hose connections all will matter but these guys seem to have or make everything. There has to be some place like this near you.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Sounds like you've tried to order just the rod also, right? You should be able to find a shop to make a new one or possibly straighten the old one. Not to pick on you, but how did you bend it? You're not the first and I'm trying to learn what not to do. I don't have enough years left to make all the screw ups myself.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Sounds like you've tried to order just the rod also, right? You should be able to find a shop to make a new one or possibly straighten the old one. Not to pick on you, but how did you bend it? You're not the first and I'm trying to learn what not to do. I don't have enough years left to make all the screw ups myself.
You will have to work faster.

Pau7220

Equipment
L3650 GST, Landpride TL250 FEL w/ Piranha, 6' King Kutter, GM1084R Finish
Aug 1, 2017
Scranton, PA
Not to pick on you, but how did you bend it?
Both of my dump cylinder rods bent when the crappy welds broke on the dump stops. PO was anything BUT gentle ... and all of his repair methods included duct tape and bailing wire. Straightened them with a hydraulic press and V-blocks.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Both of my dump cylinder rods bent when the crappy welds broke on the dump stops. PO was anything BUT gentle ... and all of his repair methods included duct tape and bailing wire. Straightened them with a hydraulic press and V-blocks.
Thanks. Good luck.

Teejohnowens

Equipment
Kubota L3650DT
Jul 18, 2020
Home
hey man i see you have the same tractor as i do. Im having abad problem with my steering column leaking under the steering wheel. Have you ever had that problem?

Pau7220

Equipment
L3650 GST, Landpride TL250 FEL w/ Piranha, 6' King Kutter, GM1084R Finish
Aug 1, 2017
Scranton, PA
hey man i see you have the same tractor as i do. Im having abad problem with my steering column leaking under the steering wheel. Have you ever had that problem?
Answered in your thread.

Last edited: